experimental heron fountain

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
econhote
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

experimental heron fountain

by econhote » 11/07/19, 14:08

Hello,

Has anyone ever tried to make an experimental heron fountain by coupling two fountains in parallel so that the top tank is common to them, as well as a bottom tank is 4 tanks if in 2 stages or 6 tanks on 3 floors, which brings me to the following question: what is the relationship between height and imbalance? On the internet we see videos on which the fact of going to two floors, the two tanks at the bottom being linked together, would lengthen the duration of the cycles. Relevant ? Explanation?

And is there a difference if the top tank is blocked or the bottom tank?

Do you think it is possible to add one or two other “exterior” tanks which would rebalance the fountain while leaving it primed or rather allowing it to be re-primed?

That makes a few questions but I / we are just asking to understand.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: experimental heron fountain

by oli 80 » 11/07/19, 18:08

Hello, here is a topic on the fountain of heron gardening / fountain-of-heron-t6805.html
in which other experiments have been mentioned, some have been more fruitful than others.

cordially
0 x
econhote
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by econhote » 11/07/19, 21:08

econhote wrote:

On the internet we see videos on which the fact of going to two floors, the two tanks at the bottom being linked together, would lengthen the duration of the cycles. Relevant ? Explanation?

And is there a difference if the top tank is blocked or the bottom tank?

Do you think it is possible to add one or two other “external” tanks which would rebalance the fountain while leaving it primed or rather allowing it to be re-primed?

That makes a few questions but I / we are just asking to understand.

Meanwhile I thought ...

First correction: make no mistake, a 2-stage assembly, 3 compartments would not work ... without a hidden pump!

For my part I wonder about such an assembly for an artistic, let's say, artistic goal, whose attempt here is to make turn a fan via the waterfall of the fountain on a mechanical wheel, and thus to establish a purely mechanical system.

Then is one configuration more efficient than another, theoretically I would say not. With gravity exerting greater pressure, it is normal for the system to become unbalanced.

We could not graft a "reservoir heron fountain", a Bis fountain to fill the first, but how to keep it primed other than manually ... Perhaps then it is necessary to drain compensated by the addition of water at the top but here too how to intervene ... (we assume that the fountain is of course at its maximum capacity, unless a smaller one would facilitate one of the preceding proposals).

Notice perhaps to those who master the lifting siphon.

PS: For the moderators, don't bother to answer, quites to delete it later I post this message by consulting the posts - for the moment it seems to me that the projects are more complicated there but I should educate myself.
0 x
econhote
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by econhote » 12/07/19, 00:29

I have read the existing subject already and see that I am not the only one to say silly things, but there are still interesting things to discover and explore such as the Coffee Jar and its valve ...

I got tangled in my brushes talking about gravity and pressure ...

atmospheric pressure, weight and speed and Archimedes' thrust to be reviewed ...

at the request of Econhote: discussion interrupted, he will create another more organized topic / Remundo for moderation
0 x