Insulation of a "Phoenix" type house, help!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
ATYLA
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Insulation of a "Phoenix" type house, help!

by ATYLA » 03/09/08, 18:15

Bonjour à tous : Cheesy:

For my first subject, I start ...

I just bought a "Phoenix" type house from 1975 ... And despite a satisfactory DPE for a 115 m2 house on one level ... I have serious doubts about the insulation!

I just sold my "Norman" type house ... With traditional rock wool / Placo insulation ...

But for once, I would like to insulate my house "econologically" ...

Knowing that the wall of the "phoenix" pavilions are built with concrete slabs on a metal frame and plasterboard / polystyrene insulation (symbolic!) ...

After investigation, I have 3 solutions left:

Outside insulation : Not very green in its implementation ... The former owner made it "home" on the North-East gable ...

For this solution, apart from a Douglas fir or larch siding and an extruded polystyre type insulation, I do not see myself doing the work ... I would call on a "pro" with a tax credit to boot!

It doesn't mean anything to me, because it largely encroaches on my total budget ...

Insufflation of cellulose wadding in the void between concrete and plaster ... But if I block the air, risk of condensation isn't it?

This solution, moreover, sympathetic seems risky, because I risk doing worse than better!?!

Interior insulation : I especially do not want to bother .... der with placo and rock wool / glass ... Not only is the routing a real hassle ... But, ecologically, I want a new alternative. ..Knowing that I don't want to lose too much living space!

As I know about ecological isolation like a sheep from Oeussant knows about computers ... I call on you!

Thank you for your answers!!!
0 x
"Let the dream devour your life ... So that life does not devour your dream ..."
(Henri SALVADOR-1979-Emilie Jolie)

Vent'ose, wind association
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 04/09/08, 10:33

hello, for the exterior insulation, you have the "green wall" (use the search engine), very pretty cheap and efficient, I have chosen this solution for my east wall (the north one will see a simple hedge wind cutter).

you insulate your roof? do you have roof space?
0 x
ATYLA
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ATYLA » 04/09/08, 11:19

Hi Jonule (the same as on olio?)

So, I thought of the green wall on a trellis with sphagnum ... But, I also considered putting bamboo plans, it grows like quackgrass and it looks easier to implement. ..

In the attic ... The roof is not insulated ... But glass wool has been placed on the ground ... It does not look too bad ... But I thought to add a thickness of Cellulose Wadding ...

I am also looking for a supplier in the Havre region ... (not a thief : Cheesy: )

In fact, I only plan to stay for a maximum of 5 years in this house, because I risk being transferred ... So I want to do the minimum of work for a maximum result in insulation ...

Positive point, I have a veranda of 30 M2, which heats my living room (living room, dining room) ...

I cogitate ... :?
0 x
"Let the dream devour your life ... So that life does not devour your dream ..."

jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 04/09/08, 11:28

OK!
a not insulated roof is 30% loss ...

at home I just put a bale of straw on the ceiling of the attic, while waiting to place it correctly in a wooden underlay: 35 cm of insulation!
you can walk on it, nickel. if rodents annoy you (not my case) you can sprinkle lime.

it is the cheaper ! quick to do, easy.

you want pictures? -)
0 x
ATYLA
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ATYLA » 04/09/08, 11:35

With pleasure the photos : Lol:

I am a neighbor of a farmer ... The problem is that he does not make "boots" ... but only "roundballers" ...

For the roof, I will think about it seriously ...

Thank you ...

I cogitate even more! :|
0 x

Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/09/08, 15:34

ATYLA wrote:[...] For the roof, I will think about it seriously ... [...]
It is indeed the first thing to think about!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
ATYLA
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ATYLA » 05/09/08, 17:26

Well, I just explored my attic ... As I said above, it is glass wool placed on the ceiling.
The former owner has put a floor in order to be able to access "pedestly" to the whole frame (in wood).
I inspected, the glass wool looks recent, not dusty ... But on the other hand, there are places that have been forgotten ...

Questions:

: Arrow: Can I make the supplement with Cellulose Wadding?

I think so ... But if there is a lamba reason for not doing it, I prefer to be au jus : Lol:

: Arrow: What can I do more roof level, knowing that I do not intend to develop the attic ...

I'm still looking for wall insulation ... : Idea:

I think of thin insulation like recyclable bubble wrap-aluminum (???) which is very expensive, but I would only need 16 M2 ... :?:

I cogitate again and again ... :|

My little country "brico-mâchin" did not know this insulation ... However, it was listed in store ... But the price :?

Merki to all for your "eco-friendly help"

Alan
0 x

Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/09/08, 17:59

ATYLA wrote:[...]
Questions:

: Arrow: Can I make the supplement with Cellulose Wadding?

I think so ... But if there is a lamba reason for not doing it, I prefer to be au jus : Lol:
Personally and professionally, I will never do it!
You are going to mix two insulators which do not have the same impact on human health at all, which do not react at all in the same way to the presence of humidity in the air, which do not have the same at all phase-shifting characteristics that do not have the same durability over time or the same resistance to fire, pests and small mammals ...
Conclusion: your LdV will perhaps last another 15 years, maximum 20 and after EVERYTHING will have to be changed ... Where is the point?

In a case like this, you remove ALL the LdV, you vacuum well and you put loose cotton wool on 30 cm.

ATYLA wrote:[...]: arrow: What can I do more roof level, knowing that I do not intend to develop the attic ...
Once you have correctly insulated the "top" level of the house (30 cm) there is nothing more to do in the roof.

ATYLA wrote:[...] I am still looking for wall insulation ... : Idea:

I think of thin insulation like recyclable bubble wrap-aluminum (???) which is very expensive, but I would only need 16 M2 ... :?:
This type of "insulator" developed for space vehicles at the start, is only effective on one of the ways of losing energy: radiation in the IR ...
For all the other aspects of what we ask for a house insulation (which is neither a space shuttle, nor a caravan ...) it does not work. And the ecological balance is disastrous!
To forget urgently, therefore.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
ATYLA
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ATYLA » 05/09/08, 18:08

Indeed, I had equipped my old VW motorhome with the first generation of thin insulation ... Well, in winter, after a surf session, it was always better than outside ... Then with my little girlfriend from the we knew how to warm up ... : Lol:

Uh, I'm telling my life there ... Sorry ...

So oh Bucheron, what do you advise me ... Because there, I despair ...

Green insulating level, on the walls, here in Upper Normandy ... Suppliers do not rush ...

And the only one I found is a charlantant who lies as he breathes ... and gives me quotes from psychopaths : Shock:

I have just 16 M2 of walls on the North and North-East side to insulate before winter!

Merki, again merki ...
0 x

minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 05/09/08, 21:04

If you left on cellulose, you can try the same thing outside, closed with a wooden rain barrier panel and in front of a siding or put straw bales, with a lime coating on top ... It depends also the final exterior appearance you want ...
0 x