Suction what energy boiler?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Djudju
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Suction what energy boiler?

by Djudju » 23/05/13, 11:27

Hello everybody
For the renovation of our future house, we must place a boiler with suction cup (no chimney flue and not really want to put one that would eat up a lot of space).

What are the most suitable energies for this kind of boilers / stoves, I have that we can use pellet, wood (obviously it is possible now), etc ...

Knowing that we want, if possible, not to use fossil fuels and if possible find the best quality / price ratio.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/05/13, 12:00

As long as there is a fan for the burner (smoke evacuation pipe under pressure) I think you can take everything as energy ...

So there is only the wall gas boiler and log firewood which are not possible (although for the gas wall it may be) ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/05/13, 12:05

Flat !!!

1) pellets or other "wood": know that combustion gives off a gas which "smells" ... This limits ...

2) Pellets: if possible with certain boilers, beware. They have safety pressure switches (correct pressure in the fireplace). If the pressure rises or falls, this is interpreted as an anomaly, risk of fire and the boiler goes into default.

However, on a suction cup, a headwind can create pressure variations in the fireplace, despite the fan.

I totally recommend. [my heating engineer had proposed me; I preferred the tubing of my existing duct; 2 or 3 years later, he told me that he no longer did, for the reason mentioned]

There are some stoves that still do, some with a minimum vertical length ...

3) In these cases, I recommend the stainless steel tubing outside. This is done more and more. Is not so inelegant, finally question of taste. This cannot be discussed.
Last edited by Did67 the 23 / 05 / 13, 12: 06, 1 edited once.
0 x
Djudju
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Djudju » 23/05/13, 12:06

Thank you for your response Christophe.

I do not necessarily need a wall-mounted boiler, it just needs to be evacuated by a suction cup system (because the boiler / stove will be placed in the laundry room which cannot be equipped with a chimney system because polycarbonate roofing )
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/05/13, 12:10

Did67 wrote:Flat !!!

(...)

Effectively, everything depends on where the suction cup is placed, if it is on the dominant wind facade (logically "West at home" but the weather logic is less and less certain at the moment, see: https://www.econologie.com/forums/meteo-pour ... 12504.html)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/05/13, 13:04

if the only problem is a polycarbonate roof, it's easy to solve: replace the polycarbonate with sheet metal on a small area around the chimney

if you prefer to bring the chimney out of a wall it is not only the suction cup: it can be a real chimney flue which bends at the exit of the wall and rises as high as any chimney

the disadvantage of this kind of outdoor chimney was a bad draft because it remains too cold: with double wall stainless steel pipes with insulation this disadvantage disappears
0 x
Djudju
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Djudju » 23/05/13, 13:37

Thank you for your answers, I have a lot of new data to take into account in this project at once.
Because the full west orientation will surely cause problems for the suction cup system. For the chimney it may be complicated because it will be necessary that I go up a few meters (I think it is at least at the level of the house feast?) And suddenly it's not possible, it still remains the solution of the boiler room on the floor with casing. I will see with my heating engineer (when he comes back from vacation)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/05/13, 17:23

the principle of a vacuum boiler is that the air intake that enters the fireplace and the smoke outlet passes through the same hole: therefore a pressure of the wind on the facade does not disturb the draft

the same could be done with a completely sealed wood boiler, to put the air intake by a hole just next to the chimney
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/05/13, 19:35

chatelot16 wrote:the principle of a vacuum boiler is that the air intake that enters the fireplace and the smoke outlet passes through the same hole: therefore a pressure of the wind on the facade does not disturb the draft

That seems logical.

However, my heating engineer installed two or three condensing Okofen (the only ones for which the installation was not allowed) and as I wrote, he experienced untimely "failures" by storm and therefore since, advises against this installation .

I'm talking about pellet boilers.

So ????

[I think that the beginning of an explanation can be found in the fact that at the exit, a suction cup is not always "flat", that the suction is peripheral and the discharge in the center, if I do not abuse, and the center is longer, etc ... ???? it's just an idea]
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 23/05/13, 20:28

Hello

on a friend's pellet stove the outlet is in suction cup, and therefore horizontal outlet from the wall, balance sheet, he is forced to push the combustion blower for it to work well, therefore lower efficiency arff ...

Solution put an elbow and put a tube which goes up along the wall to correct the problem, I have not done it yet but it will come;), in my opinion 60 cm should be enough ...

So assessment I would say that for the pellet boiler it is the same thing, with the pir you put an exit with vane which directs the exit opposite of the arrival of the wind;) ... therefore no wind which returns in the tube live whatever the direction of the latter ...

In short, depending on the outlet configuration, it is necessary to adjust the ventilation power and if the limits have been reached and the efficiency has decreased because ventilation is too strong, it is necessary to act on the casing.

In any case, that's how I explain it to myself;) ...

And I could be sure when I change the output of my friend's stove and I would do performance measurements afterwards;) ...
so not right away though (whatever the weather ... arfff)

see you
0 x