Sub-silo granulets stuffing worm

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Dagata
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Sub-silo granulets stuffing worm

by Dagata » 18/01/16, 19:51

worm under silo granulets stuffing.
the motor crashes, on 2 occasions I dismantled the motor and saw I did not find any "intruders" I checked that:
the engine runs well
suction is good (via boiler)
the blowing is good
the screw turns well
I do not know where to look for the cause!
help!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/01/16, 10:34

Let's see this in detail:

- Do you have an endless screw in the bottom of a wood pellet silo?
- Is it a V bottom? what is V about 90 °?
- what is the material of this background? boards, agglo or OSB?
- if I understood you correctly, the screw turns but it does not debut anything?
- the suction works but does not aspire anything?

If the answer to these questions is yes, it is probably because a "bridge" has formed above your screw ...

NB: Make sure that the screw rotates well, and not only the motor: a connecting key could be released, the motor turn and not the screw!

If this is the case, take a piece of plank and a hammer and hit hard blows on the accessible vertical walls ... Strong enough to "vibrate", but not too much, so as not to shatter! You should trigger an avalanche!
0 x
Dagata
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Dagata » 19/01/16, 22:32

thank you did: so it's a silo canvas with steel tray everything is in the rules, the PB is that the motor that drives the screw hangs and all the granulets accumulate just at the start of the screw in front of the suction.
the history, last year same time I had the same PB I dismounted my screw and I found a ... screwdriver handle that prevented my screw from turning so this time I was persuaded to find the rest of the screwdriver and not only granulets that block ??? I wonder if it should not change the rotation time of the screw compared to the aspiration when do you think?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 20/01/16, 08:53

dagata wrote: the PB is that the motor that drives the screw hangs and all the granulets accumulate just at the start of the screw in front of the suction.

this sentence is confusing.
do we have to understand that the screw is blocked then the pellets accumulate ???? which seems odd because once the screw is blocked, the pellets can not accumulate anymore.

Or, should we understand:
at the start, the screw rotates but quickly the pellets accumulate at the end of the screw (at the level of the suction) THEN the screw is blocked.
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 20/01/16, 09:15

dagata wrote: this time I was convinced to find the rest of the screwdriver and not only granulets that block ??? I wonder if it should not change the rotation time of the screw compared to the suction when do you think?

As dirk, I'm a little in doubt as to whether I understand correctly:

- Canvas silo therefore; what brand ?
- at the bottom of the silo, there is therefore an "active device" with a screw, driven by a motor
- this device extracts the pellets from the silo and drops them into a flow of air to take them to the hopper adjacent to your boiler

And so, the pellets accumulate and it blocks the screw. Is that it ???

Theoretically, if your device is well parameterized and works well:

- the suction starts up a few seconds before the screw; the flow of air is thus established without there being pellets
- then the screw starts up and "sprinkles" this air flow with pellets; as long as the air is not too loaded, the pellets "fly" from the auger to the hopper
- when the hopper is full, the screw stops first; suction continues to properly empty the circuit; because if the pellets "settle", it is not certain that they will take off again!

You must first check that this cycle, with these delays, is well respected.

If this is the case, it may be that your suction has weakened and the air system is not draining well. So check: a) the circuit, that there is not a deposit in a bend or that I know ... b) the kind of grid placed before the turbine of the vacuum cleaner in the hopper; if it is clogged the air flow is decreased and the effect can be the same ...

And if it's not, I do not see!
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 20/01/16, 13:25

on my system screw + blowing okofen, the blower starts before the screw but the 2 cut at the same time.
even slight leakage in the blowing circuit can cause a jam.
0 x

Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 20/01/16, 14:25

Ah!

I will check during the recharge tonight ... But I'm almost certain that there is a tempo at the start of the screw (the screw starts after the aspi) and one at the stop (the screw stops before the aspi) ... (bottom screw of self-built silo V + PESK so 2007 suction - I do not know which version of the CMP)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/01/16, 14:52

It's cold ! Intermediate refill at the moment: I confirm a tempo (about 5 sec) between stopping the extraction screw and stopping the vacuum cleaner.

We can hear it very well: the "strafing" of the pellets on the hopper stops (stop of the extraction screw, the air circuit empties of its pellets); we hear the vacuum cleaner alone, then it also stops
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 20/01/16, 16:00

He He put me doubt : Cheesy:
Ah, the guy.
I'll have to check tonight, too.
it will teach me to affirm things without checking.
0 x

Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 20/01/16, 16:21

Admit that if it were not there, it would be like a flaw! Deposit in the pipes of the pellets that were en route without having arrived ... Not sure that they re-take off once posed, even accumulation at the bottom of the vertical parts!
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."