Heat pump: need for reasoning, possible idea or not....

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Heat pump: need for reasoning, possible idea or not....

by phil59 » 02/06/22, 13:29

I have a heat pump, that's it, but bought in OCCAZ, which has also been replaced by another, OCCAZ too.

An electronic card (or several) a priori is broken on the one no longer turning .... There are 3 in total, and I had even taken the same outdoor group, and complete set, with small buffer tank .. .. 40 €, it seems to me, broken down, a card also HS.
By trying all the permutations of cards, between the 2 groups, it doesn't work either, other error messages (I don't have much in mind, it's a bit old).
But the first installation is still in place, just 2 pipes to reconnect to the heating system.

I want to come, by, why not redo a whole electronic management with arduino, see 2 if necessary, when you see the prices of these "bidules".

So having a completely redone "home-made" control system, where you could put your feet up without worrying about troubleshooting.

Namely, that even the installed and functional pump is not currently sufficient.

I am well aware that it will be necessary to add sensors, specific to the arduino, and even to double them, to put a security....

All existing sensors are not necessarily compatible, I suppose with the arduino ....

I suppose it will be necessary to make adjustments, it may not be impeccable for a few weeks.

Above all, I don't turn off the gas boiler, because for me, these pumps don't perform well below 5°, and at 0, probably counterproductive.

I also have the hydro wood stove, 8.5 kW for air, and 7.5 for water... (roughly speaking, that's the idea of ​​power).

Everything "talks" with a 500L buffer tank, probably too small for the house, but that's another story.

So, even without controlling the valves, it works, with losses, but I have a few solenoid valves, which I control remotely, not enough to optimize everything.

Not yet mount the raspberry that would be the conductor of all this...

To come back to the management of the heat pump, does that seem feasible to you?
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Heat pump: need for reasoning, possible idea or not....

by Obamot » 02/06/22, 19:28

The first trick might be to contact the controller manufacturer (and not the brand of the pump).

He may tell you how to do a stupid “reset”
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 02/06/22, 19:46

"Reprogramming" to "zero" was redone at the time. Not sure if it's a reset, but it looks a lot like it.

The idea is still to drive everything differently.

When I think about it, in fact, as far as I know, there is only one "220V" cable that goes from the indoor unit to the outdoor.

There is indeed a management part on the exterior unit, and another on the interior.

But by managing only the outside first, it should do it, I think.
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/06/22, 21:24

Here, a discussion on this subject (perhaps you have already read it?):

https://forums.framboise314.fr/viewtopic.php?t=1543
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 02/06/22, 23:23

No, I hadn't seen it, but it's not quite the same thing.

There, if I understood correctly, it's grossomodo, to replace the interior "thermostat" which dialogues with the interior unit, which manages the water law, etc., but for me, there is only one cable coming out of the indoor unit, it is a 220V cable that supplies the outdoor unit. I'm not thinking of any "multiplexed" style info in this cable.

Here I am talking about the "internal" management of the external group.
I didn't specify, it's "air-water", with the gas circulating between the indoor and outdoor unit...

I have next to no skill in that, that's what I think about how it works...

So in my opinion, it's to do a "trick" that controls the start-up of the outdoor system when you receive the 220V from the inside, manages the commissioning of the compressor, monitors the internal pressure, the tp, controls the defrosting phases if necessary, etc, probably still something else that I have no idea ....
1 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/22, 09:27

Houlàlà, gas plant in sight there! I like ! : Mrgreen:

Don't forget that in construction: reliability = simplicity!

ps: if you don't specify the brand or the manufacturers it will be difficult to help...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 03/06/22, 10:30

yes, I'm going to put the references, I don't have them in mind, I'll complete later, it's mitsu for the exterior, and yak for the interior...

But I was talking about the very principle, the basic things to do...

I think that if there is a possibility of doing in general, whether we know or not, if so, there is a chance that we can achieve something....

I think you know the "twisted" ideas I can have....

If I can do for mine, something "drinkable", not necessarily extraordinary, that means we could "save" a lot of heat pumps, if it's just the electronics involved....
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 03/06/22, 11:55

So, I said a bullshit, it's not the first, and far from being the last, but it's me!

So, the 220 V is brought by another cable, and from the inside towards the outdoor group, there is a big cable, I will have to look where it lands...

The exterior group is a MITSUBISHI FDC71VN.
0 x

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/06/22, 12:46

Do not devalue yourself like that! 8) Pictures?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/06/22, 13:50

Here is the manual: https://mitsubishi-heavy-ind.com/files/ ... al-fdf.pdf

9.3 Installation of outdoor unit .............................................. ...........................64
(1) Model FDC71VNX ...
0 x