Solar thermal and heat pump

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
handromede
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Solar thermal and heat pump

by handromede » 26/09/06, 15:17

hello all I'm new to the site : Mrgreen: here I have just installed 14 meters of solar panels to couple to a heat pump air water of viessman with balloon of 850 liters I already had solar hot water for 2 years and as it works well I thus made install the heating some has he already installed this equipment if yes thank you to answer me for your opinion :P
0 x
the earth made there blunder there is aq one
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/10/06, 23:23

Hi there, Handromede, and welcome to these forums.

Personally, I haven't tested either of these techs. If I reply to this thread, it is only to give it a little "UP".

: Cheesy:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 05/10/06, 23:33

Hi this is a subject that interests me and precisely I wanted to have information on this technology.
How can we operate a heat pump by solar energy?
What voltage does the solar panels provide?
Does the heat pump use a conventional refrigeration unit, or is it an absorption machine?
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/10/06, 09:06

I assume that the solar panels are connected on the evaporator side of the heat pump in winter mode

it should not be funny to adjust: you must limit the temperature of the panel circuit to 35 ° C with a large volume buffer bottle or have 2 independent circuits + water reserve

surely a gas plant for heating + hot water
it is necessary to balance the production of the heat pump with the solar production by comparators and in fact, in the absence of sun the heat pump is OUT unless we add an air exchanger in addition!

All this is of interest only if you want to produce water at 60 ° C for a radiator network : Cry: that you can only operate when there is sunshine :?:

What makes the strength of a heat pump is to use free and renewable fluids (air or well water) to make thermodynamic exchanges

if you use solar panels, it is no longer free at the price of m² of panels around 600 € / m² purchase price !!

the return on such an investment is downright negative !!!

do you have a diagram of your installation?

Now, if your equipment is an absorption system, it is in this case to do air conditioning (principle of camper gas gas fridges) and there, hat, we are barely starting to install it

the more the sun, the more air conditioning you have, it's great

Unless I didn't understand anything and the heat pump is there in addition to heating?

EXPRESS YOU AS THE DEVIL :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 06/10/06, 10:09

Hello,

You didn't understand anything !!
The heat pump replaces the panels when there is no sun!
So solar heating with an air-water cap.
Uh the cap in question raises the outlet water temperature to 60 ° C !!

See you!!
Obelix
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/10/06, 10:50

you only have to express yourself better 8)

and inside, what are you emitting with? radiators, fan coils, underfloor heating?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 06/10/06, 14:07

pitmix, these are not photovoltaic solar panels, they are thermal solar panels: as if you left a bottle of water in a black car: even in the sun, it gets hot!

http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/solaire/panneau_solaire01.jpg
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/solaire/panneau_solaire02.jpg
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/solaire/panneau_solaire03.jpg

you can build them yourself for cheap:
so it is not necessarily 600 € / m², except for sores, otherwise nobody will use the power of the sun god who allows us to exist! right captaine ?! ;-)
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 06/10/06, 14:14

for the air-water heat pump, my sister had this principle installed, aerothermal energy (tax credit) in the southern regions it's worth it, otherwise as soon as the outdoor T ° C drops below 5 ° c it is the heat pump which consumes electricity ... the balance is then maintained with a ... chimney! incredibly simple, right?
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/10/06, 20:27

jonule wrote:you can build them yourself for cheap:
so it is not necessarily 600 € / m², except for sores, otherwise nobody will use the power of the sun god who allows us to exist! right captaine ?! ;-)

Not expensive, not expensive, must see, especially with double glazing; it is true that there is less labor, and we will not make the vacuum models ourselves ...

Anyway, if I go solar, it will be with homemade :D
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/10/06, 20:34

uh. your thermosyphon scheme is not good. the pipes are reversed, and the expansion tank may be lower since it appears to be closed.
0 x