Okofen annual boiler maintenance

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Okofen annual boiler maintenance

by Pear Belle Helene » 24/01/10, 10:41

Hello everybody

I received the Okofen newspaper at the start of the year : Mrgreen: and it was noted that now the annual maintenance of the boiler (boilers in general = Decree n ° 2009-649 of June 9, 2009 art 1) is compulsory

So I had my heating engineer do this deep cleaning of my boiler. He came on Friday, and stayed three hours. He took everything apart from the "volcano", sucked in from everywhere, swept the duct (three times nothing he said) there was on the other hand a lot of dust in the pipe which is vertical and which comes out of the boiler to go to the driven (there he told zhom to do it two or three times a year himself).

In short everything is fine for us. There was just a little bit of ...... damn I'm looking for the name sorry : Mrgreen: like a piece of black and gray coal (cock maybe?) but very crumbly so he said it was not a concern.
At the ash level, no unburned pellets (we saw that when zhom emptied the ashtray)
On the consumption side, there is a little less than half of the silo, I think we had been delivered in March or April (I have to look at my invoice) so I think we can finish the winter in another delivery.

On the heating side it works very well, it is even the reverse of our old fuel boiler, namely that the colder it is the warmer it is at home : Mrgreen: I think she likes very cold this boiler.

I do not yet have the invoice for this interview.

And you ???? Did you do it ??? I imagine Did did it himself : Mrgreen:

Good Sunday. Kisses Poire belle Hélène
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Did67

by Did67 » 24/01/10, 15:48

No! Too busy with work. With me, it's a little more complicated with the condenser!

I did do. Around 250 € to pay ...
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 24/01/10, 19:54

Oops I think I will not like the bill then : Mrgreen: : Shock:
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Did67

by Did67 » 26/01/10, 09:24

I paid little less on my oil boiler! From memory, around 200/210 €

This is roughly the price of an hour for a craftsman + travel. look at the rates at your garage (around € 65 per hour billed). At home, it was also 3 good hours on site + travel (it counts in the hours paid to the employee) ...
0 x
kitikoi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

okofen boiler maintenance

by kitikoi » 25/08/10, 15:27

Hello everyone,

I am cleaning my okofen boiler, I sucked everything up (volcano, hearth, etc.) but I would have liked to clean the tubes of the heating body (the tubes where there are the springs). I know that the springs are there to clean up, but while I was doing it, I wanted to dust everything off. and there is my problem : Mrgreen: did someone successfully remove the springs? I did not dare to push the dismantling of my boiler ...

Thank you in advance for the answers!

Seb
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 30/08/10, 21:37

Hi,
Without disassembling, you can pass a brush with large handle such as a bottle washer or test tube rinse (large).
One more blow of the blow, it works.
There was a bit of lamb's lettuce under the plate of the hearth and some fine cracks around the edge .... to follow?

Kind regards.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
kitikoi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kitikoi » 30/08/10, 23:28

Hi,

Thank you for the answer!

indeed, the post went unanswered, I resolved to look for some kind of big swab. I found some in a bazaar, on the other hand this one is only half the height, which obliges to do it from the top and the bottom ... not practical. By chance I went to the "leroy" chimney section, and I found next to the hedgehogs a large swab whose rod is almost a meter ... hard to bring it back on a motorbike, but it will soon be mine : Cheesy:
Anyway, and even if it is not on the okofen notice, I find that it is worth it to clean the tubing, I recovered a lot of dust ...
By cons, I asked okofen the question, and still no answer ... wait and see, lol.
0 x
kitikoi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kitikoi » 02/09/10, 15:18

okofen just answered me about cleaning the pipes:

"Hello,
As indicated in the manufacturers' documentation, I confirm that it is generally neither necessary nor useful to clean the interior surfaces of the boiler exchanger. These surfaces are regularly scraped automatically in order to keep them clean and maintain optimum performance. A weak coat is normal; it also reformed fairly quickly after automatic maintenance.

But in the event that a large deposit (several millimeters) is present, it is likely that another fault exists and this is then the responsibility of the after-sales service in your region. You can find these contact details on our website.

I also inform you that since last year, the regulations require that the interview be carried out by an approved professional (decree of 15 Sept 2009).

Best regards"

In short, even for the purpose of guaranteeing the boiler, it is better to stick to the swab which already seems sufficient!
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 04/09/10, 14:13

Hello,

A little swab of not too hard hair can not hurt ...
As for the regulations, the installer having shown me how to proceed, I will continue to do so.
Except once every 5 years, mandatory review he told me.

Kind regards.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
kitikoi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kitikoi » 04/09/10, 16:02

Hello,

It is clear that I would also proceed in the same way: cleaning by myself every year, and revision by the installer every 5 years for the purpose of guarantee and sustainability of the boiler. Pay 150 € when it is very simple to do ... even okofen in one of its newsletter said that a large number of customers cleaned their own boiler, because it was simple.

There’s a good business going on around this
: Cheesy:

Seb
0 x