Canadian provencal water well with vmc

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Canadian provencal water well with vmc

by netshaman » 09/08/10, 01:15

Here is the idea:

- Use a high capacity finned radiator, like truck cooling system radiator.
- Bury this one at 2 meters deep in hollow hole in the ground.
- Arrange the radiator on a bed of very fine sand of sufficient thickness.
- Cover it completely with the same sand and compact it so that it penetrates well between the fins in order to have an optimal thermal conductivity.
- connect a hose of sufficient length.
- cover with earth.
- connect the other end of the tube to a watertight box containing another smaller finned radiator, this box being inside the house.
- Fill the water set.
- Connect to the box the air inlet of the vmc.

A circulator turns the water in the circuit, this one takes the heat / the cold in the ground and dissipates it in the box, the air sucks by the vmc warms / cools passing in the radiator and is sent in the House.

Is my conception good, is there something missing?
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 09/08/10, 08:23

Hi, I would say it's good apart from an air vent can be.

the idea is interesting, compact but once the calories taken near the radia, it will become inefficient.

it is said that the heat wave moves it from 30 cm per month into the ground.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 10/08/10, 08:31

Indeed, it would be totally ineffective for lack of traffic ... the best heat transfer fluid is water in motion ...
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 10/08/10, 11:05

oiseautempete wrote:Indeed, it would be totally ineffective for lack of traffic ... the best heat transfer fluid is water in motion ...

I do not understand what you mean since the water in the circuit is always moving: there is a circulator.
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 10/08/10, 13:00

antoinet111 wrote:Hi, I would say it's good apart from an air vent can be.

the idea is interesting, compact but once the calories taken near the radia, it will become inefficient.

it is said that the heat wave moves it from 30 cm per month into the ground.

After how long will the calories be entirely absobed?
It's a matter of hours?

Is there not a risk of a kind of pumping effect at the cold point that would initiate a transfer of heat from the warm to the cold?
I suppose that naturally the heat surrounding the cold point created by the radiator migrates towards it to restore a thermal equilibrium which has been broken.
But this is only a guess on my part because I know nothing about thermodynamics.
But logically it would dervrait to do so because the nature hates the imbalances.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 10/08/10, 13:16

netshaman wrote:
oiseautempete wrote:Indeed, it would be totally ineffective for lack of traffic ... the best heat transfer fluid is water in motion ...

I do not understand what you mean since the water in the circuit is always moving: there is a circulator.

I do not speak about the water of the circuit ...
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 10/08/10, 16:15

But what are you talking about?
Water from a river?
:?:
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 10/08/10, 16:44

He talks about the thermal wave in the basement.

Let's say that you drew the calories near the radia, once taken, how do you do?
(I think that's pretty much the meaning of his message)

:D
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/08/10, 23:11

Fun your dialogues, because the heat does not wave but diffuse and it is very very different and not just words!
Full of errors and misunderstandings are due to this confusion !!

A wave at a speed of propagation, like the waves, the sound or the light and travels a distance proportional to the time, like a bike or a car! !!

The heat diffuses like ink in a blotter from a source, like a pen pen !!
Molecules in diffusion move in all directions as much in one direction as in the opposite direction, by a walk at random, and therefore it is very slow !!
The diffusion distance believes as the square root of time !!
or the time to reach a place believes like the square of the distance !!!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouvement_brownien
quantitative solutions all in time on (distance) squared :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conduction_thermique

Thus, the time for the heat to spread in the earth or through an insulator or any body, is proportional to the square of this thickness !!

If in the earth, the heat or the cold puts about 1 day to occupy the volume with 20cm around the radiator, to occupy a thickness 10 times greater, is 2m, it will have the square 10x10 = 100 days and after 2 times more is 200 days it will have penetrated only 2xraccarré (2) = 2,8m !!

Thus the radiator as a Canadian well can not provide as cold or heat (summer or winter), on 100 days as the volume of heat or cold available on the volume of one to three meters radiator 1 m2, a few m3 earth.

In a day, we have only 20cm, 0,2m3 approximately, for a radiator 1m2, very insufficient for a day and a house, at best a few hours.

For this reason it is necessary to bury full of such radiators (or pipes) in a volume of earth containing the heat or the cold which one will need, for the necessary time, arranging them with 50cm or 1m at most of the others !!
If undersized, the land can no longer supply, and the Canadian well becomes perfectly useless !!

For a summer day, it takes a few m3, but for a winter (200days), and for a house, it takes hundreds of m3, rather 500 to 1000m3, close to an Olympic pool.
It takes at least 1000m2 of ground with buried pipes between 3 and 4m of depth with hoses or radiators to 0,5 or 1 m of each other !!
We can take 250m2, with the land between 3 and 7m deep !!
If you can drill deep, you need a weaker but deeper surface.

Ask Christophe with his pseudo pool 70m3 in the basement, which is not enough at all, even heated to 70 ° C in summer!

It is an order of magnitude that can not be reduced much, on an ordinary house.

If the house is hyperinsulated, we need all the less that it consumes less.
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 11/08/10, 00:02

So my system will only work for the summer, which will not pose too much problem because the more time will spend it will be cold in the ground.
At a certain temperature in the house, we can stop its operation.
For winter it will drain the system, or use the same diffuser but connects to the solar panel to heat the incoming air.
In this regard, the most effective in performance is to connect the solar panel live (after heating the balloon) or use the water of the balloon after it has been heated?
It would have 2 functions available with the same system.
I see it more clearly.
0 x