Which heating system for BBC home?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...

What preferred heating mode for BBC / underfloor heating?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Which heating system for BBC home?

by pb2488 » 27/05/11, 08:05

Hello,

As part of the construction project for my house, I wonder about the heating mode.

For the moment, I have several quotes in vertical geothermal energy (around 25000 €) including the heat pump, drilling, installation, integral underfloor heating, thermodynamic DHW, in short all inclusive to heat around 145 m².

Is it the best choice?
And above all, what are the good PAC brands? (WAWIN, HAUTEC, SOFATH)

Cdlt
0 x
"The truth can not be defined as the majority opinion:
The truth is what follows from the observation of facts. "
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 27/05/11, 10:29

So?
0 x

tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

bbc house heating

by tigrou_838 » 27/05/11, 10:57

hi, just a question going through,

on a bbc house, normally there is almost no need for heating, just a wood stove for example is enough, and you tell us about geothermal energy, heat, etc ...

or else I no longer know what a bbc house is.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/11, 11:10

Hey calmos! Are you in such a hurry? Bravo for your project!

Then it depends if you talk about low meter consumption or low primary energy consumption :D and whether or not you want to continue funding nuclear ...

For me the most economical solution for heating is wood (logs or pellets which has the advantage of automation) supplemented by a small solar thermal installation for DHW and obviously all with an interesting climate, c is to say direct solar. If recent house and well insulated and well designed (that's BBC right?) Not worth the central heating: air conditioning and central pellet stove is enough!

Possibly a small reversible aerothermal cap (4 to 5kW of heat) for the off season to avoid starting the wood stove! I saw one yesterday at 189 € at brico depot !!

Frankly putting a geothermal heat pump on a BBC house is rubbish! The investment is far too high compared to the needs!

The CAP at 25 € + annual bill of 000 € + maintenance (500 €?) Per year + limited lifespan ... don't let anyone talk to me about an "economical" solution ... and free energy "... they're just hucksters!

Compare with 1 or 2 quality pellet stove (s) including 1 with DHW + 6 to 8 m² of solar thermal for 4 to 5 months of summer without heating and you have it all for less than € 10 (and I see it wide) with a global impact and CO000 less important than with the CAP and with roughly the same annual invoice ... (see less)

Can we see the house plans?

Good climate control is more than just the type of heating!

You are lucky enough to be able to build, so do not deprive yourself of being demanding on air conditioning and insulation, even if it means shifting the budget for the "heating" item to the insulation !!

So take care of your air conditioning and insulation before asking yourself the question of the type of heating. A geothermal heat pump at 25k € in a house to build so well insulated on RT2005 or more, it just doesn't make sense in my opinion ...

tigrou_838 wrote:hi, just a question going through,

on a bbc house, normally there is almost no need for heating, just a wood stove for example is enough, and you tell us about geothermal energy, heat, etc ...

or else I no longer know what a bbc house is.

Written response at the same time, +1

bp, in your survey must therefore be added: air conditioning and additional wood / solar heating :)

Otherwise I don't vote, na!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 27/05/11, 13:34

: Arrow: I voted "pellets", but Christophe summed up the question perfectly. +1 to 100%

My bay windows on the south-facing living room offer me more than 12m² of direct solar contribution, enough to heat the whole house as soon as there is a ray of sunshine in winter.
It is even uncomfortable because it is so hot.

I am installing a Double Flux CMV to distribute calories throughout the house.

It would only fail to improve the thermal and hydrometric inertia.
: Idea:

That said, I am quite in favor of the water heating floor which opens up many perspectives (any heat generator can be connected to it, in particular in electricity-heat cogeneration) despite its high price, but requires a ceiling height of at least 2m70 (IMHO).
0 x
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 27/05/11, 13:54

0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/11, 14:13

Yes and so? What is this answer? We give you a detailed and personalized sales pitch and you despise us by swinging us 3 links found in 2 seconds on google ???

No but!! Do you think we don't know what the BBC label is? : Shock:

Here is the 1st gift: comparison of BBC standards, passive house, RT2005

Comparative document: https://www.econologie.com/labels-energe ... -4213.html

ou Comparative table BBC, Effinergie, RT2005 ...

Take a good look at the column of primary energy weights !!

If you don't care about our advice, well install your PAC (of € m rd €) if you want ... you may have too much money to invest to be able to fatten EDF and the manufacturers of PAC?

A COPA heat pump lower than 2.58 is not interesting in primary energy balance! Worse, according to Effinergie compared to wood, there should be a COPA CAP 2.58 / 0.6 = 4.3 with the same useful energy so that the CAP is interesting in kWh EP !!

A CAP of COPA 4.3 is already very rare but taking the passive Masson figure, this PAC / wood coefficient soars to 2.7 / 0.2 = 13.5 of COPA !!

A CAP of COPA 13.5 ca just does not exist!

In 2 minutes, here is a reasoning that puts black and white the ecological and energy swindle that represents geothermal energy powered by a non-renewable source compared to wood!

After we understand that commercially, Edf want to promote heat pumps instead of oil or firewood ... must pay the vacation centers of their privileged and retired! (Edf 1st real estate developer in France, hey yes ...)

Here is the 2nd gift: a "heat pump" with solar buffer and gas supplement.
In your place I would study this solution seriously because here we have a real good econologically efficient solution!
0 x
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 27/05/11, 14:46

Why are you attacking me, I'm not contemptuous !!! ???
You talk to me about insulation in your first post: A bbc house is already very efficient in terms of insulation and infiltrometry (even if we can do better).
My builder takes care of the construction and the insulation (block in expanded clay ball + 120 mm of polystyrene for the walls, TMS 80 on the ground, 40 cm of cellulose wadding in the attic, double glazing 4-16- 4 argon / warm edge).
He took the heating out of the price for me to deal directly with the heating engineers. On the other hand, the bbc label limits me the choices of heating modes and I want an integral floor heating (madam wishes).
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/11, 14:52

If you are (but you may not realize it ...)!

Balancing these 3 links like that, without any explanation when we took the trouble to answer you in detail, it is basically just taking us for idiots who do not know what the BBC label is ... C ' is "kindergarten psychology" ... that even I know (and yet I'm not really a psychologist or diplomat, you know that!)

It is precisely because we know what it is that we immediately told you that a geothermal heat pump at 25000 € is nonsense for a BBC !!

It's not because BBC is well insulated that you can't take better care of the insulation to achieve something between BBC and passive ...

All the better, all this allowed me to prove via another method and black on white, that geothermal energy is an ecological scam ... : Idea:

Look at the Vaillant link!
0 x
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 27/05/11, 15:02

The pellet boiler is not much cheaper: Around -8000 € (In fact, the price of drilling). Reliability level, it should not be better (there is a whole bunch of moving mechanical parts), you need the chimney flue with its maintenance, you have to fill up with granule.
In short, not easy to decide ...

PS: 25000 € (actually closer to 20000), that's any included: heating for 145m² with underfloor heating + DHW. The CAP (approximately COP4.6) in there is approximately € 10000.
0 x