DIY Tip: How to Improve a Border Size

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Flytox

DIY Tip: How to Improve a Border Size

by Flytox » 04/08/17, 21:13

Cutting the edges is good, but when it is with the "rotofil" the consumption of wire quickly becomes problematic or even bulimic .....
The "other" solution is a kind of small plastic knife which is mounted in place of the spool of the roto-thread.
The trouble is that these knife dirt jams faster than their shadow (about 30 minutes), are made not to be disassembled / repaired easily (riveted without being blocked in rotation) ..... short c ' is no better / more durable than the rotofil solution. : Oops:

h3.jpg

The manufacturers of these devices have understood this opportunity to sell us these accessories me.des as expensive and fragile consumable with captive customers, .... finally the usual story, of course sold without vaseline ... : Evil:

h4.jpg

After retrieving an old ski boot from Emaus, I cut up pieces and cut new knives.

h5.jpg

They are in (rilsan?), It is really very resistant, about 2 times thicker than the original knives ... and it works at the hair ..... size as well ..... the battery lasts for as long ... For the lifetime, I only tried it for the time of a discharge (about 30 minutes) but after this test, they are still like new! : Mrgreen:

h8.jpg

h7.jpg

I'll keep you posted. : Mrgreen:
2 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: DIY Tip: How to Improve a Border Size

by oli 80 » 05/08/17, 00:06

I know that somebody I know had picked up the blades of small vegetable knives whose wooden sleeves were broken, and fitted them on the head of the cut edge but the fine metal ended up deform

later he had used the cheapest laminated steel linen often sold in boots, or when changing the brake cables of bicycles, we gave the old to this gentleman, but this one was fraying, this clothesline can be found in bazaar stores without mentioning the signs

but it seems that the clothesline was more resistant to the trimming cut but for the linen one could not say as much

cordially
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/08/17, 23:31

For the motorcycle cable (diameter 3 mm?) I already tried on my mower to simulate the mulching tool, it vanished in (less than 5 minutes?). Fortunately I did not take him in the feet when he left !!! I never found it !!! On the other hand, by replacing it with the largest plastic roto-thread that I could find (of square section), it "held" (without locking) about a mowing of 1h30? Very good result for a few minutes, then when the plastic wire becomes too short it no longer works. : Wink: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 08/08/17, 19:59

Hello, I had already seen the tool to mulcher in the small catalogs vanadium trucks that passed
It 's a shame that these trucks do not pass as often, it' s better that the lamettes are plastic, because the person I know who had used the blades of the small vegetable knives on his cut edge, one of them barred and was found planted in the wooden fence between
he and his neighbor, luckily nobody was in the garden and like it can fly away, it could have robbed 2 or 3 gardens further and hurt somebody

may be small, non - sharp, non - sharpened metal strips may do the trick

cordially
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/08/17, 21:27

may be small, non - sharp, non - sharpened metal strips may do the trick

This is the principle of agricultural rotary mowers: they are never sharpened, but changed when they have too much wear. It is the velocity that causes the cut, so it remains to be seen if the speed of the trimmer is sufficient and, on the other hand, if these small blades are not dangerous, but not sharp?
View this drawing...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 08/08/17, 22:00

Re, it 's vai that I have never done this kind of tinkering, but wait for the continuation of the tests of flytox with its border cut
with its plastic blade (rilsan), but as we say all the ideas are good to take

it would be necessary to have thin metallic lamellae which can even be flexible, kind of notepad notebooks, because if the metal is bigger it weighs and risks to use the motor of the border cut, these slides can be cut in can cans for example

in short what remains of DIY
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tricks: How to Improve a Border Size

by Ahmed » 08/08/17, 23:07

It would be preferable for them to be flexible and thin, since a low inertia would greatly reduce the dangerousness of the use.
Once the shape and the nature of the steel are determined, it would be possible to use a dedicated cookie cutter to make on request ... 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 09/08/17, 22:20

: 4: Hello, it is true that this kind of pieces could be manufactured once we take the piece, it seems to me that was discussed in this other topic of flytox Gardening / DIY stuff de-improve-a-mower-a-grass-t11877.html

to make the mulching tool, they also sold to the truck this type of heads for brushcutters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3fAmU7efck

but I do not see a system like that on a cut edge
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 15/12/17, 18:54

Hello, here's a tip all simple and even less expensive for cutting edge

and as a cutting edge

0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 18/09/19, 18:50

Good evening, here is a gadget found on the net https://www.eurotops.fr/coupe-bordure-piles-42022.html

and at the same time I dig up the subject
0 x