Thermography, thermographic control

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Thermography, thermographic control

by Christophe » 26/02/07, 18:54

In recent years, with the evolution of computer technologies, equipment before reserved for the military or large companies has appeared for the "little ones" that we are.

The control Thermography video part I think. Here is a small article which shows the technology:

Community of Communes Country Herbiers (Vendée) due to the loss of energy a major issue in its sustainable development approach
For eight months the Herbiers Countries Community of Municipalities of financial assistance to individuals who wish to install in their homes, facilities using renewable energy. It is thus not less than 250 which were granted for. With this success, the countryside around Les Herbiers and Mauges team sponsored (in the 19 21 February) a benefit of thermography in five public buildings. His goal: realizing an entertaining and dynamic energy loss and the importance of a good insulation system.
The Community of communes has also set up a neutral Area Info and Free Energy on energy savings and renewable energy.

Source: http://www.pro-environnement.com/blogs/ ... e,703.html

2 small examples:

Guess which house is secluded between 2:

Guess where are placed the radiators and hot water which comes upstairs on this one:
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 11 / 09, 11: 49, 3 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/03/07, 11:02

You can make lower cost tests with this type of device:

https://www.econologie.com/shop/thermome ... p-132.html

Another concrete example:
http://www.econologique.info/index.php/ ... -d-energie
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 11 / 09, 11: 45, 1 edited once.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 21/03/07, 14:06

Former Oceano, showed us that the City of Marseilles allowed on a site to see the aerial thermal imprint of his home.
In this example insulation improvements, are more easily exploitable.
---
If you are not a soldier bringing its thermal sight on leave, hard to get a thermal camera at home.
Christine may be able to answer? Is there a filter for camera for the same thing? Or a sensitive film as infrared, available in the retail trade.
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 21/03/07, 17:09

Hello,

If I recall my courses (there is a very long time !!) CCD imagers are sensitive to more than to visible light infrared.
So do the test with your favorite camera (by transferring the IR filter if any have one) or with your webcam (horrible word)

Bonne manipulation

Obelix
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/03/07, 17:43

gegyx wrote:If you are not a soldier bringing its thermal sight on leave, hard to get a thermal camera at home.

The 1st prices for thermal "cameras" are 5500 € (excluding VAT of course) ... so still far from being accessible ...

This model for example: http://www.flir.fr/images/photos/60.JPG

It "cools" a little ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/03/07, 17:55

Many examples of what Thermography can do on this site: http://www.deltacontrole.be/index.html
0 x
HOUPERT
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Thermography in the West

by HOUPERT » 04/10/07, 09:03

Another site on thermography here: http://www.arkitekto.net/P5.htm#TG
This is an architecture studio and independent EcoExpertise Angers (49)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/10/07, 19:50

Bonjour à tous

In a factory, I saw a service provider who came once a year to "check" the machines, electrical cabinets etc ... with his camera.

Comparing with the thermal image from the year before
he said he was able to predict a number of failures. (Sort circuit, contactors, transformers, relays overheated etc..ou even see some errors in the wiring (son undersized))

It was detected that the radiator aluminum used in large power thyristor cooling was incorrectly fitted. (Indeed practically tight on one side). 8)

For a Pantonization it would be quite interesting to see how the heat transfers are done "in" the various pipes when you accelerate, where are the "leaks" of calories, the hottest points etc ... sure that we would have surprises. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 05/10/07, 01:26

Flytox wrote:Bonjour à tous

In a factory, I saw a service provider who came once a year to "check" the machines, electrical cabinets etc ... with his camera.

Comparing with the thermal image from the year before
he said he was able to predict a number of failures. (Sort circuit, contactors, transformers, relays overheated etc..ou even see some errors in the wiring (son undersized))

It was detected that the radiator aluminum used in large power thyristor cooling was incorrectly fitted. (Indeed practically tight on one side). 8)

For a Pantonization it would be quite interesting to see how the heat transfers are done "in" the various pipes when you accelerate, where are the "leaks" of calories, the hottest points etc ... sure that we would have surprises. : Mrgreen:

A+

Hello
In factories were this instrument to detect bad Connextions electric, we go all the high voltage circuit
if there is a clearance of heat is that the contacts or connections are DEFECTIVE or leaks to the insulation on the high voltage.
There is also a little simpler instrument, indicating the temperature laser pointer that can be used notament on running machines to detect the temperaturedes bearing or parts that rub or electric (carcassedes transformer winding ect ..,
These instruments are in the industry for the years 90
For homes, a simple way is that the snow melts on the roof it very poorly insulated (snow passes all winter on a roof)

Looks like the old gray-haired: This is not becaufe there is snow on the roof there is more fire in the fireplace ..

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/07, 15:43

gegyx wrote:Christine may be able to answer? Is there a filter for camera for the same thing? Or a sensitive film as infrared, available in the retail trade.

It would be a great product for the econological shop! Malheureusment I highly doubt that it exists ... to capture in the IR requires a specific IR cell ... we can not guess the IR with visible ... (unless it is very hot red iron style :D )

The digital photo AP - thermal diagnostic cameras currently cost a price 1er 5500 € HT ... ... : Mrgreen:

http://www.flir.fr/images/photos/60.JPG

I don't have a "light" version yet ... style without instant viewer ...

I think that the technology between an IR and visible cell is not so "distant" ... it is above all a question of demand ... in terms of quantity manufactured, there must be a ratio close to 1 million between 2 ...
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."