SOS FICUS

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
laure06
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

SOS FICUS

by laure06 » 13/05/14, 19:21

Hello everyone !

Sorry, another post on a ficus lol.

I water my ficus about once a week. It is south facing a bay window, but still protected from the shelves. It is not next to a radiator .. I repotted it about a year ago and I even put small sticks of fertilizer.

It loses all its leaves, it continues to make small leaves but they also fall before they even reach their "adult" size. As we can see in the photo it looks like they are drying up, the leaves are curling up .... I don't understand what is happening to him

Have you ever seen this?

I take any advice / advice!

Thank you! : Cry:
0 x
laure06
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by laure06 » 13/05/14, 19:27

no trace of mealybugs .. c weird enough ..

why do they curl these sheets ?? especially since I saw that the leaves that yellowing ca can be an excess of water ..

In short your lights are welcome :)
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: SOS FICUS

by sen-no-sen » 13/05/14, 22:06

laure06 wrote:Hello everyone !

I water my ficus about once a week. It is south facing a bay window, but still protected from the shelves. It is not next to a radiator ..

The ficus benjamina usually grows in the jungle of South Asia, so it does not like too much light or drafts as it usually takes care of the rest of the vegetation.
In addition, this type of tree likes moist air, so do not hesitate to spray water on the leaves.
Do you think to replace the earth on the surface of the pot?
Scrape the ground to see if there were "intruders"?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 14/05/14, 11:13

Too much water, too much fertilizer forgotten a little it will be better for him!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/05/14, 11:27

After years of struggle, I just lost mine, this time definitely I think ... chemical fertilizer sticks have not changed anything at all.

It started like you: yellow leaves, then less and less leaves ...

Finally, it's a real mess to keep fit a ficus!

ps: use our image host if you want to recover. Thank you.
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 14/05/14, 15:53

I found mine in the trash he goes well thank you.Excess fertilizer and water can very easily shoot a plant lack it must be forgotten for a long time. This year with a more regular heating the plants are better.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/05/14, 19:09

No!

One of the most fast-food plants!

To test: cut dead branches shorter and shorter. Either, at a given moment, there is milky white sap (= latex) and you still have it alive, or there are more and it is dead ...

If no latex to the bone, you throw!

If latex: you size all the branches until alive, you put in the light and warm (outside as soon as it will be hot) and you wait ... From time to time a throw of jet ... Do not drown . Just keep a little moist. No cup. And being patient, normally, one day, you will see shoots coming out on the side of the trunk ...

I have mumatiiaté so some, bonsai that I forgot, great that I recovered in the room of my son who had not watered for months ... All still alive!

They usually die from 2 things, often combined:

a) not enough light

b) too much water

The "not enough light" makes it lose leaves (or changes of places too).

So panic in the cottage: “there is a lack of water!”, “There is a lack of fertilizer!” ... So I put water, I put fertilizer, which kills him since he does not has more leaves and has just stopped growing!

Do not put fertilizer on a plant that is suffering! No crop management = no need for nutrients. Fertilizer is not a medicine! It is a nutrient, which exists in the soil or the soil; it becomes impoverished when the plant is growing strongly; there, we must compensate. And only there!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/05/14, 19:12

Oh, I forgot: indeed, the heating, he may not like the air very dry.

In addition, a "certain fall" of leaf is normal ... There is a "renewal" ... So old ones inward fall, new ones grow at the end of the branches ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/05/14, 19:15

Can you describe the humidity of your support?

If you dig a little below the surface, at half height of the pot, you take a handful of soil, you compress very hard:

a) it stays dry?

b) this is wet, forms a ball, but there is no water flowing?

c) there is water flowing?
0 x
laure06
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by laure06 » 14/05/14, 20:32

It is true that every year he lost his leaves at this time, but it still lasts long enough and above all, in previous years, young people were replacing the leaves that fell!

This year, even the young shoots fall before they reach adulthood. :( that's what worries me!

Regarding the support, something quite surprising is that when I water I find that the water arrives very very quickly in the cup (I must also be careful that it does not overflow ... in short) .. so well that I wonder if he has time to "drink" .. and the surface ends up dry very quickly ..

Would there be a problem of land? but I heard that it was bad to potted a plant that suffers ... Is it cramped? I looked if the roots came out below but no .. In short I do not know!

It's annoying me !!!! my Georgette is dying and I do not like this: '(

To answer your question Did67 .. I could not do too much ball lol look:

in any case it was very dry ..
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"