Overconsumption pellet boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
nico14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Overconsumption pellet boiler

by nico14 » 20/01/12, 20:03

Hello I installed a 24kw opop boink pellet boiler for my house of 100m square, a longhouse the boiler is at the end all on one level, my consumption is 6T5 while we had predi 4T. sum ds north west so cool temperature. Another heating engineer advises me to put a 500 liter buffer tank because my installer has made many adjustments and seems to be lost, he begins to tell me that this is normal, that in thought you, thank you for your answers.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Overconsumption of pellet boiler

by dirk pitt » 20/01/12, 20:08

nico14 wrote:Hello, I installed a 24kw opop boink pellet boiler for my 100 square meter house.

already there, I think you said everything.
24kw for 100m in the north west of France.
strong presumption of oversizing.

what were you heated before? what power and what annual consumption?
0 x
Click my signature
nico14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico14 » 20/01/12, 21:47

Thank you, I was in fuel oil, 2000l.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Overconsumption of pellet boiler

by dedeleco » 20/01/12, 23:21

dirk pitt wrote:
nico14 wrote:Hello, I installed a 24kw opop boink pellet boiler for my 100 square meter house.

already there, I think you said everything.
24kw for 100m in the north west of France.
strong presumption of oversizing.

what were you heated before? what power and what annual consumption?

Strong certainty. at random, 15KW should be enough, even less, but to check with great care, because the houses are different.
See similar link:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/quels-reco ... 11430.html
It is good to know how much fuel per year ????
Which will indicate how many KWh / m2an ?? 200 = 2000l of fuel per year very approximately ??
which gives about 4T of pellets?
The 6T, 5 of pellets correspond to more than 3T of fuel per year before, is that the case ????
isolated house how? 1970s to 1980s ???
Installed how.
Are you too hot? over 20 ° C easily ???
especially currently very sweet ??
Do you have any idea where the excess heat goes?
'Cause she has to go somewhere, the minimum power is 1/3 of the maximum of 24KW, or 8KW and with the current mild weather you must exceed 25 ° C approaching 30 ° C ?????

Otherwise, if your house is really poorly insulated, at more than 200 to 300KWh / m2an, the main thing is to insulate it much better, roof spaces and walls first.

The buffer tank will not work miracles with an oversized boiler.
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 21/01/12, 10:13

Hello,
-I have a 5/15 kW pellet boiler for 120 (sometimes 135) m2 in Lorraine (minimum temperature for calculations -15 °). 4T consumption instead of 2L of fuel oil.
-24kW for you, it is at random twice too much ... and again ...
- I have a buffer tank, that solves the problem of small repetitive cycles (probable cause, among other things, of over-consumption) but not that of excess power and consumption which goes with:
Driving with a 15T when a van is enough.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 21/01/12, 13:43

Same, I have a 25kW which heats 300m² without problem with ceiling heights ranging from 2,3 to 4,8m (1000m3 in total) and far from perfect insulation.
Oversizing is therefore major and probably the cause of a large part of your worries.

So I only see two possibilities:
- ideally, require and obtain a change of the boiler by the installer. A power of 10 to 15kW should be more than enough.
- if not possible, adding a buffer tank, but not 500L. In my opinion, it would take 2000 or 3000L (or more?) To absorb, store and then gradually redistribute the excess calories produced by your boiler.
cordially
0 x
nico14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico14 » 21/01/12, 18:19

I am in double glazing and I insulated my ceiling between the ground floor and the 1st by 6cm of TMS plus over 10cm of cellulose wadding, alone but the walls are not thick in stone. This is a house from the 70s. at 20degre.pour é é to change the boiler I fear that they do not agree, that with the balloon of 500L I had trouble then you thought for more.I emphasize that later I would have 70M more square to the floor for the rooms. Thank you for this information.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/01/12, 18:52

nico14 wrote:I am in double glazing and I insulated my ceiling between the ground floor and the 1st by 6cm of TMS plus over 10cm of cellulose wadding, alone but the walls are not thick in stone. This is a house from the 70s. at 20degre.pour é é to change the boiler I fear that they do not agree, that with the balloon of 500L I had trouble then you thought for more.I emphasize that later I would have 70M more square to the floor for the rooms. Thank you for this information.

Walls in which stones of what thickness ??
Double glazing hardly changes anything in terms of heat loss.
isolated roof spaces.
So about a little less than 200KWh / m2an with a ladle, 20 ° C, but therefore the excess heat from your pellets goes somewhere outside, (about 1/3 more !!! from 6,5T on 4T)), without realizing it ?????????????

Essential to determine the big mistake.

Earth or vacuum connection pipes, poorly insulated or damp insulating ?? absurd ventilation ??? hole in the insulation or wide open chimney?
boiler without insulation ???
?????????
0 x
nico14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico14 » 21/01/12, 20:18

The weak point is the chimney at the end of the house, even during the day it is lit so rather a plus and at night the room is closed the room thermostat not being in this room. They installed the 500L tank at the start of February. I'm not sure that in the countries of the east all the houses have an insulation at the top level and yet those the remain reasonable in consumption. I find the invoice salty and not very profitable compared to the fuel oil.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/01/12, 20:34

nico14 wrote:The weak point is the chimney at the end of the house, even during the day it is lit so rather a plus and at night the room is closed the room thermostat not being in this room. They installed the 500L tank at the start of February. I'm not sure that in the countries of the east all the houses have insulation at the top level and yet those remain reasonable in consumption. I find the bill salty and not very profitable compared to fuel oil.

not clear at the thermal level, the heat goes where ???

It seems like 1/3 of the heat with pellets goes outside without heating, compared to fuel oil, and the balloon will not solve anything, if you can't find where this 1/3 more heat is lost with the pellets ????
With fuel oil you lost less, 1/3 less, the heat leak must be enormous, and the balloon which serves to dampen the variations, will not solve anything in the overall balance sheet.

Do you have hot heating pipes in a crawl space or a cold room where 1/3 of heat would be lost more than before with permanent operation with pellets instead of very intermittent with fuel oil ???

Try to learn a minimum about heat, to identify you clearly and at least give us clear, precise information.

Your installer seems to understand no more than you do.
0 x