Heating savings I have the right approach? Ideas?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sp0d
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Heating savings I have the right approach? Ideas?

by sp0d » 24/01/14, 17:21

Hello,

voilà
my situation
I am currently renting in a building a souplex of approx 48m² consisting of a main room of about twenty m² with a window (my living room) on the left, on the left there is a small room one-eyed closed by a French window (my office / b * rdel) and on the right a narrow corridor transformed into a kitchen (we don't want 2 in width) and a very functional toilet / shower / sink at the end. In this corridor a French window leading to my courtyard. The apartment has an "L" around it.
As for the lower part of approx 18m² I made it my bedroom, because the room has been redone (no bare stones but concrete blocks over about 40 cm), the ceiling is high " normal ", and" à la française "and it has a window that gives below the window in my courtyard.
Regarding insulation, although there are only double glazing, the walls seem very thin given the noise that passes, especially in my hallway sdb / kitchen (especially as it There are no shutters - and the agency says nothing more will be done!
Regarding the heating I have super new radiators last year, 1 inertia in my main room and 1 in the lower floor, toasters that I never use for other rooms

my interrogation
I currently pay 95 € monthly (over 12 months!) For electricity, whereas edf had only estimated 55 "when counting large" !, and I find that very expensive especially since I am not fully equipped ("just "a portable computer, a washing machine at a rate of 2X / 3sem, 2 fridges from this decade, water heater, energy-saving bulbs a box, 2 cast iron plates, mini oven and microwave, such as fixed, and these 2 radiators, neither tv, nor dvd, nor channel nothing on standby ..) I have a rather ecological / thrifty behavior and I do not live in Montreal, but in the Gold Coast !!
I am aware that this money literally goes out by lack of isolation, so I have this year invested in good curtains (door window, window room and door), closed the shutters of the main room as soon as I'm not there and at night (in short more than 12h / d) and put down door sills for the front door
**** See other thermal insulation solutions (and phonic as it is) that do not require work? ***

Moreover, in order to save I am in reduction mode of the radiators and accumulation of the sweaters and ended up only starting a single radiator for all the appart: the radiator of the room / floor lower with 17degrès, the heat amount he has to do 15-16 above
**** Is it economical to operate only this one or would it be better for me to put on the top one ***
I was asking myself this question because I was afraid that the one above "seeing" its heat to rise more carbide and that in the end it would not be more economical than if I started the other one say at 14 or 15

I look forward to your answers and solutions to help me lower this * £% # bill!
thanks in advance
0 x
Pascalou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pascalou » 28/01/14, 20:26

Hello!
Yes the solution would be to isolate, but it is complicated in your case. For your radiators, if you put both or only one, it won't change much if the parts are in contact. If you want to gain in comfort, you could only heat well (at 19/20 ° C!) One room, there where you "live" and you leave the others at 16 °. For example living room / kitchen at 19/20 and the rest at 16 °. The doors between these two areas must of course remain closed.
That is to say that you set a radiator 20 where you live and the other 16 where you are only to sleep.
Other than that, I do not see what is possible, to change apartment.
0 x
The energy is unlimited, it is not a problem, man is the problem!
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partag ... xfBlcC.doc