Has the technician Okofen checked?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Has the technician Okofen checked?

by manet42 » 31/12/13, 05:58

Hello,
Following the intervention of a foromeuse on another site, in difficulties for a year to regulate its installation, we corresponded directly by emails.
Conventional hydraulics in accordance with the Okofen scheme:
-A PC circuit with 3-way valve, circulator, internal probe.
-A radiator circuit with valve, circulator, no probe.
-A DHW circuit with circulator and tank.

After discussions, explanations and T ° readings, classic, what!
-Curve for PC adjusted (except a little wrong internal probe, detail).
-P170 to 1 for cycles which were only 20min, suddenly the boiler sometimes reaches 81 ° but no question of intervening on the P **, guaranteed.

On the other hand, it is impossible to regulate the radiators with the Open RT. The regulation instructions are not applied.
Example: T ° setpoint 32 °, T ° drop 59 °! These two T ° are only close for a few minutes, after heating.
Mails, tests, explanation, photos.
And there surprise! Non-motorized 3-way valve, connection of the circulator, I don't know where, because at the comfort / reduced switchover, it stops but there is no internal probe. for that. Pipes not insulated. See attached photo. Please note, the insulating cover of the circulator block has been removed for shooting.

My interlocutor, on my advice, will contact her heating engineer.

In short, I do not understand how such an installation could have been validated.

What do you think, am I wrong?

Best wishes to all with a nod to my shadock “accomplices”.

0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 31/12/13, 07:22

difficult to have an opinion without knowing all the dossier. it would be necessary to see the estimate. perhaps to lower the price, he proposed a manual V3V on the radiator circuit, telling himself that the thermostats would do the job. there are plenty of older installs that work like this. it is worse than the climatic regulator but it still works.
besides, i don't think this is the cause of the short cycles.

otherwise something weird: on the photo it looks like the circulator says "DHW is in fact on the same pipes as the radiator feeder ???
0 x
Click my signature
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 31/12/13, 10:06

Thank you for the answer.
I think that under the black insulation, there is a feed with several holes?

Yes, it can work like that, but for the reduced? The heating is completely cut off, and yet no TOR room thermostat.
And in this case, what is the use of climate regulation?

Ridiculous savings on the price of a motor on the valve.

The installation is not old and 20 e for that! Hoses not even protected!

No, the short cycles were 60/62 ° start, 70 ° stop, with the P 170 at 1, that's fine.
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 05/01/14, 10:23

Another quick check ...
Here is the message that just arrived in my box following the help provided to an OKOFEN user in difficulty:

it was okay to thank the person who found the bug in my boiler. I would like to point out to you that my installers remain without news since I sent the graph with 15-20 starts during the day. I didn't tell him where the problem came from. What I do not understand is that a technician came to do the commissioning ??? which allows you to check the installation (wrongly placed probe) and to make the basic settings (BT MIN and BT max) according to the type of house ....
I think they are just installers ........

That said, I am very satisfied with my installation and the technician who came.
When it works must be said, when it does not even work ...
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."