Problem Ökofen Pellematic and granules.

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Yann70
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Problem Ökofen Pellematic and granules.

by Yann70 » 04/06/12, 21:05

Hello everyone and thank you for reading this POST,

I have just purchased a detached house equipped with an 15 Ökofen Pellematic S2006 pellet boiler.

I allow myself to post on this forum because I encounter some difficulties with this installation.

Since our arrival in the house, the boiler only works for the production of domestic hot water.

The first problems started when we noticed a significant smoke release at the chimney. Fearing a chimney fire for a moment, we finally found that this smoke was caused by incandescent ashes that burned in the stainless steel connection and at the bottom of the flue.

Following this first problem, I proceeded to the complete cleaning of the boiler:

- sweeping the stainless steel fitting that was bistré (the flue is clean)
- cleaning the ashtray
- cleaning the combustion chamber
- disassembly and cleaning of the flame tube
- disassembling and brushing the fireplace with a wire brush
- lubrication of the chains and bearings at the level of the feed mechanism

Everything worked well for 5 days, I regularly monitored the fireplace and the ashtray until I found that the ashtray was full of unburned pellets (filled in 2 days).

So I carefully followed each start of the boiler and I noticed that sometimes the pellets do not light and the screw then push pellets continuously without them ignite.

I brought the installer who doubts the quality of pellets which I do not actually know the origin. There remains about 1,5T that have been supplied by the previous occupants.

After an absence of 2 days, I started the boiler today. During the first start-up, a fault appeared on the "Fault th mot int" display accompanied by the lighting of the red LED. This defect disappeared without me pressing any button.

During subsequent 2 starts, the pellets did not ignite and the screw pushed continuous granules which fell directly into the ashtray.

The pellets finally turned on at the third start. I specify that between each start, I cut the boiler to restart a sequence of ignition.

Also, I ask myself several questions:

1. even if the quality of the pellets is involved, is it normal for the boiler to pellet continuously if the fire does not ignite?

2. The defect encountered is not listed in the manual, do you know what it corresponds to?

3. Is it normal that the defect has disappeared without having been paid?

Thank you in advance for your help.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/06/12, 21:25

I brought the installer

it is not normal that the installer can not answer these basic questions and therefore he does not know his installation.
0 x
Yann70
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Yann70 » 05/06/12, 21:43

I continued my investigations and think to have found a beginning of answer at least on the point 1.
If I understand the operation of the boiler, it does not have an optical sensor that can see if the fire has taken in the home but the controller uses the smoke temperature measurement to find out if the smoke is hot.
So I went into the parameters of the boiler to control after 13h total shutdown, so we can consider that the boiler was cold and there are 2 parameters that appeal to me:

- P106 (smoke temperature) = 56 ° C, this seems abnormally high for a "cold" boiler, especially as the boiler temperature (P105) was at 31 ° C and the card temperature (P109) was at 22 ° C
- P130 (ignition smoke temp) = 50 ° C, according to the manual this is the minimum flue gas temperature calculated by the controller
is necessary to go beyond the ignition process.

So concretely, I have the impression that the temperature indicated by the probe is wrong (too high) and moreover higher than the minimum threshold which allows to go beyond the process. Hence the fact that it feeds the fireplace pellets without the fireplace is lit and without indicating a fault because the automaton has the impression that the fire took because P106 is greater than P130.

I think I can start looking for a smoke temperature probe. FYI, it had a resistance of 1266 ohms at an ambient temperature of 22 ° C if we rely on the temperature of the card (P109).
0 x
Yann70
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Yann70 » 19/09/13, 17:03

The answer is a little late but I wanted to point out that the replacement of the smoke temperature probe has solved my problem.
FYI, this probe was provided to me by the SARL Forest Chauff in PERUGIA (90) for a price of 41,86 € TTC.

Kind regards.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/13, 17:06

thank you for the answer :)
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 20/09/13, 11:30

I had the opposite problem: temperature probe which returns a value a little too low, sometimes triggering the "flame failure" safety.
I have solved the problemby connecting a resistance of 22ohms in series with the probe. the displayed temperature has therefore increased by approximately 5 ° C.
more problems
0 x
Click my signature