She was called Karmin

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

She was called Karmin

by Macro » 07/01/15, 10:04

Karmin..Trouvée morte hier ... For two years this charming frog had taken up residence in a basin of 2000litres about or finish my rain water ... Ditted this pond is 300 as a bird's eye from the first point d The natural water between the water and the basin is two walls (one 3m high) ... I called it Karmin as a tribute to Kermitt and because it had been lost At this point (just like my GPS Garmin) .. Only plausible explanation on his arrival, my son who had brought fishing a carp that had put in the basin while waiting to give it to my father, maybe had brought back some Eggs on its hoard ... On the night of 30 a 31 the surface of the pool froze I broke the thin layer of ice 31 in the morning, but as karmin had already spent a winter (that said the basin did Not frozen last winter) I thought it had to hide somewhere (I would take a ph Oto of its environment there is a big tank with flower laid beside the basin under which she could hide) ....
Why this post ???

And well just to take preventive measures in case there would come another..What to do so she has a reliable shelter ??? Even if she started Mamita by dipping into the basin each time she spread her clothes, this charming creature made sport to the cat of the neighbor (who took several baths while trying to chopper) and had to make her meals Of mosquito larvae that had to say completely disappeared since it was there ... It was a frog with the back dark green its body made a can close 6 cm of long .... Must I look if Ca is found she died of old age ...

I just learned about the net on the species of my region ... it was probably a common frog (either a hybrid of lessona and laughing) or one of the two original species..So normally she should have lived More than 2 years ...
I must try to find his body at the bottom of the basin ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by tigrou_838 » 07/01/15, 11:47

Greeting to you, and condolence for your little frog.

I also have a small pool of more or less 800litres or finishes my rainwater, and I also have a frog that has to find shelter under the plants around the basin, and the river and has 500metres of the, with a road to cross.

To prevent the water from freezing over the entire surface, I have a small pump that runs a net of water 30cms high.

with temperatures up to minus 11 degrees in recent days, and 5 good centimeters of ice on the basin, there was always a hole in the 10 ice / 15cms of diam, that's where the cat will drink.

I do not know if it is still there, I will see that in the spring may be.

A+

tigrou
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/01/15, 11:56

RIP Karmin!

Dead frogs I have a shovel in my garden, being adjoining a stream ... necessarily ...

The worst is the eyes or wells lost without outputs in the lower part and where they can fall and not come out ... sniff ...

I also "mowed" one one day a big one ... yuck sorry for her! : Cry:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 07/01/15, 18:42

The photo of her environment ... She was well housed my little critter ...
2000litres of fleet for her alone ..

And the photo of Karmin's remains ...

I had underestimated it measured from the tip of the muzzle to the crotch 10cm ... No wonder she made big ploufs this summer ... She had to swallow mosquitoes ... or she had passed a E year more incognito ....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Flytox

by Flytox » 07/01/15, 22:26

It's cute while full ...

But there is that, cute all full too ....

on the same territory, against the fence at - 20 m from the house.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/01/15, 10:02

Surprising this attention to a beast whose French are supposed to be big eaters of their thighs!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/01/15, 10:13

I'm like that ... I do not have a pet, but I respect and promote as much as possible the life of the creatures that evolve around me from the moment they are not dangerous or devastating ... Karmin actually had beautiful thighs ... I'm not a fan, but I've already eaten ...

And then frankly it made me laugh ... It had been a long time that I tried to draw the portrait to her but it was very clever ... And very sporty ... I had even decided not to clean the basin so much That it would be the (I made it a faith a year) and I limited my water samples in the watering can (whereas before I did it to the pump to give water to my father for his kitchen garden ) ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/01/15, 17:23

Your frog had become more important than water for your father's vegetable garden!?!

: Shock:

: Cheesy:

Bah, she was lucky with you and she did not even know ...! : Lol:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 08/01/15, 17:29

PS: To see its surroundings, it is perhaps hidden elsewhere hibernating? It does not look very difficult to go out and these batrachians can jump high!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/01/15, 08:13

Obamot wrote:PS: To see its surroundings, it is perhaps hidden elsewhere hibernating? It does not look very difficult to go out and these batrachians can jump high!

HEY ho Obamot ... The photo of her I put is that of her corpse that I have replicated in the bottom of the basin ...

She's out Karmin ...
0 x