Weed around the pool

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
r2d2
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Weed around the pool

by r2d2 » 06/07/20, 11:07

Hi everybody

my pool is a 7x3 hull all around, there is a 15cm concrete slab, but between the edges of the pool and the slab, all around there is a space of about 3 cm, the pool has about ten 'years, and weeds grow between the pool and the concrete slab, I do not know what to put!
vinegar, salt, nothing makes it come back every time.
a colleague advised me of the expansive foam between shell and slab, doesn't that suck? , I hesitate. (risk for the hull?)
the concern is that a terrace is being built around, and as soon as it is finished, no way to do anything, since the wooden slats above will make any intervention inaccessible.

please
0 x
Energy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Weed around the pool

by Energy » 28/07/20, 10:05

Hello, it seems risky to me to put expansive moss ... why not grow your own flowers at this time? if there is space? or else butcher with concrete can be?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 28/07/20, 17:10

It is necessary to leave a little margin around .... an expansion joint with a little "veil" below?
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/07/20, 23:17

A black anti-regrowth geotextile.
0 x
Energy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Energy » 29/07/20, 10:56

it's true that black geotextile works well! I did not think about it...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/07/20, 13:41

nothing like blacking out the light to block photosynthesis,

no photosynthesis, no grass. And without the use of chemicals. Plastic can stay in place for a very long time if properly applied and not torn over time.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 30/07/20, 08:50

r2d2 wrote:the concern is that a terrace is being built around, and as soon as it is finished, no way to do anything, since the wooden slats above will make any intervention inaccessible.

please

Don't worry .... You will have to find a way to intervene .... Because sooner or later the grass will grow on the concrete under your wooden slats : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I have the case at home ... The wind, insects, birds bring dust and seeds which infiltrate between the blades and the vegetation grows ... : Mrgreen:

When it is not a little joker who throws a few seeds there from his personal culture fertilized by mistake .... : Mrgreen: "It grows like that" as they said in the song ... I will not explain the surprise on my return after two weeks of absence in June ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Energy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Energy » 10/08/20, 11:23

Remundo wrote:nothing like blacking out the light to block photosynthesis,

no photosynthesis, no grass. And without the use of chemicals. Plastic can stay in place for a very long time if properly applied and not torn over time.

After the problem it may be the use of a "plastic" which is not very ecological and which will deteriorate outside ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 10/08/20, 13:43

If it degrades, it is because it is biodegradable, and therefore ecological. : Wink:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/08/20, 10:56

energy wrote:
Remundo wrote:nothing like blacking out the light to block photosynthesis,

After the problem it may be the use of a "plastic" which is not very ecological and which will deteriorate outside ...

there are biodegradable plastics, which even mix with soil.
0 x