Webasto to GO on motorhome

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Webasto to GO on motorhome

by bleusideral » 19/01/19, 15:21

Hello

What are the users of this type of heating mounted on large displacement and van?

My project, to mount this type of heating in 5KW in replacement of a gas boiler hs on my motorhome which is worth too much to replace (2000 € except manpower)
The goal: to feed the central heating circuit 5 original glycol radiators, to supply a reserve of sanitary hot water (certainly via a water-water heat exchanger), to supply a fan heater.
3 possibilities with set of valves for choice of use, the water reserve having a different thermostat in view of a temperature of 60-70 ° (temperature to avoid bacteria)

Of course there is the ecological side to respect
In addition to the benefits of fuel-powered heating of the vehicle's fuel tank, an exhaust of consumed GO is at stake. And there I ask questions: I would like to reduce these emissions by feeding the Webasto with a standalone tank of 5 or 10 L, as it is about combustion and not fuel compression, I would like to find a compromise of an additive in the GO, like HVB, E85, alcohol, or something else. But to what extent? The start can be done cold (winter use), in this case it should work easily, not too much HVB for example.

I would like your opinion! thank you in advance :?
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Webasto to GO on motorhome

by bleusideral » 22/01/19, 13:05

Hello ! Thin, I do not even have a reply? the subject seems to me intersting nevertheless, it is from the ecological point of view that I seek answers! : Lol:
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
Supertramper
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Supertramper » 26/01/19, 13:14

Hello,
I have not badly studied these heaters diesel. The hvb on heaters webasto type does not burn well, it increases the emissions and reduces the yield, whatever its dilution.
If you want to make the system greener I would recommend gasoline that rejects less nox and fine particles, but rejects more co2.
In my opinion the e85 is not an ecological solution given the production methods of this fuel
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 27/01/19, 15:08

Thank you for your opinion, I think of 10% of SP95 for 90% of GO as on the engines in winter (and other seasons?)

I'm waiting for my Webasto 5KW with exhaust, OCCAZ, and I think connect the output of this little pot upstream of the big muffler of the vehicle.
Webasto installed under the chassis, insulation (but with aeration of course) phonic, isolated pump also mounted on silent-bloc.
0 x
Supertramper
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Supertramper » 27/01/19, 17:11

Good idea for the insulation, it is true that the pump makes a noise, I surrounded mine with foam mattress and I do not hear it at all.

Attendance regarding the connection to the exhaust line, the gases can flow freely through a webasto, in one direction or the other. With the engine running, I think the gases will flow in the webasto and potentially foul and heat the intake part, which is designed to receive fresh air, and is essentially composed of plastic parts, including the air turbine. I also think it may prevent the webasto from running when the engine is running.
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 27/01/19, 20:19

Yes, you're right, I'll opt instead for a silent 2e series and exhaust integral with that of the engine Image
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."