Startup help and easypell configuration

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Carmelite
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Startup help and easypell configuration

by Carmelite » 08/03/20, 13:24

Hello everyone ,
I bought a easypell 16 kW boiler
To heat 12 cast iron radiators Last week, basic version, a thermostat in my hallway which gives a set point and for the adjustment I have to adjust by hand on the boiler.
Problem I do not master the subject I thought I had help from the installer but I saw that he does not master the subject and basically I have to manage ...

Here is a picture of the setting in place that consumes a lot. my 3 voice valve, red 50 degree mano which goes into the radiators. After the rest .... Should the return to the blue mano get closer to 40 45? Because it is 20 ... must I touch the Wilo circulator (flow adjustment if I understand correctly?)

thank you in advance for your help

3Q7qr.jpg
3Q7qr.jpg (125.34 KB) Viewed 14228 times
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Startup help and easypell configuration

by sicetaitsimple » 08/03/20, 13:43

You don't say if you were either too hot or too cold, which would still be the first information?

That said, with 16kW for 12 cast iron radiators, it is not necessarily abnormal that your boiler is operating at a fairly sustained level.
0 x
Carmelite
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Carmelite » 08/03/20, 14:04

The temperature is correct but it takes a long time to reach the setpoint and therefore I consume I think more than reason because I do not know how to adjust the machine..it is especially the problem.
I am trying to find out how to adjust my machine to reach the setpoint quickly enough and consume as little as possible like everyone I think.

I searched the various forum and I have read that the blue temperature should be as close as possible to the red temperature to avoid condensation in the heating core. , And to reach the setpoint faster, right?

Yesterday I made a new adjustment, I opened my 3 voice valve a little more and increase the circulator. The set temperature is reached faster

IMG_20200306_174432.jpg
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/20, 14:12

Uh put water at only 20 ° C in a boiler is completely against indicated! And in a wood boiler can be even more ... It will foul it severely (risk of condensation and particle = sludge) ... What does the manual say about the minimum return temperature?

The 3-way valve is precisely made so that the boiler loop is higher (even if, inevitably, this reduces the efficiency ... but fouling reduces the efficiency more strongly ...)

In addition, cast iron radiators must work at more than 50 ° C to be effective.

Their nominal power, from memory is given for a range of 90 ° C input, 70 ° C return ... What is the nominal power of each of your radiators because, as simple said, it seems a little high (a cast iron radiator is is 2.5 to 3kW mini ... but at 90 ° C input ...). Added some pictures of the radiators (the biggest, the smallest)

Yes you can play on the circulator but it will not improve the overall heating power (it will even reduce it, even if it increases the temperatures read) ...

You have to find the right setting for the 3-way valve and logically it is the boiler that must regulate that ... what does the manual say?

Start by working with just a few radiators to see how it works. Do you have thermostatic valves I imagine?
0 x
Carmelite
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Carmelite » 08/03/20, 15:39

No info on the power of the radiators it is an old farm that I am renovating. Here is a photo of the largest radiator L 1m10, l 95cm, P15cm. The smallest is half.
IMG_20200308_152753.jpg

For the boiler:
- The boiler rises to a maximum of 76 degrees.
- arrived at 60 degrees it starts the circulator, below 60 it cuts to warm up.

Does the last configuration sound good to you?

60 degrees which leaves 50 which returns?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/20, 15:49

Karmeliet wrote:No info on the power of the radiators it is an old farm that I am renovating. Here is a photo of the largest radiator L 1m10, l 95cm, P15cm. The smallest is half.

It is at least a 3 kW at 90/70 ° C ...

At 50-60 ° C it will produce less than half (roughly with a big ladle)

Karmeliet wrote:- arrived at 60 degrees it starts the circulator, below 60 it cuts to warm up.

Uh that is not possible ... you must have typed wrong?

60/50 you mean?

Karmeliet wrote:Does the last configuration sound good to you?

60 degrees which leaves 50 which returns?

Yes try ... by closing some radiators ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/20, 15:51

ps: I had not seen your 2nd message heating-insulation / starting-aid-and-configuration-easypell-t16337.html # p383324 I was writing my answer at the same time!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/03/20, 15:59

Karmeliet wrote:The temperature is correct but it takes a long time to reach the setpoint and therefore I consume I think more than reason

If it was the time it took for the house to warm up that was causing you problems (intermittent occupancy?), Having increased the flow rate of the circulator is a good idea, your radiators will have a higher average temperature during this period. But it will not make you consume less .....
0 x
Carmelite
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Carmelite » 08/03/20, 16:17

Thank you for your help. I will stay in this configuration and see my consumption the next time I have to fill the pellet tank.

Otherwise I confirm, the circulator starts when the water in the boiler reaches 60 degrees. Once the temperature drops below 60 degrees due to the colder return from the radiators, the circulator stops ..... then it warms up to 60 degrees, it restarts the circulator and so on the time to be stable.
0 x