Rotex GCU 524 boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
bike68
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Rotex GCU 524 boiler

by bike68 » 02/01/21, 17:42

Bonsoir
I have a big problem with my Rotex GCU compact 524 boiler. For quite some time, my boiler has been beating, it goes into mode
heating and the motor of the 3-way valve remains in DHW mode. The problem is that for 2 or 3 days it works well then
, don't ask me why, she's doing it again. Result, for the boiler she wants to send me the heating in the floor
but the 3-way valve does not open. This morning, again, in heating mode, my 3V valve closes and goes into DHW. Suddenly, the temperature
for the heating goes up too quickly (underfloor heating) and it cuts the burner. I have just found the solution recently, I remove the engine
of the 3V valve and replace it without pressing the axis and the valve opens and all the water that was blocked goes into the floor and shortly after
it starts to heat up again and all is well. I thought it was this valve that was blocking, I had it replaced but this morning it was the same.
Does anyone have any idea of ​​the problem?
With thanks
bike68
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Rotex GCU 524 boiler

by Philippe Schutt » 02/01/21, 21:04

Hello
what is 3V valve? How many motor control wires? a photo ?
With which you will be able to see if the motor receives the right command.
0 x
bike68
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bike68 » 03/01/21, 09:48

Hello Philippe
Already, thank you for your answer, I am enclosing the photo of the 3v valve and the Honeywell VC6983-42 box.
The real problem is that this box receives the right information but 2 or 3 times a week it gets mixed up
the brushes Either after a DHW cycle the boiler switches to heating mode but the unit remains in DHW
or simply in heating mode it goes all alone in DHW but not all the time, that's the problem !!
So box or regulator?
cordially
Attachments
IMG_0647.JPG
housing
IMG_0647.JPG (80.08 KB) Viewed times 9475
IMG_0645.JPG
3V valve
IMG_0645.JPG (78.67 KB) Viewed times 9475
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 03/01/21, 21:34

Is it this filth with the ball that closes either on the right or on the left, and the motor only turns in one direction, the return being by spring?
Je hate this rickety room, and I got into a row with my custodian because of the ridiculous passage diameter.
Well that feels good! : Cheesy:
This motor is powered by the card which then switches the water to the balloon. When the menu cuts him off, the spring returns the valve to the heating position.
If the motor goes to the DHW position, it is because it is running and receiving juice. but it can hang and therefore not come back correctly
The valve, you've already changed it
The regulation ... that I do not know, but in general electronics is tough.

So I go for the engine, especially since your handling of removing it was useful. And then I don't like it : Twisted:
0 x
bike68
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bike68 » 05/01/21, 07:09

The valve has been changed, yes! If it is this engine, and the more I think about it, the more I doubt it, because Saturday in heating mode,
this engine went into DHW all by itself and the boiler remains in heating. Don't you think you have to look instead
in what could ask him to put in DHW without informing the boiler? Probe, card?
Thank you for your answer
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 27/01/21, 17:10

what do you mean by "heating mode"? Heating without DHW?

In any case, the engine does nothing on its own, apart from returning to the heating position (by the spring).
if it switches, it is because it is supplied by the card.
therefore card.
0 x
bike68
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bike68 » 28/01/21, 07:59

Hello Philippe

I changed this 3-way valve on Christmas Eve, on Saturday I had the impression that it had made this failure for me again, but since then I have been touching wood,
it works . As long as that's it !! But if this is the case, a shame for all these companies that have intervened with me.
It was I who found the source of this failure.
Thanks again .
0 x
STEPH68
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by STEPH68 » 30/11/21, 20:13

Hello,

I also have a problem with the VC6983 valve on the same boiler.
How do I know if the engine is running?
Have you changed the motor or the valve?

In advance thank you
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 30/11/21, 20:27

Hello,

- remove the plastic cover to locate the 2 wires which supply the motor. (There may be others, connected to limit switches)
-connect them to 220v. The engine should be running.
-interrupt the current and the motor must return to the rest position under the action of the spring.
0 x
STEPH68
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by STEPH68 » 30/11/21, 20:51

Good evening Philippe Schutt,

Thank you for your reply!
I saw that you are in Alsace, just like me, by any chance you cannot intervene in the Colmar sector? It is very complicated to find someone who works on this boiler ... and I have a big problem with the heating (more than 16 degrees)
0 x