Aerothermodynamic PAC?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
enka
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Aerothermodynamic PAC?

by enka » 18/02/13, 08:25

Hello,

I just heard about aerothermodynamic heat pumps whose principle is quite well explained in this video (commercial, but that explains the idea):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVZedG5W9Ns

To summarize: a fluid passes through an exchanger (a panel which allows the exchange with the calories of air, water ...). The fluid then passes to the gaseous state then is compressed to provide heat.

I know that an air / air heat pump is not necessarily the highest level of electricity consumption, especially when it is cold : Cheesy: . But suddenly, this aerothermodynamic system, is it great or not?

The thank you box
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 18/02/13, 10:41

Bof, if I understand correctly, it is an air-air heat pump using thermal solar panels as an exchanger.

When there is sun, it must be more efficient than the classic "radiator" exchanger, but in cloudy weather or at night :?:
0 x
enka
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enka » 18/02/13, 10:44

Gaston wrote:When there is sun, it must be more efficient than the classic "radiator" exchanger, but in cloudy weather or at night :?:

Precisely, it is this question of when there is no sun. Apparently the advantage of this system is that it would work even without the sun, just with the calories in the air. But is this really the case?

It doesn't seem too developed in France. Apparently it would be more common in England, but I don't find much info above.
0 x
enka
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enka » 18/02/13, 10:45

Gaston wrote:When there is sun, it must be more efficient than the classic "radiator" exchanger, but in cloudy weather or at night :?:

Precisely, it is this question of when there is no sun. Apparently the advantage of this system is that it would work even without the sun, just with the calories in the air. But is this really the case?
It doesn't seem too developed in France. Apparently it would be more common in England, but I don't find much info above.

edit: this is also called an aero-solar heating (a topic on forum de Futura-science
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 18/02/13, 11:05

enka wrote:Precisely, it is this question of when there is no sun. Apparently the advantage of this system is that it would work even without the sun, just with the calories in the air.
An exchanger that works "just with the calories in the air" is that of an air-air heat pump : Mrgreen:

The only question that arises is whether this geometry of the flat exchanger is better than that usually used.

I think that increasing the surface and removing forced ventilation is an advantage.
To be modulated by the higher complexity of the installation (instead of fixing a single block outside, several m² of sensors and the corresponding piping are required).
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 18/02/13, 11:42

It is an aerothermal heat pump, where the classic air exchanger (compact and with fan) has been replaced by an exchanger without fan.

- the fanless heat exchanger is much larger and more expensive
- it is less sensitive to frost
- it can catch the sun (a little)

To see depending on the price ... it would surprise me that it would be interesting.
0 x