Create a veranda with recycled glass?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Mae-thurine-04
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Create a veranda with recycled glass?

by Mae-thurine-04 » 03/03/22, 10:14

Hello, for a little while glass plates have been lying around in my garage and I don't know what to do with them, do you think it is possible to make a veranda with recycled glass? If you've done it before, do you have any advice before I get started? thank you in advance
0 x
Christophe

Re: Create a veranda with recycled glass?

by Christophe » 03/03/22, 11:36

It depends on the dimensions and is it double glazing because a veranda requires thermal insulation...

You have pictures ? Are the frames with it?

I'd rather recycle them in the greenhouse...that's what I did more than 10 years ago and it works wonderfully!

See: renovation-real-estate-works / renovation-of-a-greenhouse-with-corrugated-pvc-sheets-turned-opaque-t7461.html

before:

after:

0 x
Mae-thurine-04
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Mae-thurine-04 » 03/03/22, 11:58

Hello, really beautiful what you managed to do! I don't currently have any photos with me, but no, it's not double glazing, it seems to me that it's clear or extra-clear glazing, I'm not sure! It's true that I haven't thought about insulation and that might be a problem :// I'm only thinking about a project for now but maybe I should turn my veranda project into a greenhouse effectively! I'll think about all of this! Or else I may be able to paint it and make a covering or several wall coverings... Do you think it can be painted?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/03/22, 12:07

Of course it is painted on glass, it has even been an artistic technique for centuries! 8)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/03/22, 23:43

Christophe wrote:It depends on the dimensions and is it double glazing because a veranda requires thermal insulation...

You have pictures ? Are the frames with it?

I'd rather recycle them in the greenhouse...that's what I did more than 10 years ago and it works wonderfully!

See: renovation-real-estate-works / renovation-of-a-greenhouse-with-corrugated-pvc-sheets-turned-opaque-t7461.html

before:

after:

It's honestly so cool to see that! 8)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/03/22, 10:15

Beware of the use of simple glass on the veranda roof...The day you have a good shower of hail or heavy snowfall: DANGER
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...