Recovery of an air conditioner exchanger

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Sunflower
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Recovery of an air conditioner exchanger

by Sunflower » 15/07/10, 16:47

Hello everyone!
Once again I address you ... I recepére veila some time an air conditioning exchanger of a size of 1800 x 300 x ep 100mm which was powered by fridge gas certainly CFC seen the age.
I would like to refresh a cellar where it finds the well to water the garden. I would like to add a bypass to my installation and circulate some of the fresh water in the exchanger.
I just wonder if I am not going to pollute my water while passing in the exchanger and recover there I do not know what toxic deposits. Can someone tell me if after a good rinse I can calmly water my tomatoes ... and later eat them safely?
Thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/07/10, 17:23

Uh, a small diagram would be welcome because your idea is a bit vague. Do you want to air conditioning with water used to water your tomatoes? So an "open" circuit?

Otherwise to reassure you with us we use an equivalent system for DHW and which has been working for 25 years (I presume that they are recovery exchangers also) ... and a priori it does not pose any problem (we use it ourselves since 2007) ...

See more photos here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/energie-so ... t4517.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/07/10, 21:02

don't worry about the gas: it leaves without a trace

on the other hand, the compressor oil gets around a bit throughout the circuit and leaves an odd odor: a good rinse with petrol or another solvent will get rid of it easily
0 x
Sunflower
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Sunflower » 18/07/10, 20:46

Bonsoir
Ok well I'll try that, I would water the flowers first ... just to be sure that there are as few traces as possible.
I enclose a simplified diagram of my installation (sorry for the quality).
Good night
0 x