Dog vomit! ...

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Dog vomit! ...

by Grelinette » 12/08/21, 14:46

Hello,

This poetic name designates a very curious living being.

We were surprised to discover this visitor who had come to spill over a pile of crushed oak and pine branches.

A search on the net has taught us very surprising things about this traveler of the gardens, in this case that it is a being long considered as a mushroom but which is not one, it is a single-celled slime mold.

Dog vomit has long been thought of as a fungus, but it's now known that it's actually a very different organism: a single-celled slime mold that lives in a colony. Slime molds make up a phylum within the kingdom of Protists, which includes all eukaryotes that are neither plants, animals, nor fungi. English speakers call slime molds, which are much easier to spell than slime molds!
Unlike fungi, which are immobile, the cells of dog vomit aggregate to form a mobile “plasmodium”. The plasmodia then moves like an amoeba, slowly sliding overnight to another location, consuming the debris on the ground as it moves forward. So every morning dog vomit is never quite where it was the day before, nor does it have the exact same shape.

It feeds on fungi and bacteria found in heaps of plants. He also gave the idea of ​​a film: The Blob!

It has the particularity of moving around to find its food. In accelerated it gives that:

We watched it for a few days, it's as exciting as it is sweet, but it fascinates curious children!

More details on this website : https://jardinierparesseux.com/2020/07/ ... -surprend/

Depending on the region and country, it has equally poetic names: Witch's Spit, Moon Poop, ... and the icing on the cake, it is edible and in some countries where it is eaten scrambled with eggs. Yum ! :P
Dog vomit (1) .jpg
Dog vomit (1) .jpg (291.08 KB) Viewed 9494 times
Dog vomit (2) .jpg
Dog vomit (2) .jpg (287.26 KB) Viewed 9494 times
Dog vomit (3) .jpg
Dog vomit (3) .jpg (267.82 KB) Viewed 9494 times

Here, I take this message to send an invitation: I am organizing a picnic in my garden, and it will be the opportunity to discover new flavors .... based on dog vomit! Free registration. : Cheesy:
2 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

Re: Dog vomit! ...

by Christophe » 12/08/21, 14:48

0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 12/08/21, 14:55

Christophe wrote:Uh it's a Blob you think ?

I think it's so curious that it must have been classified in several categories, blob, slide mold, ... in addition it can take very different looks and colors (and can be flavors too : Cheesy: ) which must have puzzled the scientists who observed it.

I'm sure that if we grew it in a box, it would sell like little ones as a "living companion", a bit like the late tamagotchis that were all the rage a few years ago.

Another idea to get rich! (if anyone is interested, I sell the idea for only 15% of the sales and provide the spores; I have some in reserve ... Image)

(addition: I am sure that over the days an emotional bond can be created with this original living being, and that we can even manage to communicate with him!
I'll try to adopt one! I will call him bloby .)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/08/21, 16:43

With often bright colors, I find the blob rather pleasant to look at! 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 12/08/21, 16:45

Super glamorous, the topic! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/08/21, 18:01

... don't stop at the title! :D
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 13/08/21, 12:50

Ahmed wrote:... don't stop at the title! :D

I hesitated for the title ... between Dog Vomit, Witch Spit or Moon Poop ! : Cheesy:
and I'm sure there are other pretty names to refer to this garden traveler.

In addition, I learn that the blob is capable of thinking and learning, without a brain!
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 15/08/21, 11:59

It is cultivated! :P :P :P

I'm going to get into blob breeding!
0 x