Fight against the Asian hornet in our gardens

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

Fight against the Asian hornet in our gardens

by Christophe » 20/02/12, 16:20

A DISTRIBUTION TO ELIMINATE THE ASIAN HORNET

Is it possible to communicate this message to all members paths and forest paths or other knowledge networks. I did some research on the net about the Asian hornet. We are in the most affected region of France and it is worsening year by year. By studying the life cycle of this hornet, we realize that we can act individually against this scourge. Indeed, nests built in the year are emptied of their inhabitants in winter because all the workers and males do not spend the winter and die. Only queens and young queens are camouflaged in hollow trees, under piles of leaves, holes in walls, etc ... for running out in February and start feeding. It was at this moment that we can act with snares in our gardens or our balconies to catch these future founders of nests: 1 2 queen = 000 3 000 to individuals To manufacture these traps, simply retrieve bottles mineral water in plastic, cut the upper third of the back in the bottom, then pour inside 10 centimeters of a mixture of brown beer, white wine (to repel bees), and syrup Cassis. Just leave these traps in place from mid February to late April, after that date the future queens will begin to reproduce. I enclose 2 sheets to illustrate my point. Thank you for reading and your traps !!!! friendly

Attachments :

The cycle of the Asian Hornet

Make a trap Hornets
0 x
micdhi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by micdhi » 20/02/12, 21:50

Good evening
trap founding is not an effective solution, and you can remove the word in your title eradicate because it will not happen.
when founding new out of their diapause all want to start a nest but it is easier to take than the one that is a little ahead of the construction of its nest, and there battle to death, simply the see the ground, with minimum dead founder,
if your trap you kill one who has a nest, it is automatically filled by a replacement, and there are ten times more than the founding nest.
all leading experts will tell you the same thing.

the founder (as well as the hornets) do not eat bees, they are interested in recovering, the muscular "motor" part of the wing, the most nutritious part of the thorax, full of protein, but to give it to its first larvae, about twenty.
the gaster pétiolé among Hymenoptera does not allow the passage of large pieces. The food is essentially liquid, only a founder as a job, build a nest, so being near the water ....
So for his first larvae, she fed with proteins so she especially looks for proteins, more larvae spit rich secretion in carbohydrates that helps feed the colony day of bad weather, the queen, and later future founding and male.

The more larvae in the colony and the protein requirement will be. but after the release of first births queen no longer leaves the nest, she relies on her daughters.
there are no selective traps, the European Vespa crabro is trapped too, and more often than vespa velutina, Germany vespa crabro is protected .....
short unless your apiary and very attacked must trap, but the working velutina rigor it will prefer the bee in your trap and crabro the opposite.
look at this article:
http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2012/01 ... onnel.html
cordially
0 x
"life has more imagination than our dreams carry" christophe COLOMB
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 21/02/12, 07:33

micdhi wrote:Good evening
trap founding is not an effective solution, and you can remove the word in your title eradicate
http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2012/01 ... onnel.html

Thank you for the reference article. If I understand correctly, the solution is simply to let natural predators (like magpies) when they become accustomed to the new prey.
0 x
micdhi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by micdhi » 21/02/12, 13:45

Cuicui wrote:If I understand correctly, the solution is simply to let natural predators (like magpies) when they become accustomed to the new prey.

Hello
Yes
"Subsequently, the predation organizes itself and we observe that the predators attack the young nests in the spring".
do not forget that the war between the parent looking for a ready-made nest (the size of an orange) is a struggle to the death, and in any case the fact remains that.
and a destroyed nest (later) with insecticides should be removed and burned it goes without saying.
on my side I regret that destroy insect killers late in the morning a nest (ten o'clock) while many are already out and there they can be dangerous when they return.
The Asian hornet is not clear night (unlike the European hornet Vespa crabro is active at night). For the destruction we must act early in the morning before the temperature warms workers or when night fell .......
for my part also after observation, I found that this hornet is not on, on the flight down, and it is better on the flight up, which would mean that existing traps are not consistent with his abilities, should have a low entry, rather than at the top (and tapered as the current but reversed).
cordially

Published by the former oceanic 21 / 02 / 2012 - 19: 24: Fixed BBCode Quote
0 x
"life has more imagination than our dreams carry" christophe COLOMB
Hornet Toulouse
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Fight against the Asian hornet in our gardens

by Hornet Toulouse » 15/04/14, 15:11

Christophe wrote:for running out in February and start feeding. It was at this moment that we can act with snares in our gardens or our balconies to catch these future founders of nests: 1 2 queen = 000 3 000 to individuals

The problem is that it would have everyone act together too. People have short memories.

In February they have already forgotten the problems of last summer.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 16/05/14, 10:45

Big blemish this morning. There is a nest of hornets at home, in a tree. It is installed inside a big branch, at 4 / 5 meters high! : Shock:

I put my camera on a pole and I did a photo (with timer)

Although they are yellow, they are very local hornets, "Made in France", what :D .

They are digging inside the branch. I think I'll end up receiving the branch on the mug along with the contents of the nest! : Shock: : Lol:

The opening of the nest is a hole 2cm.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 16/05/14, 10:47

I wonder what is the volume of the nest. The branch may be widely excavated and can break at any time. P .....! : Shock:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 16/05/14, 17:18

I will try to destroy the nest myself with the insecticide "Special wasps and hornets":

I have had this problem and I called the fire department. They came during the day when all the bugs were out and, surprise, they swung a drain oil jerry can on the nest. This is not a joke, alas! : Shock: It was infested with hundreds of hyper aggressive wasps for several hours. : Evil:

I'll soak a cloth insecticide attached to the end of a rod, a mason by rule 2,5 m, itself fixed on an adjustable scale:

I'll wait for night to act when all hornets are inside the nest.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/05/14, 17:39

And surround by night (loosely) the tree with gauze and wait for the exit?

There are some days, a guy threw me the jitters: 4 Piqueres enough to send you to St. Peter
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 16/05/14, 17:57

elephant wrote:And surround by night (loosely) the tree with gauze and wait for the exit?

There are some days, a guy threw me the jitters: 4 Piqueres enough to send you to St. Peter

Surrounding the tree, OK, but it does 15 meters high! : Lol:

The best solution is to plug the "flight hole" (that's how we say among beekeepers) at night, with a swab soaked in insecticide. It's radical.
0 x