Heating for wooden extension

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Garcimorus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Heating for wooden extension

by Garcimorus » 26/07/13, 16:32

Hello everyone.

Let me explain to you my dilemma concerning the choice of heating for a wood extension.

First of all, this project is nearing completion so maybe I made some bad choices but now it's too late.

The context: House in Brittany, from 1978, in brick. 1 floor, the whole on approximately 115 m² of living space.

Facing south on the most inhabited part (living / dining room on the ground floor and 2 bedrooms upstairs), we decided to expand with an extension in the extension of the south facade (extension over the entire length with transformation from the living room window with double glazed door opening onto one of the two extension rooms and conservation of the current bay window which will serve as access to the second room).

The extension is made with a wooden frame with insulation meeting RT2012 standards (example ceiling insulated with 300mm IBR coated) + exterior cedral cladding.

It consists of two rooms (25m² + 15m²): office and playroom for the children?

Added to this is the insulation of the whole house from the outside (R4) + cedral cladding + roof insulation (R7.5 240mm of rock wool)

That's roughly the detail of the whole.

The work is well advanced, however I will have to make the choice for the heating of the extension (the house is currently heated by a GEMINOX oil boiler and cast iron radiators (quite old).
I do not want to connect new cast iron radiators to the boiler and I had opted for soft inertia electric radiators (1 of 2000w and 1 of 1250w) from Atlantic.
However I wonder if my choice is not disproportionate compared to the two rooms which are now part of a very well insulated unit (especially from the outside), moreover facing due south (with a window + a large bay window + a large skylight).
What do you think and what do you recommend?

Thank you for taking the time to read my prose and thank you in advance for your advice
0 x
Garcimorus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Garcimorus » 20/08/13, 18:55

I bring up the subject for those who return from vacation ... Thank you in advance!
0 x
Paull0
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Heating for wooden extension

by Paull0 » 13/02/23, 10:06

Hello,

I don't know what type of heating you decided on, I'm coming a little late :).
On the other hand, it is clear that the oil heating is not the best in terms of heating, with under without wood extension.
Now to answer your question, I would say that the best thing is to have a wood stove installed, then comes the heated floor (I give you my best eh).

If anyone is interested, the question of heating for an extension is answered in this article: https://eco-lodgy.com/extension-de-maison/comment-chauffer-une-extension-bois/

I would be curious to know what you have installed.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 14/02/23, 18:51

Bringing up a 10 year old subject just to advertise his box, but how it's grilled!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 14/02/23, 21:05

What surprises me the most is that no one answered in due time...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: