Pellet burner Granulaugil on old fuel boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
cantilena
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pellet burner Granulaugil on old fuel boiler

by cantilena » 12/02/15, 10:56

Hello
I have been running since 2010 with a pellet burner from granulaugil installed on the heating body of my old oil boiler [small observation in passing the report 1L fuel / 2 Kg of pellet is a little light since I spend 1200 L of fuel with 3 good tonnes of pellet but this is surely due to a drop in yield due to DIY (even if it is well done !!)]
Since this season, I have small problems, the burner stops in full heating (error start) or it loads but difficult to start and this despite cleaning the burner every week and disassembly and monthly cleaning of the inner tube (which is recommended once a year)
the technician on the phone thinks of a bad configuration of the arrival of the pellets but on the other hand I have never dismantled the worm or cleaned the silo! the recurrent failure can it come from there? : Evil: : Shock:
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 12/02/15, 14:23

difficult to answer without knowing this burner.
simply generally, the burners reported are often unsuitable for the heating body of the boiler, or overconsumption.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/15, 23:05

Have you changed your pellet supplier?

Do you have pictures of your installation?
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 13/02/15, 00:15

Hello ,

are your pellets dusted? certain there is a fairly high dust level, and suddenly depending on the screw it can strongly clog and disturb the bring pellet ...

Before seeing the settings made a complete cleaning, then you can incriminate the settings ... it's been 4 years if I understand that you have not cleaned anything on the food side? in any case cleaning will not hurt ...

and on the boiler side ?? cleaning ?? on wood or pellet boilers there are sweeping springs if I'm not mistaken, to remove the crust which forms and reduces the heat transfer and therefore the yield, little by little ... it seems complicated to me to clean certain exchanger in view of their geometry ... but I say that without that it is of direct relation (whatever) with the stated problem.

Photos of the burner and the boiler stp :) ... we like ...

see you
0 x