Biodiversity, the disappearance of insects

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
Christophe

Biodiversity, the disappearance of insects

by Christophe » 13/02/19, 13:25

The insects disappear at high speed according to a synthesis of several studies ... and the phenomenon is global so, a priori, not related to the use of certain pesticides ...

The reasons are not even mentioned in this article which is satisfied with statements about the disappearance but without explanation of the causes:

Massive disappearance of insects: "The scale is catastrophic"

https://www.rtbf.be/info/dossier/la-pre ... d=10143888

Their proof, which is heavy scientifically, is that there are fewer insects on the breezes! :| : Shock:

However, since 20 years, I always read that the warming would increase the populations of insects by the only thermal effect ...

What are the reasons for this disappearance?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Biodiversity, the disappearance of insects

by Janic » 13/02/19, 13:34

Their proof, which is heavy scientifically, is that there are fewer insects on the breezes!
there are many young drivers who have never seen a windshield spotted by crushed insects, especially small butterflies. Personally, it's been years since I no longer have to clean my windshield after riding during the day, like at night . It must also be said that there are not many trees along the roads, but at the forest passes, it's the same thing.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/02/19, 13:44

Christophe wrote:What are the reasons for this disappearance?

The same reason as for all other forms of life: the invasion of natural areas by technology. Biosphere VS technosphere.
Urbanization galloping, use of pesticides and disrupters of all kinds, deforestation, drying wetlands, we unfortunately know the recipe.

I would be very curious to wait for the response of "biocido-skeptics" (sorry neologism) to explain that all this is in no way attributable to industrial activity! : Lol:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 13/02/19, 19:19

Hopeless Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/02/19, 00:26

sen-no-sen wrote:The same reason as for all other forms of life: the invasion of natural areas by technology. Biosphere VS technosphere.
Urbanization galloping, use of pesticides and disrupters of all kinds, deforestation, drying wetlands, we unfortunately know the recipe.

I'm not really convinced of those reasons ...

a) there is still a lot of non-urban areas ... we are far from the planet mentioned ...
b) 20 years ago we used as much to see more pesticides ...
c) the forest progresses (in France at least)
d) there have been some floods in recent years ...

I wonder if the insects would not be sensitive to electromagnetic waves on the other hand: because since 20 years, the waves explode (GSM then mobile internet ...)

Should find some studies ...
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 14/02/19, 04:21

It's probably glyphosate ...

It can only be glyphosate ... And Monsanto ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 14/02/19, 07:54

It's probably glyphosate ...

It can only be glyphosate ... And Monsanto ...
finally, someone who recognizes him! : Cheesy:

Christophe
you know the resistance tests of materials, in particular to elongation where some elongate, elongate, and then suddenly give way. In nature and given its complexity, the deterioration of it is also slow and this is only seen very little ... until the rupture where everything shatters at the same time. Our life is very short and certain phenomena take decades to be visible without however understanding this slow progression which has led from cause to effect. And like cancers, there are multiple causes that add up (or worse multiply, for the end result that more and more humans, animals, plants, under technological pressure end up giving up too . (150.000 cancer deaths per year in France! And that does not worry anyone) "They would not all die, but all were affected"animals sick with the plague of La Fontaine.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 14/02/19, 08:25

Another track:
- in a national park every fresh cow dung is covered with flies, then butterflies when it starts to dry, then beetles when it is dry. It is the normal functioning of nature.
- in an agricultural zone: some flies, rare butterflies and no beetles
- on the droppings: nothing
From the thought that:
- the cow who only eats grass does not kill the insects,
- the cow stuffed with antibiotics kills butterflies and beetles,
- that the junk food of the doggie makes everything die ....
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 14/02/19, 09:05

From the thought that:
- the cow who only eats grass does not kill the insects,
- the cow stuffed with antibiotics kills butterflies and beetles,
- that the junk food of the doggie makes everything die ....
the disappearance of insects is only one of the apparent epiphenomena as if there was no connection between different things.
A cow does not kill insects voluntarily, even by absorbing them in the middle of the grass.
the force-fed cow of antibiotics kills, indirectly, the humans in whom the consumption of animals with antibiotics renders ineffective the human taking in case of need, which can lead to death.
As for the doggie, its food is only the dump what the human refuses to absorb, since you must not lose anything in the industry and continue to make butter ... yuck then say insects! :?
1 x

Back to "humanitarian disasters, natural, climatic and industrial"