Using the UW port on okofen boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Using the UW port on okofen boiler

by dirk pitt » 02/03/09, 14:07

at the request of did67, I make a little topo for those who would like to wire the heating circulator on the port UW of the boiler rather that it is controlled by the regulation.

little explanation of why:
the reflection came after concerns about more or less pronounced oscillations depending on the installations, mainly after the periods of reduced when the circuit is cold and particularly if it has a large inertia (heated floor, many large radiators). I recall the facts:
BE CAREFUL, this is not the same problem as the close stops / departures of the burner. here the burner operates during the whole phase of the oscillations.

small explanatory graph:

when the boiler is on standby, the moment comes when its temperature drops below the lower limit and the burner restarts. Unfortunately, the regulation is made in such a way that it is also this same temperature which is the lower limit for closing the V3V.

-the latter therefore closes to prevent the cold return of the radiators to go even further to cool the boiler.
- during this time, the boiler starts its small fire of pellets and raises its internal temperature.
-when it goes back above the threshold, the V3V reopens.
-the cold water therefore arrives in the boiler, the temperature of which drops below the threshold, hence the closing of the V3V, etc.

as the V3V is slow, the oscillation has a large amplitude in temperature.

the idea is to control the circulator which is much faster to start and to stop, hence better reactivity and suppression of oscillations.

with the regulation, you cannot control the circulator, it turns even during the closing phases of the V3V, hence the use of the boiler's UW port.

after....
0 x
Click my signature
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 03/03/09, 10:45

So here is how to move the control of the heating circulator from the regul to the UW port:

first turn off the boiler and remove the cover

1-the cable coming from the circulator has 3 wires (phase / neutral / earth)
the phase is connected to the P2 connector terminal 4 of the regul
the neutral and the earth are connected to two strips on the right of the plate
in the photos, the wires are not present since your servant has already made the change. on the neutral and earth bars, to know which wire belongs to the circulator, it suffices to locate those which come from the same 3-wire cable as said phase.

then you just have to rewire these 3 wires on the plug (removable) of the UW port on the right side of the PLC. in the order please: N = neutral, PE = earth, 13 = phase

and that's all,

continued for configuration ...
0 x

Click my signature
Did67

Re: use of the UW port on an okofen boiler

by Did67 » 10/03/09, 13:01

dirk pitt wrote:.... at the request of did67 ...

So Did67, he says:

1) Indeed, I should get there with that!

2) I almost missed the message after 8 days of absence, it had come out of the "last messages" .... Currently, Okofen is losing momentum on the forum...

3) I am not ungrateful and I say thank you !!!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/02/10, 11:03

dirk pitt wrote:
in the order please: N = neutral, PE = earth, 13 = phase ...

It is quite clear on your images, but for the boeotians we will still specify that on an electrical installation to standards:

neutral = blue (always)
earth = green and yellow (always)
phase = brown (often on cables) or any other color than the two above ... (often red in sockets; other colors if "switched" - after a switch - black, pink, orange ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/02/10, 11:07

Yes for the color if it is standards ...

But sometimes we have devices that are not because they are too old or imported from a country that does not yet respect them.

On old houses it’s different too. It seems to me that there was red and that the phase is blue!

So take your voltmeters anyway!
For current cables: http://www.volta-electricite.info/artic ... g=fr&pg=35
et http://www.volta-electricite.info/artic ... g=fr&pg=36

I will ask the webmaster of Volta if he has information on the old standards (which must also depend on the country!)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 08/02/10, 12:37

Worse, at certain times (luckily obviously it was short) the earth was red so be careful.
More common is the phase which is sometimes in yellow (60s installations), not to be confused with the green / yellow of the earth.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/02/10, 12:51

Yes voila I knew there was red!

Response by email from the webmaster of http://www.volta-electricite.info/ :

Formerly each craftsman had his own dominance for colors, it really changed when there were standards.

That is to say if it was a mess from one house to another ... Surely a way to build customer loyalty! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 08/02/10, 13:09

The pretty pear : Mrgreen: will not touch its boiler but I read you and I read the post on the Okofen and frankly bravo boys you are pros.

Kisses ...
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Did67

by Did67 » 08/02/10, 14:08

Pear Belle Helene wrote:The pretty pear: mrgreen: will not touch its boiler ...

And parity then ???? Is it reserved for ballot boxes?
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 08/02/10, 17:20

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: Not at all Didier but even if I follow this thread with great interest I admit that I hover a little / bcp.

And then for the moment mine is working well, I have no problem with a heated floor and in the morning the house is at 18 ° when I arrive from work at 8 am so it's good.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene