Provencal well without cellar

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Provencal well without cellar

by deceitful » 06/03/15, 23:57

Sorry in advance if the subject exists. I did not find (or may not be using the right terms).

I have a fairly well insulated new house. Its problem is that it heats very quickly with the sun (25 ° C today without heating for 12 ° C outside). Suddenly summer is even worse.

So I'm looking for a way to bring fresh air in summer and warm in winter.

I like the Provencal / Canadian well solution. I don't want to add an electric machine yet.
My idea:
- Dig a 15m x 50cm trench 1,5m deep to the north / north-west until it is level with the house.
- Go back vertically with a pipe and cross the ridge. Since I don't have a cellar, it's easier for me.
- In rooms without VMC aspiration, I install an air grille which I connect to the well.
- I condemn the ventilation on my windows to force the air to come from the well (compared to the vmc).

I pass the details of the installation, I just want to know if it is realistic and that I will not bring humidity in my house.

I could be even more barbaric!

my crazy idea:
Instead of digging, I take up the crawl space ventilation on the north side to do the same!

am i good for hospitalization or not? :D
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 07/03/15, 00:14

Hello,
It's not as obvious as it sounds https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89changeur_air-sol
I have the impression that if it is not properly installed and used correctly, there is a risk of cellar odors and spread of pathogens. It may be the hospital, but not for the reason given. :|
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 07/03/15, 18:42

The principle of the Provençal well is excellent, but its implementation is more complex than it seems.
In your case it is possible to be able to refresh the air through your basement, but this requires a sufficient length of duct and a flawless seal of it, otherwise you risk contamination of your indoor air by bacteria, see pollutants, even see radon (it all depends on the nature of the soil).

Be careful also to use pipes made of non-polluting materials (food-grade plastic, ceramic).
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by deceitful » 05/05/15, 18:42

without wanting to raise this subject, thank you for the answer.
I am looking for other eco-friendly solutions to reduce my temperature in my house and avoid buying an air conditioning.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 05/05/15, 19:01

Hi, you could install a double flow vmc with a bypass that would allow you to keep the heat when it needs it and bypass it when it is hot to cool your house.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by deceitful » 05/05/15, 19:23

I am looking for a way to improve this disastrous system that is the vmc. My house is dry and suddenly the vmc brings me heat or cold when it is not necessary.

Is switching from a single flow system to a double flow expensive, heavy work? the house is only 2 years old.

I also noticed that it is because of its small size that it heats up quickly. 86m² for 7 windows including 3 in the living room.

I also hesitate to add insulation in the lost attic to prevent it from heating by the roof. The temperature is suffocating in summer. But I don't want to generate humidity. And as always, the cost is crucial.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 05/05/15, 19:27

a vmc DF well bought is not necessarily expensive, the work is not really heavy, it depends on your hut. full foot with roof space lost all in placo? nothing more optimal to put one easily.

describe your house and its construction a little more, do you have any photo of the attic?

Hello
0 x

deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by deceitful » 05/05/15, 19:41

Thanks for your quick answer.
no photo of the attic. We are rather proud of the garden, much less of the roof space :D

house in red bonded blocks. Glass wool insulation then plasterboard for the walls
roof 2 slopes exposed east and west. Lost roof space of around 2m. 30cm of cellulose wadding insulation.
the current vmc is suspended and takes 4 pieces:
- kitchen with possibility of 2nd gear (finally it is the nozzle that opens more)
- cellar because washing machine and dryer (condensing)
- bathroom
- wc (nozzle with presence sensor)

the rooms without vmc have ventilation in the windows for the suction and all the doors have a space of 7-8mm with the ground.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 05/05/15, 19:43

full foot? no floor?
a photo of the barrack?
0 x

deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by deceitful » 05/05/15, 19:53

Your wishes are orders.

I found some photos during the construction
The attic
THE HOUSE
0 x