Biological control, a healthy garden without chemicals

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Biological control, a healthy garden without chemicals

by Christine » 12/06/08, 16:51

Post here your tips and tricks to do without chemicals using this technique

This technique is based on the exploitation of the antagonistic relationships that exist between the different living organisms. To protect crops from pests, their natural enemies are used. These will take care of eliminating the pests without the farmer needing to resort to chemical treatments.
source: http://www.inra.fr

For my part, I have just learned that to fight against the Colorado potato beetle, there are other means than the "picking" of the bugs and their destruction:

- putting flax plants between the potato plans would dissuade the beasts from coming to settle in your garden.
- Castor seeds would be fatal for them if they consume them: scatter them between your plants.
- The rotation of cultures prevents them from settling down permanently in a place.

I haven't tried it yet since - let's touch wood - we don't have one (yet? Image).
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 12/06/08, 17:20

the fight against the Colorado potato beetle is always long ...
we had an invasion in 40 and only disappeared in 44 : Mrgreen:
1 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 12/06/08, 17:24

Hello,
Already put on another post, but I put it back.
http://www.jardin-a-manger.com/travauxd ... onnage.htm
As for doriphores, 1st year where I really plant potatoes.
For all that is aphids can spray Marseille soap, non-aggressive to plants and prevents aphids from hanging.
and the ladybugs that come alone.

Otherwise any remaining plants attract these predators, which over time attract their own.:) ("we can be")
a + claude
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/08, 17:56

Other good link: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/girard.guil ... sectes.htm
found by our dear tigger!
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 12/06/08, 17:58

I know something flawless about the Colorado potato beetle ...
and scientifically tested ....
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

organic garden

by tigrou_838 » 13/06/08, 09:44

Hello,
like clasou,
I also use Marseille soap,
after having studied well why I had aphids on my roses, I realized that it was the ants which made a stock of food (aphids) under the leaves, so by spraying marseille soap mixed with water in a proportion of 1 to 10 on the stems, the ants could no longer go up to maintain their stock of food (aphids), and then the aphids changes color and this dries up.

to redo after each rain.

it's not scientist ca : Oops: , and I am not an agricultural engineer. : Mrgreen:

not bad also the site put by clasou.

tigrou :D
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

organic garden

by tigrou_838 » 13/06/08, 09:47

to come back to my message, i don't know if the word organic is well placed, marseille soap still has between 5 and 10% of petroleum-based product.

like the majority of beauty products for example.
but here I am off topic.

Not on the head

tigrou 8)
0 x
Christophe

Re: organic garden

by Christophe » 13/06/08, 09:53

tigrou_838 wrote:like the majority of beauty products for example. but here I am off topic.

For the others the proportion is generally the opposite: 95% of petroleum / chemical products :D

Even (especially?) Those who base their communication on "Nature" such as: Yves Groscaillou : Mrgreen:
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 13/06/08, 10:35

Hello,
Me the ideal would be to get rid of the ants.
Should I get the moles to believe that the ants are earthworms?
If not recently I use Indian nuts. And it is said that after the two washes or it is useful for washing, you can boil and filter them and it will give a kind of liquid soap.
Not tested either and maybe you know.
http://www.autarcies.com/Les-moyens/Fai ... ssive.html
As I heat up in the woods, I should be able to produce.
a + claude
0 x
Chrisboubou47
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Chrisboubou47 » 13/06/08, 11:29

we had heard of brown tobacco leaves to soak in water for a few days, then spray the liquid on the plates where the aphids were massing (to help a little ladybugs, the poor) we did not have real tobacco leaves so my companion took some of his cigarillos (without too many chemicals inside) only kept the leaves that rolled up the tobacco, soaked them, sprayed ... and presto, capout aphids ...

otherwise there is also nettle slurry but we find less and less nettles because with us the pits are regularly "cleaned" and mowed ...

if not my grandmother's grandmother says that putting some varieties of flowers (I remember more than I ask her) next to the vegetable plants causes aphids and other insects to go on these flowers rather than vegetables ...
0 x