oil boiler modified wood pellets: Ferroli kit

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
chris59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

oil boiler modified wood pellets: Ferroli kit

by chris59 » 07/11/12, 19:22

Hello

I modified my old oil boiler, I replaced the burner by a pellet burner ferroli.

I live in the north of France, as a means of heating I have an electric boiler 9 kw years 80, a heat pump 14 kw dedietrich, a fuel oil boiler dietrich (editable wood) and now pellet and to finish a PO 56 wamsler pellet fire.

You wonder why all this?

I have a meter EDF tempo, I used my electric boiler and when the current passed in red, I passed the fuel, there 3 years I said to myself as the state gives aids for the energies and that the boiler electric will have 30 years, I will make quotes to buy an electric boiler, my heating engineer my heat pump oriented (a little disappointed I should have bought a new electric boiler). I did well to leave the boiler electrical on the network when I'm in blue on Sunday and it is -15 it makes me a good opportunity to turn it on.

The problem was always changing the 22 oil days 1 €, its pu, polluted so I bought the kit Ferrioli. EDF has not yet put red day I have not done any big test is there anybody
who set up this system?

thank you in advance

0 x
Vive econologic
roy1361

by roy1361 » 07/11/12, 19:30

Hello,

How much did you pay for your kit and did you get it?

Thank you in advance.
0 x
chris59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by chris59 » 07/11/12, 20:07

Hello
I mounted it myself just expand the 140 burner hole instead of 100, a neutral phase and it is connected.

I have to look for the complications I made a hole in the wall to put the endless screw, otherwise it is enough to plunge it into a barrel

1275€

http://www.esc-grossiste.fr/boutique/59 ... es-pellets
0 x
Vive econologic
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 07/11/12, 21:21

where I'm scared is when I see Mark 12.3 power at 34.5 kw.
it means a priori that the mini power is 12.3kw. huge. In my home of 110m2 in isere my granulated boiler of 15kw max is almost always under half the power.
if you want continuous operation, you need small powers.

a wood fire does not start or stop as easily as oil.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/11/12, 23:29

When I spoke about this type of kit here, I was always told that it did not work top ... boiler design and fouling issue including ... to see so?

So I would be happy to have your return during the winter and after because it would also interest me to put one (on my oil boiler that I do not use but with pellets I will use more ...)

Question: pkoi do you have so many "boilers" at home? : Shock:
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 07/11/12, 23:45

Interesting in some cases, but an oil boiler is not planned for the recovery of residual ash.

I would like to know if the kit also works with shredded wood (wood chips) that are expensive months, and that we can manufacture even if we already own forests for firewood (chestnut, ash,. ..)
Last edited by jean.caissepas the 07 / 11 / 12, 23: 50, 1 edited once.
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/11/12, 23:45

he is right to have kept his boiler fuel ... he could never put a pelet in the electric boiler or the heat pump

I know too much who are scrambling to dismantle the boiler fuel when it replaces a hi tech stuff ... and when the thing is down it's a shame not to have the good old boiler to depanner
0 x
chris59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by chris59 » 08/11/12, 19:37

Hello
thank you all, his advanced schmilblic.

where I'm scared is when I see Mark 12.3 power at 34.5 kw.
it means a priori that the mini power is 12.3kw. huge. In my home of 110m2 in isere my granulated boiler of 15kw max is almost always under half the power.
if you want continuous operation, you need small powers.

a wood fire does not start or stop as easily as oil.

I understand what you mean, for the good it would take that the burner rotates all the time, I I connected to the control panel of the boiler, so if the temperature is reached (55 ° c) or the ambient thermostat cuts everything stops.

With circuit water at 15 ° C, 10 radiators a buffer tank of 200 the first use cold boiler after 25 minute the boiler has cut the burner the temperature of 55 ° c been reached.

Interesting in some cases, but an oil boiler is not planned for the recovery of residual ash.

I would like to know if the kit also works with shredded wood (wood chips) that are expensive months, and that we can manufacture even if we already own forests for firewood (chestnut, ash,. ..)

According to the guy it's burned at 99%, I'll tell you what, and according to the instructions we can burn some kernels and chips.

The principle is fuel that arrives through the top tube about 60 mm in diameter and flows directly into the burner tube diameter 140.

he is right to have kept his boiler fuel ... he could never put a pelet in the electric boiler or the heat pump

I know too much who are scrambling to dismantle the boiler fuel when it replaces a hi tech stuff ... and when the thing is down it's a shame not to have the good old boiler to depanner

At any time I can disassemble the granulated burner and mounted the fuel, I think in less than 30 minutes must do it. (I hope not to arrive)

the notice from the page 14 is in French

http://www.ferroli.fr/data/classes/prod ... 264_15.pdf
0 x
Vive econologic
chris59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

connection

by chris59 » 29/11/12, 17:31

Hello
EDF my days white I took the opportunity to test before the red days.

Yesterday I wanted to put it to the minimum in position 1 at 14KW (I said to myself like that the burner will ignite for a while and it will prevent untimely starts and stops) it worked for a while, after I had anomalies, "A01".

description of the A01 anomaly.

- Pellet tank (pellets) empty.
- Worm cable cut or disconnected.
- Resistance of the defective initiator.
-Fire burning head ': shock:'
- Pellet feed duct (pellets)
stuffy.

After several attempts I realized that after the first ignition phase the burner stopped.

Initially I thought it was due to a lack of pellet and therefore the burner stopped, then I thought it could come from my hookup.

So I increased the power I went to the 3 setting (25 kw) and I reviewed my connection.

I unplugged my room thermostat from the boiler control panel "made a shunt" I set the thermostat knob on the boiler control panel to 60 ° c so that the burner is always on and j 've set the burner integrated setpoint to 49 ° C.

It works properly since this morning but I have a lot of unwanted restart (buffer about 35 49 ° c).

Conclusion The connection of the room thermostat to the boiler control panel is to be avoided because it cuts off the power to the burner and therefore the burner cannot perform its cleaning step at the end of the heating cycle , AMHA which generates the error "A01" "Dirty combustion head".

On the other hand, I am novice in boiler, I would still connect my thermostat on the burner this time, but I am not on the branch, can you help me according to this plan. (I have my little idea but I would not like to influence)

Page 2 (51) of the doc below there is a button named "Override" I don't know what it is for and what it means?

Full record in French
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager3/1354205483bNkXsl.pdf

Thank you in advance
0 x
Vive econologic
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 29/11/12, 18:01

It should be "request contact" ...

chatelot16 wrote:I know too much who are scrambling to dismantle the boiler fuel when it replaces a hi tech stuff ... and when the thing is down it's a shame not to have the good old boiler to depanner

We still have the old coal boiler early 20th century : Mrgreen: who also walks with wood, practical in case of power failure ...
0 x