Is my insulation correct? Please help

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Is my insulation correct? Please help

by sebarmageddon » 16/11/11, 13:48

my room is under roof,
the bottom of my room is at the level of a wall (storey house) about 1m20
the top of the room is the underside of the roof, with wooden frame
the house is very old, it already existed in 1920, the outer walls are in stone which are large block of rectangular stone about 40cm high 80cm long and 25cm thick

- the bottom of the room is insulated with plasterboards on which there is thick 5cm polystyrene
- the top under the roof is 10 wool or 15 thick cm between the woods of the frame, and placoplatres plates were fixed on metal rails, themselves fixed on the wood of the frame.
- part of the ceiling of my room is flat, and is also insulated with green wool in what I would call the attic

last year, I made an addition on all that
after fixing half a chevron horizontally on the wall (pieces of 4cm thick wood on 6cm wide I think), between these, I put 60cm wide rock wool panels on 1m20 long I believe
then on the half herringbone I placed at regular distance pieces of paneling boards
then on these paneling boards, I laid the paneling

I have not yet put the heater on, currently my computer is enough to warm the room, of course it is off when I sleep,
the door of my room is usually closed during the day to keep the heat in my room, I open it if I'm hot
at night the door is always closed, which keeps the temperature in the room
when I leave my room, I feel the difference in temperature, the rest of the house having only the basic insulation (the one mentioned above)

heating the house is gas, oil boiler in which the oil burner was replaced by a gas burner one to two years ago

for a moment, the evening before going to bed I note the temperatures
that night it's cold outside
At 2 I had 20 ° in my room, outside there was 3 °
at 10 hours, 18 ° in my room and 3 ° - 4 ° outside

what do you think of the temperature drop at night?
what do you think of the computer that is enough to heat the room?
according to you, is my insulation good?

here for the pavement
thanks for the answers
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/11/11, 17:35

Pictures ?

It's not just the computer that releases heat energy into a room. The occupants also ... and it is not negligible!

Mebon, difficult to pronounce without a table in which would be raised the temperatures ... (int + ext on 24h00 and average over several days ...)

But of course the result seems already excellent ... but in this type of construction, blunder to thermal bridges and the development of condensation, then proliferation of mold ... Because these constructions originally, had not been intended to function as "passive houses" ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/11/11, 18:19

To read, the insulation is better than formerly in this old house, and I suspect that the heat of the floor below comes through the floor and warm up quite a bit ????
Even the adjoining walls are enough to heat each other between houses or apartment, especially in stones (or concrete) good conductors of heat (limestone, marble granite).

The test: what temperature if the computer is shut down someday ??
Or replaced by a 40W laptop instead of 400W ??
What is the temperature of the soil.
0 x
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 16/11/11, 22:14

But of course the result seems already excellent ... but in this type of construction, blunder to thermal bridges and the development of condensation, then proliferation of mold ... Because these constructions originally, had not been intended to function as "passive houses" ...

for thermal bridges, I can not say what it is, maybe a thermal camera would help her for that, but hey

To read, the insulation is better than formerly in this old house, and I suspect that the heat of the floor below comes through the floor and warm up quite a bit ????
Even the adjoining walls are enough to heat each other between houses or apartment, especially in stones (or concrete) good conductors of heat (limestone, marble granite).

The test: what temperature if the computer is shut down someday ??
Or replaced by a 40W laptop instead of 400W ??
What is the temperature of the soil.

oh yes, it's true that there ...

two sides of my room forming a corner are under roof and corner of house so, another side is a wall that separates my room from a room that will be called pallier, I did not put anything on that side, the door of my room doing ch1er, the hinges being at maybe two cm of this wall ...
the last side separates my room from that of my parents, it is through this wall that I began to isolate my room, tired of not being able to sleep, this side is also isolated with panels of rockwool, and paneling

under my bedroom is the bathroom, wc, the ceiling is made of plasterboard fixed under the beams,

on the beams there are some kinds of big board (particle board I think) it has to make 2cm thick

on these large boards there are green "Wood fiber underlayment" panels, stuff like that
http://www.castorama.fr/store/Sous-couc ... navCount=4

on the green underlay wood fiber panels, there are two layers of a white stuff that looks like a not-so-thick blanket (wadding?)

and finally, there is wool carpet that must be this one
http://www.castorama.fr/store/Moquette- ... ction=jump

my computer consumes less than 125Watts at rest (ie on the net) because I reduced the consumption of some component with programs made for
I do not have a laptop
my computer is almost always lit, but can you specify how to take the temperature? 1 day ordi lit, I read the temperatures, then 2 day I do not turn it on, and 3 day when I get up, I take the temperature?

So, I have to rest some questions:
- the bathroom (or another room in contact with my room) should not it be hotter than my room, because it is not the case, it is cooler than my room?
- how to know the temperature of the soil?

I do not dare to imagine the disaster that this house must be with a thermal camera ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/11/11, 15:32

It looks a bit like what I did in my daughter's room. the black dot is the skylight or I can not do anything effective at cheap.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 29/11/11, 00:57

my problem is difficult to correct now, since I live with my parents,
it's my room of course, and that's what allowed me to isolate some parts of the walls,
but other things are not feasible:
- fill the empty spaces between the beams under my room, it would involve unraveling the carpet, the kind of fabric, the green insulation, the floor, not to mention transfer some of the insulation that I redid since this one is above the boards ...
- isolate the wall between my room and the palliate, the door of my room genant, or so, I would have to make a lower thickness at this door

I did as I could, lack of pot, I did it anyhow when I think about it,
1 - isolation between my room and that of my parents
2 - insulation of the sides of my room whose walls are in contact with the outside
3 - laying paneling (no insulation ...) between my room and a small corridor
4- ceiling insulation
the annerie that I did is that to undo the 1 insulation, you must turn the insulation N ° 2, 3, 4 ...

velux, let's talk about this dirty rot, the roof is in slate, the velux protrudes much on the roof, as these dung could not be stacked at the level of the roof, well embedded in it, because there, there must have a lot of heat loss in this area, not only by the glass, but also by the sides of the velux
in the morning I get up, I put the sponge on the glass, because it's full of moisture on the glass
for the interior insulation, I made a paneled chest that I just had to put in the hole under the velux, around this chest, I put foam expansive, but I do not know if that it has returned everywhere, the insulation of the velux is really bad to do

finally, here I think I have come to the limits of what I can do
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/11/11, 08:50

It is double glazed, at least your velux?

For bottom insulation, is it necessary? In fact, you recover the heat of the room below. The underside is inscribed only rooms located above a cold room, for example a cellar or a garage.
Even if your parents do not heat up, their ceiling is 17-18 °
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 29/11/11, 17:54

yes, the velux is a double glazing

also insulating the underside of my room, it would have a well insulated room,
because there, I'm not sure at all that the bathroom does not transmit some of its heat to my room if I come to open the velux when 0 ° outside
note that the insulation between the bathroom and my bedroom would also act on the sound
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/11/11, 18:28

Of course, if the orgasms of your girlfriend wake up mom and dad ....

branch on the subject:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/l-orgasme- ... 11303.html

: Mrgreen:
0 x
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 02/12/11, 17:43

naughty canaillou :D , nothing to do with a girlfriend I do not have
the insulation between my room and that of my parents, it's because of the snoring that I could not stand anymore
and again ... I should have put a greater thickness of rock wool, currently I have only 4.5cm, which has already attenuated the noise
but hey, the problem is that the walls are paper in this house, no sound insulation between the rooms
0 x