Heat pump in sequential mode?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Heat pump in sequential mode?

by Christophe » 08/04/10, 17:46

Modern circulators are variable speed / power and therefore (if the thermal study and assembly have been done well) well optimized to save electricity, which is not the case with old circulators.

Indeed, there are still many "1st generation" circulator in operation (starting with us :) ), I would probably say close to 99% of the market, hence my question: do you think it would be interesting to run the heating circulator only X% of the room thermostat set time? That is to say to take more or less long "pauses" when the thermostat is on "on".

Indeed; if the stopping of the circulator is not too long (to be adjusted according to the inertia of your heating devices, the most "inertial" being the heated floors) it must be completely imperceptible to the inhabitants.

The only downside to this (maybe a false good) idea: greater variation in T ° on the circuit, no more starting a boiler (pollution, wear, etc.) and the return to the boiler risks being below of the manufacturer's instruction ... but this does not pose any problem in "low temperature" installations or in installations fitted with a 3 or 4-way valve.

A simple mechanical or digital programmer for less than 15 € would do this.

So FBI or not? : Cheesy:

ps: to read on the same subject https://www.econologie.com/optimisation- ... -3396.html with a more "pro" proposed solution.
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 08/04/10, 20:58

I tend to say FBI.
-By sequencing the circulator, the demand time is extended because the water no longer arrives
-If the circulator is stopped and the boiler is in full heating, close to shutdown (like 70 °), the calories remain in the boiler, get blocked by the chimney and the boiler can overheat (it is a cooling at the water : Cheesy: so she may appreciate rather average average : Cry: )
-To avoid this there is a delay, first stop the boiler, then the circulator (2 to 10min, depending on the power / water capacity of the boiler)

So, ahma, what will be gained on one side will be lost on the other
0 x
Sometimes it is better to stop, reflect, and ask the right questions ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/04/10, 21:05

Personally, I put a timer which stops the circulator 15 minutes after the burner.

So:

no risk of letting the water overheat in the boiler
at night the circulator runs maybe an hour or two instead of 8.

let's not talk about modulating: my owner is tight-fisted and my boiler would make more than one of you scream with laughter : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be