French 1 2 feels about being poor! And you?

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.

And you? What is your personal social situation, would you say you are ...?

The poll expired on 10 / 09 / 15, 17: 04

Not poor and not in the process of becoming.
43%
Becoming poor.
29%
Relatively poor.
no votes
Poor.
14%
Do not know.
14%

Total votes: 7
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

French 1 2 feels about being poor! And you?

by Obamot » 15/12/12, 15:59

You did not know it? Neither do I!

1 French on 2 "Feels himself to be poor (or in the process of becoming so)"!

And you?

Also tell why ...?

CSA survey, commissioned by "Les Echos" wrote:Asked about their "Personal social situation",
11% of French people today consider themselves poor and
37% think they are becoming one.

It is not a question here of testing a feeling of downgrading, or a process of pauperization, but a diagnosis of one's social state, current or anticipated.

51% of French people, on the other hand, consider that they are neither poor nor in a position to become poor, so there is an almost equal division on the subject.

As expected, managers and liberal professions feel more sheltered (3% see themselves poor and 17% in the process of becoming so) than manual workers (12% and 39%) and especially than employees (12% and 48%). Self-employed workers are not spared: 19% see themselves as poor and 39% think they are becoming so.

The feeling of poverty is also as high among 18-24 year olds (14%) as among 25-34 year olds (15%), and equally high among students (17%). However, if the youngest relatively rarely consider themselves to be becoming poor (15%), this is much more the case among their immediate elders (34% among 24-35 year olds), who perceive that the provisional is fades, and their situation is lastingly difficult.

There is also a strong correlation between the level of education and the feeling of poverty, current or anticipated. To a lesser extent, the proportion of women who say they are poor or in the process of becoming poor (49%) is slightly higher than that of men (45%).

Jérôme SAINTE-MARIE, Director of the Opinion - Corporate Department

Source: CSA Survey, commissioned by "Les Echos":
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager3/1355583462yrBEnN.pdf

Source of the link (which will surely disappear):
http://www.csa-fr.com/multimedia/data/s ... ancais.pdf
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 15/12/12, 17:21

poor US! :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/12/12, 20:53

1 French on 2 is envious and wants to spend more ...

1 French on 2 would have done better to be born in Africa ...

1 French on 2 should open the eyes or turn the shit he has before ...

1 French on 2 does not know what true poverty ...

After saying that 1 French on 2 has already felt easier, it is not the same and I + 1 absolutely!

Yes, there is a pauperization of the lower and middle classes ... to the benefit of the wealthiest (and there is roughly as much wealth created on earth everyday)
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 15/12/12, 21:37

On wiki:
In France, INSEE also calculates, in addition to the threshold at 60%, a relative threshold corresponding to half the median income.
In France, in 2010, for a single person, the relative poverty line is 803 euros (threshold at 50%) or 964 euros (threshold at 60%). For a couple with two children under the age of 14, the threshold is 1 687 euros (threshold 50%) or 2 024 euros (threshold 60%) 5.
In France 6, 4,216 million people (7,1% of the population) live below the relative poverty line of 50% in 2006, and 7,862 million people (13,2% of the population) live below the poverty line of 60% . This number rises to 13,4% of the population (8 million) in 20077.

It does not hurt, poor people ...

And someone who touches 1200 to 1400 €, who already has to pay for his house hlm, 3000 € rental tax, and 450 € gas invoice for the 2 last months, does not see the future joyfully, it seems to me ?
While he could feel "good" 10 years ago.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/12/12, 08:20

When I was a kid, in winter the cold crystallized the mist of breaths on the windows of our rooms, the temperature of the main rooms did not exceed 17 / 18, the toilet was made with a hot pot, There was no TV, no car, no internet, no laptop, we were 7 on a small salary and no one complained. Today we want 23 ° in every room, daily baths, TV, laptops, computing a lot and not having them is considered an index of poverty. So it is not poverty that is in question, but the desires of possession have changed.
The illusion has been, and still remains, to make the serfs believe that they could think themselves to be petty bourgeois!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/12/12, 10:47

Janic wrote:When I was a kid, in winter the cold crystallized the mist of breaths on the windows of our rooms, the temperature of the main rooms did not exceed 17 / 18, the toilet was made with a hot pot, There was no TV, no car, no internet, no laptop, we were 7 on a small salary and no one complained. Today we want 23 ° in every room, daily baths, TV, laptops, computing a lot and not having them is considered an index of poverty. So it is not poverty that is in question, but the desires of possession have changed.
The illusion has been, and still remains, to make the serfs believe that they could think themselves to be petty bourgeois!

Well said !

No we do not want: we were imposed on him in the name of sacrosanct consumption and GDP of his mother! There is a big nuance!

It reminds me of an image I saw a few days ago:

"I heat myself more, I do the trash, I go on vacation no longer, thanks to the crisis I have become green ..."
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 16/12/12, 15:02

Uh Janic, there you extrapopol!

Temperature 17, 18 °, only quick showers, an internet connection to save on the phone (so no paying cellphone) + internet (on an old bouzin) which allows you to learn, avoid unnecessary trips, and compensate for the "need "weekend and summer vacation departures, regular car from 1996.
Live life !
But when taxes, food continues to climb contrary to income, there is room for pessimism ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/12/12, 15:20

Broad topic !!!!

Poverty is not misery.

I aspire to a certain poverty - not to misery, suffering, lack of care, the street ...

At the same time, it is difficult. I'm lucky that the latest Apple imachin doesn't make me want more than that, even if I'm "blown away" by the design ... And that I like it ...

Unfortunately, I think that we think that we exist by what we poddedon and not by what we are. Advertising and media, and even social reports ("Oh, did you see ..." and pulling out the latest imachin like Ségéla takes out his Rolex) ...

Yes, there are many people whose basic needs are no longer met.

And there are 5 times more who are just frustrated. AND who still haven't understood that "consumerism" is an addiction. The more you have, the more you need, always faster, barely you have that already you no longer enjoy ... And there, the economy has no solution. It takes a psychiatrist to understand why so much void to fill with so much jumble ...

Allow me to quote Coluche: "When I think that it would be enough for people not to buy so that it does not sell anymore!" ...
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 16/12/12, 15:32

I admit to feeling rather favored because I work hard to have enough money to:
- housing (and improving my accommodation)
- raise my 2 kids
- helping my wife on her farm

I have sorted in my drinks and I sometimes have cravings that I repress.

My greatest wealth: My children playing with hay maids in our fields.

Conclusion: + 1 with the majority of you regarding consumerism.
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/12/12, 17:08

What emerges from the CSA survey is that people are not poor.

They "feel" poor or in the process of becoming so. This is not the same. At least not 88% of the population. While it seems that one person in two is poor!

The truth is that many people, by a very natural pride, dare not admit that they are in trouble!

And they are not happy with what they have, before being unhappy about what they do not have (it's still not the Congo ...).

But I sincerely believe that the crisis affects us much more than the authorities want to say.

Whatever one may say, the restaurants of the heart are there to testify to the situation.

And it seems that England, nevertheless ultra-liberal country par excellence (even when Labor is in power ...) is one of the worst! Like what liberalism has failed since the Tatcher era. Shame on economists.
0 x

Back to "humanitarian disasters, natural, climatic and industrial"