Is Linky more accurate?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Is Linky more accurate?

by PVresistif » 04/04/18, 11:19

I would like someone to explain this to me; since 40 years I have a meter 30 amps which I never had to complain.

I suspect that his precision is quite nice; indeed it seems to me that for having blown up some times - in fact 6 kVA - it turns out a bit tight sometimes in winter, I think it triggers rather 33 Amps even a little more (10 15 % tolerance would not be surprising?) ... and that's pretty good; I think that EDF knows all that and calculated a long time ago, its subscription accordingly since 33 A x 220 V = 7,26 kW.

I'm worried now because I understand that this meter is going to be "modern" and therefore more accurate, so it could trigger 30 Ampere pile! Damn then, I will have to change my subscription and change from 6 to 9 kVA is 50% more, and therefore 50% more fixed costs! It will not be my provider who will benefit because the count is the monopoly I believe.

Am I wrong or could I ask to set my Linky to 33 or 34 amps as my old and nice old counter? If it was not the case then, damn it, it'll cost me pèze!

Do you have any information about this? And also, Linky would measure reactive power, and so all that would have motors (washing machine, dishwasher ... etc) could also pay for reactive energy?

Do you have any information about this, especially those who have the new meter?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Is Linky more accurate?

by dirk pitt » 04/04/18, 11:38

on the one hand there is a "smoothing" of the instantaneous power to take account of peaks, for example when starting motors, etc.
tests reported by a user on another site speak of a smoothing over a hundred seconds.
moreover, there is also a tolerance on the max power. on the other forum, the user was able to cause the linky to trip 7.8kVA for a 6kVA subscription.
0 x
Click my signature
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 04/04/18, 11:41

There is no simple answer.

Yes, Linky is more accurate in measuring the current than the circuit breaker.

The rest is a matter of tuning that is done by software at the request of the energy supplier.
For the moment, Linky used on EDF subscriptions have been adjusted (it seems to emerge from the observations) to have a behavior similar to the old circuit breakers (so cut quickly on a strong overtaking or after a less important but prolonged overtaking).

Other operators may require a different, more or less strict setting ...
I have also heard of contracts being studied which would offer a "variable" subscription: for example, we would pay each month for the portion corresponding to the maximum power recorded during that month, in which case the Linky would "never" cut (only on anomaly).
In short, it is not simple.

For reactive power, the Linky measures it, but - for the moment - no operator charges it to individuals.

PS
A remark, the price difference at EDF between a subscription 6kVA and 9kVA is not 50%, but 17% (from 8,92 € to 10,42 € per month)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/04/18, 15:26

Linky would measure reactive power, and so all that would have motors (washing machine, dishwasher ... etc) could also pay the reactive energy?
The circuit breaker has always considered the reactive power. for 6 kVA, it is set to 30 A (6000 / 200), so already a margin of safety because
the normal voltage is no longer 220 v but 230, so for a resistive load, the limit is 6.9 kVA, even more if you have the chance to be close to the transformer and have 240 V at the socket.

With a ph ph of 0.7, it will always trigger 30 A but for a lower power: 4.83 KVA

What changes with the linky is that the circuit breaker is set to its maximum power and it is the internal circuit breaker that is set to the power of the subscription. This allows the modification without moving a technician.
And no, for individuals, reactive energy is not more billed.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 04/04/18, 15:40

izentrop wrote:The circuit breaker has always considered the reactive power.
The breaker, yes, but not the meter.

The Linky could calculate the value of the reactive power (I do not know if it does).
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/04/18, 19:57

the linky problem is that it also serves as a breaker ... and it is more accurate than the old rusted breaker that never jumped ... so we will not end up having people who were happy with their old circuit breaker which allowed to consume more than the subscription, and with the linky it skips and it is necessary to increase the subscription

and considering the prices of the subscriptions it will earn sub easily!

and no way to complain! you took advantage of a circuit breaker that let more power flow, good for you if you took advantage ... now we put a linky that is accurate ... if that's not enough take a larger subscription
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/04/18, 06:38

chatelot16 wrote:and no way to complain!

so do not complain.
0 x

Click my signature
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 05/04/18, 09:54

chatelot16 wrote:the linky problem is that it also serves as a breaker ... and it is more accurate than the old rusted breaker that never jumped ...
It is precise, but it separates the "power measurement" part from the "cut-off" part.
It can be programmed with operation similar to old breakers or with very strict operation.
Everything will depend on what each energy supplier decides.
0 x
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by PVresistif » 07/04/18, 10:37

I highly doubt that electricity distributors have access to any meter setting?
I fear that the Linky is a consequence of the liberalization of electricity, the meter being exclusive owner of the network of ENEDIS.
ENEDIS - the monopoly of the network - will have all the information of the customers and will be able to trade it ... it will be able to invoice any intervention to the private companies of sale of elec. Sell ​​the elec will become subordinate, it is to own the network - and the information related to the network - which will be essential and it is the margin that will be because it is a monopoly ..........
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/04/18, 10:19

PVresistif wrote:I highly doubt that electricity distributors have access to any meter setting?
Of course yes :!:
If only to put in place the maximum power and schedules corresponding to the contract subscribed.
The access may not be direct, but they necessarily have the possibility to ask the ENEDIS settings.
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."