Thermal bench without veranda

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
kae

Thermal bench without veranda

by kae » 07/10/12, 17:22

Hello,

Not having the means to build a veranda, I thought I would try to benefit from the solar contribution in winters with a thermal accumulator like thermal bench in a glass chest, on wheels.

In the evening, the hot accumulator would have returned inside to diffuse its heat.

Is it a far-fetched idea, should you do it with 1) a commercial solar collector, 2) stone or 3) cimen + water bottles? Anyway, what do you think?

The idea would be to capture the heat with a device <50 € compared to the installation of a south-facing veranda and 100 times more expensive which in my house would heat too much in the summer.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 07/10/12, 17:32

the principle is not stupid, except that to store heat you need a heavy mass, so to transport every day you will have a hard time.

am well leboncoin, there are often veranda really cheap to disassemble.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
kae

by kae » 07/10/12, 17:35

The mass with good casters can go up to 200kg in my opinion. How to calculate how much kwh would store this "little" thing?

Thanks for the leboncoin tip!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/10/12, 17:37

Not wacky, but you need a good solar thermal collector and a good body of water or isolated earth to keep this heat for 8 hours !!!

Close to the ton, or even more, as for a mass stove, it is hotter.

To be calculated according to the needs of the house !!
see thermal diffusivity and heat conduction on wikipedia !!

It is simpler to use tons of concrete from the house to keep the heat.
Last edited by dedeleco the 07 / 10 / 12, 17: 38, 1 edited once.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 07/10/12, 17:37

yes, 200 kg to roll on tiling ok, on the other hand, you don't have a door bottom?
or a short walk?
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/10/12, 17:41

kae wrote:The mass with good casters can go up to 200kg in my opinion. How to calculate how much kwh would store this "little" thing?

Thanks for the leboncoin tip!

mass of what? water 4 times more than clay!

How much heated ??

see the values ​​on wikipedia diffusivity or econology, moreover to isolate well.
0 x
kae

by kae » 07/10/12, 17:44

And yes I have a thin door bottom 3 cm high, but we can make a wooden step to pass it.

By cons yes I see the weight of mass stoves, 800kg ...

But I make my sensor, so I can make 4 sensors of 3m by 30cm to have 200kg to enter at once for example. And also start a lot smaller, at 50kg and see "if that works".

If the heat is not returned in 8h but in 4h, it will already be won (the thermostat of the boiler will do the rest after) even if it is not completely out of phase.
0 x
kae

by kae » 07/10/12, 17:50

Mass of what? Well now that we have defined the limits (200kg) I am asking precisely what material would be best able to capture and store.

I found : http://gilbert.cabasse.free.fr/bricolag ... miques.htm

Or have seen that water has the highest heat capacity. I would prefer to use a solid rather than a liquid so as not to flood my house with my experience ... To find the best material and if we multiply the "Heat capacity" by the density of everything that has a heat capacity> 1000 ?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/10/12, 17:51

start much smaller, at 50kg and see "if that works".

it will work with little not long, but good method to identify the problems of sensors, exchangers and insulation.

Duration grows like the tiller, volume ratio stored on loss surfaces.

On the internet there are already people who have done similar.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/10/12, 17:55

kae wrote:Mass of what? Well now that we have defined the limits (200kg) I am asking precisely what material would be best able to capture and store.

I found : http://gilbert.cabasse.free.fr/bricolag ... miques.htm

Or have seen that water has the highest heat capacity. I would prefer to use a solid rather than a liquid so as not to flood my house with my experience ... To find the best material and if we multiply the "Heat capacity" by the density of everything that has a heat capacity> 1000 ?

read diffusivity on wikipedia and heat exchange !!

Clay, rocks, cement, are about 4 times less than water.

If heated from 20 ° C to 56 ° C (36 ° C more) we store very around 10KWh per tonne approximately, with clay and almost everything that is usual around the KJ / kg, or 2,5 to 3 Kgp of burnt wood in insert.
0 x