Rocket stove with vortex

Present your DIY projects, your new technical ideas, your innovations to test or your self-construction work. Because doing it yourself is often more economical and can be more efficient.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Rocket stove with vortex

by Ahmed » 26/06/16, 23:27

After reviewing a lot of rocket stoves achievements, the idea has been thrusting into my mind for a while trying to synthesize the solutions that most caught my attention. It's a little lack of materials (recovery (1)) and hardware that has braked me in this project. I happened to find a 106 / 115 round tube (2) from a factory that was doing some work and I had new tools.
Since I have no certainty as to the ideal proportions or dimensions, my approach is purely empirical and the use of waste scrap serves me to decide in this area of ​​design! 8)

In the picture, the vertical tube (riser) is attached to the fireplace; The latter consists of 50 angles welded in a square to form a square tube. As can be seen, the entrance of the gases is strongly offset, so as to initiate a vortex without using a restriction of the section, as is generally the case (which seems to me nonsense). It remains to make a cut in the vertical tube to make the junction of these two parts. So far, the fireplace parts are simply pointed at the arc (3) and this will probably be sufficient, as a perfect seal is not required at this level.
Next step, cutting the vertical tube to a height of 100 and about half the circumference: this is more than what is necessary, but I prefer to cut further and detach the part that will ensure the junction Of spiral primer), because it will be easier to form outside the tube ...

(1) It is important to start from recovery, because this is a first realization that will probably require modifications ...
(2) From 6 M long! What to do a lot of tests ...
(3) On rusted scrap (even slightly prepared), it is the best welding process: the mig does not appreciate ...
Attachments
rocket1.JPG
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
morgaf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Rocket stove with vortex

by morgaf » 27/06/16, 00:59

I also built a rocket stove with a square tube 100. At random, one-third to two-thirds horizontal tube for vertical. This works very well for a plancha or Dutch oven. My question, what is the advantage of the vortex?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/06/16, 09:59

I was very interested in the theories of Schauberger On the hydraulic vortex and as the gases are also fluids, I think it should be positive in terms of combustion ... anyway, it remains pretty! :P You do not find? 8)
Moreover, the device of the rocket stove standard remains very simple and it is stimulating to introduce a difficulty and some variants of execution that are not present in the usual version ...
You can, if you want, post a photo of your realization with the comments that go with ... : Wink:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/06/16, 10:55

Since we are there, I come back to the idea behind my head, it is the hybridization of the heating system to use several types of fuels (like wood + small gas burner), history To be able to launch a remote outbreak.

It can even be patentable because I do not believe it exists!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/06/16, 12:57

It is planned to use several kinds of fuels: wooden menus, to please Dede and Chatelot and STEP granules, if I manage to get hold of them (it's a bit complicated since these people learned the word "recovery": they have not yet understood that it can coexist with "energy" !). Either way, I intend to make a basket to burn solid fuels into quite small fragments, like wafers or nutshells ... However, I don't believe it possible to try fuels that are too low. energy density, like ground miscanthus, because the "feeder" is too small (part on the right) ...
Normally, the vertical tube will be isolated by pozzolan * contained by a body of extinguisher (still to be found ...).

In the picture, the main duct was cut and part of the fall was formed to connect to the horizontal focus. I was thinking of operating in the hot iron, but it was possible to use a hydraulic press and I had only to tinkle the curve on the anvil, cold.

PS: I do not try to achieve anything patentable, since it is in open source ... (nota: anything that does not exist is not necessarily patentable of this fact alone ...).

* Why pozzolan? Because I can recover ... 8)
Attachments
rocket2.JPG
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/06/16, 13:40

Bottles of gas are more easily found than fire extinguishers;) http://www.outils-autonomie.fr/rocket-stove/

And at what level the vortex?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/06/16, 14:44

Yes, you're right, but the fire extinguishers used in public places perish quickly enough and are thrown away ... Anyway, the main problem is that it is not possible to recover in a dump (before it was possible, because I knew one of them was a practicing alcoholic and, with a few bottles of pastis, some got him close his eyes when he raised his elbow, but he is now retired ... :frown: And the instructions seem to be increasingly strict).
I have old gas cylinders in stock, but the diameter is too large (too bad!) And, on the other hand, I have a professional "channel" to get fire extinguishers. and following the best practices...
The vortex, as far as I can tell at this stage, will start from the bottom of the "riser": it is initiated by the spiral entry, then maintained by a supply of tertiary air whose flow will be oriented tangentially *. The novelty (if I am not mistaken!) Being that the air supply will be at the center of the vortex and not, as is the case when this supply is present, by the periphery: I hope to take advantage of the central depression to better inject.

* I benefit from previous reflections on the burners with a friend who built and on the difficulty to drill holes at an angle; Which led me to another solution ... 8)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/06/16, 14:48

Pozzolan? And why not a calotte with clay-based mortar with straw to recover the heat of the chimney, and it would approach a mass stove (ahahah, who sees me coming with my big hooves) : Cheesy:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/06/16, 14:58

It is above all for me to observe the behavior of this type of stove that I do not know and to test a few ideas that come to me by looking at what others have done: Other purposes very precise at the moment ... The mass stove is not the immediate use that I hope (cooking for the summer, maybe a adaptation oven? ... and / or adaptation biochar? ), But later, it would be to consider, why not? : Wink:
The ease of construction makes it possible to consider, after validation, several stoves according to their particular use ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/06/16, 20:49

Certainly there are mass stoves with an associated "vegetable garden", and then why not with a Rocket st. with vortex: it should go wild : Cheesy: : Twisted:
► View Text
0 x