What bathroom floor tiles (weight)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
danaroun
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What bathroom floor tiles (weight)

by danaroun » 05/08/19, 14:06

Hello,
Repair of the bathroom in a very old house where the refusal of the floor tiles. Soft ground envisaged but cost too important, in particular pose by a pro because I am not sure of my skills! Floor? But full of contradictory information, and cost there also according to the choice (pine, fir Ok but the other species cost the peaudeff) + ecological aberration of the exotic woods. What is left as a solution meeting the demanding criteria of adaptation to a bathroom (equipped in addition to a dryer) that will finally be properly insulated (40 cm wood wool), at a material cost less than 40 euros / m2 and ecologically coherent? I do not find ... : roll:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Which bathroom floor off tiling (weight)

by Christophe » 05/08/19, 14:27

Modern PVC slats (to be installed like MDF laminates) are certainly not very eco-friendly but it is the most accessible "light" coating for a bathroom and easy to install ... there are many models with a nice look less than 20 € per m² ...

There are certainly "bio plastic" alternatives that do not exceed 40 € per m² ...

Prices given off obviously.

Otherwise there is the Linoleum which, despite his name and appearance, is a rather green material ...

Linoleum, linoleum, or linoleum is a floor covering consisting of burlap waterproofed by application of linseed oil and wood powder or cork. Pigments are often added to obtain the desired tones and patterns.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linoleum

Not to be confused with his false brother the Balatum, him 100% chemical ...
0 x
danaroun
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by danaroun » 05/08/19, 15:02

Thank you Christophe to be responsive and an 5 August !!

And thank you for the PVC pipe, I'll try to convince son who is a fan of wood. On the other hand, "organic lino" is not suitable for a bathroom and even less with a dryer in it. Too bad, that was really what I wanted ..
We also wade with the VMC, it's crazy that they must turn all the time!

Still, poorly insulated so little heated (we will still not waste), showered when the dryer had turned or frozen, painted pine floor that held 40 years, Ok it was rustic and it was peeled winter but I have never bothered with moisture, condensation or a VMC like now!
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/08/19, 17:30

The seagrass. It's rot-proof (it likes moisture to stay soft and beautiful), it costs nothing (between 8 and 15 euros per square meter), it's light, it is cutter cutter, it is glue (glue or double sided).
Hemp is also rot-proof, it is an excellent insulator, but it is more expensive and not easily found, except carpets.
1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
danaroun
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by danaroun » 11/08/19, 17:52

GuyGadebois wrote:The seagrass. It's rot-proof (it likes moisture to stay soft and beautiful), it costs nothing (between 8 and 15 euros per square meter), it's light, it is cutter cutter, it is glue (glue or double sided).
Hemp is also rot-proof, it is an excellent insulator, but it is more expensive and not easily found, except carpets.

Thank you Guy, good pipe that I will send to my bricolo 2020!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/08/19, 17:57

danaroun wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:The seagrass. It's rot-proof (it likes moisture to stay soft and beautiful), it costs nothing (between 8 and 15 euros per square meter), it's light, it is cutter cutter, it is glue (glue or double sided).

Thank you Guy, good pipe that I will send to my bricolo 2020!

Dey nada.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)