Temperature oscillation on an Okofen room sensor

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Thierry72
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Temperature oscillation on an Okofen room sensor

by Thierry72 » 30/01/15, 21:09

Good evening everyone,
owner of a 20kw Okofen for 3 years, I am not very satisfied, in particular with the room sensor.
I have an analog probe (with a knob and 1 switch with 4 positions: off, night, clock, day), which works strangely: when I am away for a few days and I turn the heating to reduced (night position), it sulks me on my return and gives erroneous values ​​of the ambient temperature: for example this evening (when I did not touch anything other than yesterday to return to the clock position), it is 19,2 , 19,2 ° (the thermometer is placed on the probe), the probe measures 19,5 °; 19,8 °; 20 ° in cycles of 30-XNUMX seconds between each measurement.
I alerted my heating engineer several times, the distributor in the area (Planète Claire), but to no avail.
Furthermore, the interval between the boiler cycles is 21 minutes, which seems to be too short. During the cleaning of the boiler (15 days ago) we mentioned the possible bridling of the boiler at 15 kw.
I restarted the heating engineer this morning .... No answer.
At the cost of the installation ....
I feel like a pigeon.
Thierry
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 30/01/15, 22:07

Bonsoir.

Some users of this type of analog probe (ref. E 1229) have complained about their instability. I have had a digital probe (ref. E1230 which looks like the main control) for 6 years without problems.
It must be possible to change it! 5 year warranty seems to me.

For short cycles, it is possible to switch to 15 kW. Electronic clamping + plugs on turbulators but before there may be parameters to modify.
Some data on the installation and the house would be welcome.

In case of difficulties with the installer, which seems to be the case, direct contact with Okofen France is very effective (they will "shake it up").
The after-sales service is very responsive, I am witness to it, because out of warranty now.
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Thierry72
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Thierry72 » 31/01/15, 13:38

Thank you for your answer,
I'm going to restart the heating engineer on Monday.

For additional info:
House 150 m2 on two levels, wall thickness 60 to 70 cm.
Thermostatic valves in the bedrooms only (upstairs).

Water law: 1,1
fixed point: 35
Comfort limit: 19
Reduced Limit: 12
Anticipation: 120
Compensation: 4
Hysteresis: 0,5
Interval between cycles: 21 minutes

This installation first worked without an indoor sensor. And as I did not find "normal" that it is 23 ° inside while it was 20 ° outside, I asked for an indoor sensor (which the installer sent me and which I 've installed it myself - since the warranty has been taken over by another Okofen certified heating engineer but closer to my home; he is also not happy to get the mess when he has nothing to do with it) .
The indoor probe is fifteen meters from the boiler, and the cable is not shielded (it's 2x0,75mm2), but I don't think the cyclic temperature estimates come from that. If the cable was involved, there would be a constant temperature error.
Whenever I am away and leave the temperature overnight, or use the holiday program, I am sure I will have to modify the probe compensation ...

cordially
Thierry
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 31/01/15, 16:21

In my house, the cable is not shielded.
Here is an excerpt from the Okofen maintenance instructions:

Interpretation of the average cycle time:
If the average cycle time <15 min = oversizing of the boiler:
- Lower the power of a slice, this requires installing plugs and
to adjust the PLC.
If the average cycle time between 15 and 25 min = slight oversizing of the
boiler:
- Lower the power by 2kW on the PLC, no need to put a plug.
In these two cases it is necessary to modify the power of the boiler in the automaton according to the method described in the paragraph "Reading and correcting the power of the boiler".
It is also necessary to modify the operating parameter of the pulse burner for PLCs of type CMP1.4 and CMP0.6 according to the method described in the paragraph "Reading the operating mode of the burner

This means P 170 to 1 and P 265 to 18 instead of 20.
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Thierry72
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Thierry72 » 31/01/15, 18:13

Thank manet42,
I immerse myself again in the ad hoc notice to modify the appropriate constants.
Have you noticed fluctuations in the temperature reading of the indoor sensor like the ones I mentioned?
cordially
Thierry
0 x
Thierry72
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Thierry72 » 31/01/15, 18:38

There it's done.
P170 = 1
p265 = 18

I will check P115 tomorrow which will allow me to see if the time since the last burner shutdown has increased.

For my heating engineer, it was necessary to go directly to 15 kw by putting plugs ...

cordially
Thierry
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 31/01/15, 20:02

Yes, go to 15 with caps since already clamped to 18 ... if the cycles are still inf. 25 min.

No oscillations of the probe but it is not the same.
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 31/01/15, 21:53

What is interesting is not the P115, duration of the stop but the duration of an average cycle.
Calculation method extracted from the Okofen doc:

P114 Average cycle time:
The PLC cycle time (P114) represents the average operating time of the
burner, i.e. the time between the ignition phase (included) and the shutdown phase (excluded) from
commissioning of the boiler and its automaton. Please note, P114 is not representative of
recent actual operation, but only average operation. Before one year of
operation, this value does not make sense, because this cycle time varies considerably
between winter, mid-season and summer.
The values ​​P112, P113 are used to calculate the cycle time by simple division:
P114 = P113 / P112

It is therefore necessary to make two readings for each parameter then after subtraction make the report. The P114 is only value from the start! ...
0 x
Thierry72
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Thierry72 » 31/01/15, 22:36

Understood,
I'm doing this tomorrow.
cordially
Thierry
0 x
Thierry72
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Thierry72 » 01/02/15, 20:13

Good evening Manet42,
here are the statements:
this morning :
- P112 = 14946
- P113 = 05180
tonight :
- P112 = 14952
- P113 = 5186

6 / 6 = 1
But this result may be distorted because I lit the stove this afternoon and the boiler did not heat up much ????

Funny: the P114 went from 21 to 20 !!!! It should be the opposite, right?

cordially
Thierry
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."