Who tried heating by heating tape?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
wol
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Who tried heating by heating tape?

by wol » 20/07/09, 17:20

Hello,
We want to live in an old house in the countryside and we have been heating with wood for 17 years, but tired by maintenance we are looking for another way. A priori for ecological and well-being reasons we do not envisage electric heating. But we were told about a heating strip system that we stick to the walls and that operate at very low voltage and are it seems very economical and very pleasant (thermiband) We would like to have feedback from people who have equipped themselves with this system . Thank you very much for your answer
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/09, 17:30

Are these heated walls?

I had heard about heated paints some time ago but I don't know where it is now ... there were some "standards" problems.

In any case, even if it's low voltage AC must be the "joy" on the EM wave side ... because a joule is a joule ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/07/09, 17:41

If it works in alternative, actually: nice generator of snoring in the audio material.

And in addition, if it is at very low voltage, it must make nice big currents, fire generators if everything is not perfect. In addition it is the kind of material which should be the subject of transformers with 2 windings separated by a wall, so that there is not a high potential compared to the ground if one drives a nail there or it should not.

A priori, the idea does not inspire me.

Basically, if you are ready to evolve: how is your insulation?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
wol
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

still heating strip ????

by wol » 20/07/09, 20:36

Thank you for your comments ... You who seem to know you well, you could go to their site and tell me if it confirms your reluctance, because I do not understand your answers but they are rather disuasive ... but as this system seemed very practical (possibility of doing it solar market) I would like your opinion of expert knowingly ... A thousand THANKS !!!!
Chaud-dedans.fr
thermiband.com

our alternative would be a hydro granular peole, but we would have to equip ourselves with a radiator ... so much more complicated as an installation ... but since we don't want to live in a house full of waves everywhere ... BRIEF THANKS ....
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 20/07/09, 20:49

Solar? With photovoltaic electricity? It would be caviar given to pigs !!! : Shock:
The best would be thermal solar panels and heat with them.
The yield will be much better!
Why always want to heat houses with solar electricity. It is really time to get rid of electric heating ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: another heating strip ????

by Woodcutter » 22/07/09, 12:47

wol wrote:Thank you for your comments ... You who seem to know you well, you could go to their site and tell me if it confirms your reluctance, because I do not understand your answers but they are rather disuasive ... but as this system seemed very practical (possibility of doing it solar market) I would like your opinion of expert knowingly ... A thousand THANKS !!!!
Chaud-dedans.fr
thermiband.com

our alternative would be a hydro granular peole, but we would have to equip ourselves with a radiator ... so much more complicated as an installation ... but since we don't want to live in a house full of waves everywhere ... BRIEF THANKS ....
From what we see on the sites, it remains radiant electric heating, but in addition a part goes into the wall, which implies losses if we put it on the exterior walls, or on an interior wall that has a connection with the outside (through the attic or the roof). On a completely insulated internal wall it could be fine.

Power 95 W per meter: this means that if you want to replace your stove (with logs I suppose) which must be roughly 8 to 10 kW, you need to provide 80 to 100 m of strips ... : Shock:
Where to install them and at what cost?
(and for solar power, you can just dream about it, I think ... 8) )

In this type of reflection, I think that we must first deal with the insulation, and then even for a pellet stove, if you want automation.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/09, 13:10

It looks like the False Good Green Idea these heated walls ...

We bought a radiating panel of 400W on 60 by 60cm ... to "see" ...

Frankly it radiates and does not heat masses ... a 400W heater in halogen tube heats "better" ... for 10 times cheaper to purchase!
0 x
wol
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

heating bands

by wol » 22/07/09, 13:56

Thank you everyone for your advice ... it doesn't seem to be the solution so ... YES of course the insulation is the first step, that's what we are doing. ..with wood wool panels ... If you decide on a hydro pellet stove, and the installation of radiators do you have any advice on which radiators? old cast iron are probably the best, right?
Many thanks and BRAVO for this site ... very responsive
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/09, 13:59

Well the choice of a radiator depends mainly on the "look" you want and whether you are in low T ° or not ... because in terms of thermal performance: you have all the possibilities ... whatever the type of radiator!

It therefore depends on the return temperature on your boiler. With a hydro wood stove, you should definitely not go down too much ...
0 x
wol
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by wol » 22/07/09, 18:22

well there will be no boiler it is a stove with hydro granular without the need for a boiler ... The look we don't care a bit, maybe it works well and diffuses a pleasant heat .... so what radiators? THANK YOU !!!! And do you think that with the pipes that are screwed and not welded, we can do this installation without a plumber?
0 x