Wood heating banned in Paris and IdF for 2015?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Wood heating banned in Paris and IdF for 2015?

by Christophe » 29/01/13, 22:06

Already mentioned in different subjects (because it seems to me that this was already the case in certain districts of Paris ...), chimney fires could soon be banned in Ile de France ... well, phew, that doesn't concerns that open homes... fortunately more and more rare!

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/1088801 ... -de-france

POLLUTION - They would pollute as much as diesel cars ...

The good old chimney fire will soon be just a memory that will be told near the heat pump. A prefectural decree plans to ban the use of open fireplaces in Ile-de-France by 2015, reports leparisien.fr.

These chimneys are in fact accused of massively polluting outdoor and indoor air: Airparif thus estimates, in a report published in November 2012 on the assessment of emissions and concentrations of air pollutants by 2020 in Ile-de-France, that "the emissions of atmospheric pollutants from the residential sector from the combustion of wood for main and auxiliary heating uses" are "the largest contributor to PM2,5 emissions (fine particles with a diameter of less than 2,5 micrometers ) ”With 4.100 tonnes per year. This corresponds to a third of the emissions in the Ile-de-France region. Chimneys also emit 4.200 tonnes of PM10 (fine particles with a diameter of less than 10 micrometers), or a quarter of regional emissions.

Cardiopulmonary risks and exacerbation of asthma

According to the different wood heating consumption scenarios studied by Airparif, banning open fireplaces in Ile-de-France as well as replacing old fireplaces with more efficient ones would make it possible to reduce emissions by 50% to 61% fine particles.

Such a measure, which would force the 125.000 owners of Ile-de-France open fireplaces to replace them with inserts or wood stoves, could considerably improve the health of the inhabitants of the region. Isabelle Momas, of Paris Descartes University, recalled in an editorial from the journal Atmospheric Pollution, Climate, Health, Society of November 2012 that "Ecological studies link the daily ambient concentrations of PM10 or PM2,5 and the daily workforce of cardiopulmonary deaths and hospital admissions to emergency departments. Individual studies combine exposure to particles and exacerbation or even occurrence of asthma, respiratory symptoms and reduced ventilatory performance ”. However, "we should not focus on hunting open fireplaces and let the wood particles hide the diesel forest," said Hélène Gassin, vice-president (EELV) of the Ile-de-France regional council.

Video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvg8e3 ... ement_tech

See as well: https://www.econologie.com/forums/chauffage- ... t7103.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/securite-d ... 10059.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/chauffage- ... t9111.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/01/13, 23:11

I am not convinced that the fireplace insert is much better than the open fire ... all depending on the wood you put in it

the radical solution would be a good recuperator of heat with water sprinkling, which recovers all the dust whether the hearth is open or closed, with a pellet log or all that burns

but as usual we do nothing for new solutions ... we just ban the one we consider the worst to favor another just a little less worse

it's like the blow of the diesel, we accuse the diesel of making too many particles ... the petrol make less but also do so ... so the only real solution is a good purification
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/01/13, 23:34

In Paris it's been a long time since wood heating has been prohibited, has it?
0 x
moulino51
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by moulino51 » 30/01/13, 00:13

Forhorse wrote:In Paris it's been a long time since wood heating has been prohibited, has it?

I had made the same reflection, but there it seems to concern only open fireplaces which pollute more because of imperfect combustion!

GS
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 30/01/13, 09:45

Open fireplaces that pollute more than inserts ??? I have doubts.
We take care of the wood fires but we let the industrialists reject the PCB or the dioxin for years sometimes without doing anything ... too bad for the farmers and the neighbors ....
And then who will go and check that there is a wood fire, special brigades? Municipal militias?
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/13, 10:23

Forhorse wrote:In Paris it's been a long time since wood heating has been prohibited, has it?

Yes in Paris intra muros this is what seemed to me to have read or heard one day ... but even Capt_Maloche, francilian of heart, did not know how to confirm this info ... so we can doubt ...

An open fireplace pollutes a little more than a modern stove, but it is above all its catastrophic performance that is the problem (and therefore its consumption and if during the heating season, it is necessary to burn 3 times more wood in the open hearth, the cumulative pollution with soot is necessarily at least 3 times greater than with an insert or stove ... cqfd )
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 30/01/13, 11:44

Christophe wrote:if during the heating season, you have to burn 3 times more wood in the open hearth, the cumulative pollution with soot is necessarily at least 3 times greater than with an insert or stove ... cqfd
I wonder what proportion of open fireplaces is still really used for heating in Paris.

In my opinion most of it is used as an "ambience" and lit a few dozen times in the winter in accommodation heated by other means.
0 x
Tagor
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Tagor » 30/01/13, 12:09

Christophe wrote:
Yes in Paris intra muros this is what seemed to me to have read or heard one day ... but even Capt_Maloche, francilian of heart, did not know how to confirm this info ... so we can doubt ...

It was forbidden, but it was reauthorized a few years ago
(About 4 or 5 years)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 30/01/13, 12:12

During the storm of December 1999 the town hall of Paris put announcements everywhere so that the inhabitants come to seek the fallen wood in the Parisian forests and the parks : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Tagor
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Tagor » 30/01/13, 12:31

Macro wrote:During the storm of December 1999 the town hall of Paris put announcements everywhere so that the inhabitants come to seek the fallen wood in the Parisian forests and the parks : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

that does not prevent that, intramuros, we were not
allowed to burn it in chimneys
0 x