Air inlet via the contour of the roller shutter box

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
GreG2MarS13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Air inlet via the contour of the roller shutter box

by GreG2MarS13 » 14/02/12, 16:45

Hello,

I was wondering about the fact that my apartment is particularly cold and I noticed that by running my hand around the interior PVC shutters of rolling shutters that I felt air passing between the chest and the wall in places.
I wanted to know if it was normal on this kind of installation knowing that it is a residence just built?

Thanks for your help
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 14/02/12, 19:25

Hi, welcome here.

it is a frequent defect, arm yourself with a silicone gun, you can check the plinths, the elec sockets, the angles, ...

RT 2012 will make it compulsory to carry out infiltrometry tests, or at least you will make it enter the minds of artisans that air leaks are waste of cash.

if the apartment is yours, you can make one all by yourself tinkering with a blower door with an industrial fan and a nightclub smoke machine, also with a beehive smoker.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
GreG2MarS13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GreG2MarS13 » 14/02/12, 19:37

Thank you very much antoinet111! Can I go back to the promoter? I got the keys in September.

In addition, it comes out of the air from the holes of the electrical sockets on the window side as well as the TV socket. How to cure it ?
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 14/02/12, 20:45

Welcome to the world of French construction ...

So already you cannot turn against the promoter, there is currently no obligation of result on airtightness.
Even if it is true that for RT2012, there is an obligation of result I doubt that it fundamentally changes things for several reasons:
The system set up for promoters or large construction structure, will not control all constructions but only a sample (1 in 10), which will not be chosen at random but chosen by the promoter. We can therefore think that there will be only one in 10 houses really waterproof.
It is very hard to determine which trade to degrade the sealing.
Adherence sealing (putty) has a lifespan of a few years, after which it is no longer waterproof. There are products that make a compression seal (compriband) but it is very expensive so few carpenters do it.

In your case you can plug the interstices with silicone and acrylic sealant for the roller shutters.
For the takes you can start to cry. I imagine that you are in the case of interior insulation, so in fact it's all the insulating lining that is "ventilated" so the performance is very reduced. You can ultimately remove the sockets and inject PU foam through one of the holes in the box. 9a will not solve the problem of the ventilated insulation lining but at least there will be no more drafts inside.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 14/02/12, 22:33

as our friend said very well, on the side of the buzzman, it's fucked up, it's his job to do as much as possible to inflate the margins.

as apart is yours, I come back to my initial idea if you really want to get rid of leaks.
you make your own blowerdoor, empirically, it works, you will not have the leakage loss measures, but visually, you will find the leaks.
smoke pencil too, but it's a little expensive for my stingy tastes.
0 x

dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Air intake via contours of the roller shutter box

by dedeleco » 15/02/12, 01:01

GreG2MarS13 wrote:Hello,

I was wondering about the fact that my apartment is particularly cold and I noticed that by running my hand around the interior PVC shutters of rolling shutters that I felt air passing between the chest and the wall in places.
I wanted to know if it was normal on this kind of installation knowing that it is a residence just built?

Thanks for your help

Coming from being built to what standard ???

Normally even if there is a small leak, you don't feel the air leak on one hand, otherwise a big leak, worthy of construction from the 70s and not 2005 and more !!!
Frightening on new from 2011 !!.
The cracks must be huge between the wall and the trunk or the trunk without any insulation, its shutter and the opening, recovered from a demolition of the 70s ?????

It is necessary to dismantle the trunk, to insulate it by doubling it and to rest with sealing on a bay adapted to the current standards and not those of 1970 !!

Ask the manufacturer to correct as part of the perfect completion with force, because unacceptable at this level in 2011.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 15/02/12, 09:11

you know Dede, the standards, the builders are wanking unfortunately, when you see the number of houses with sliding windows, it's sad ...
0 x

GreG2MarS13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GreG2MarS13 » 15/02/12, 18:23

Thank you all for all your very useful opinions. I have written to make a claim under the completion guarantee and will keep you informed of the response.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 15/02/12, 18:54

don't forget us.
0 x

GreG2MarS13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GreG2MarS13 » 15/02/12, 19:34

not promised because I specify that I posted this message on 3 others forums found on search engine in the same theme and that I had no answer on the others. You were the only ones to answer and I owe you that.
Out of curiosity, the interstices are clogged by the inside of the box or the outside because, for example, in the bedroom, the chest is in the left corner and there are only two cm between the wall and the chest where you can feel fresh air if you slip your hand into it.
0 x