Exterior Insulation Ytong Multipor or Siporex (in 06)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
EcoWatt_User
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Exterior Insulation Ytong Multipor or Siporex (in 06)

by EcoWatt_User » 12/04/11, 19:03

Bonjour à tous

I own a house brick 1973, the Maritime Alps. Summer rather warm, but winter pretty cool (freezing at night) and a lot of humidity, since I have a stream along the ground

For a short time I got the idea to remake the exterior insulation, rather than plasterboard + glass wool as 90% renovations here. Mainly to avoid losing the place inside and avoid thermal bridges and mold bottom of plasterboard plates.

That said, I am forced to be on a ground very steep, so on one of the sections of wall, everything will be done to scale. And I do not have the road leading to my house, so the gear should be easily transportable and lightweight rather to ask

Knowing that I don't have any bigger reserves of money, I planned to do it "by section", that is to say a section of wall from time to time

A friend who does not know much kindly suggested the external dubbing ciporex. I think it is better that I continue to inform me me ^^

By finding this, I realize that depending on the construction, the region, the choices change. So I was wondering if some of you want to give me their opinions and ideas about different solutions that could be applied to my case
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/04/11, 01:04

EcoWatt_User wrote:A friend who does not know much kindly suggested the external dubbing ciporex.
The Siporex is a cellular concrete.
It degrades if it is exposed to bad weather. I know a house in Siporex that has not been coated and gives the visual appearance of the cut stone (especially since the joints are in diamond point). But the walls of this house are protected from the rain by important front eaves and a regular water repellent treatment.

In short, why not aerated concrete if it is adequately protected.
However, check that this solution is more competitive than "classic" exterior insulation.
The prize must be weighted by the coeficient R obtained and the energy gain to calculate the return on investment rescpectifs.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/11, 01:22

+ 1 for cellular concrete and weather, very sensitive to water especially in freezing!

Spirorex, ytong and aerated concrete is the same!

If it isolates, it's not a real insulation in the strict sense, in the best case a lambda is therefore 0.16 4 times worse than a conventional insulator (0.04) so be 4 times more thick that a conventional insulator! And there it will be expensive ... and as it is a building material, insulation do with it is a bit to jam in pigs but some actually do ... but in this case, do the same an extension to the house because there will already 1 3 of the walls! :D :D

Numbers here: https://www.econologie.com/isolation-pou ... -3474.html compared to:

https://www.econologie.com/isolation-lam ... -3478.html et
https://www.econologie.com/isolation-pou ... -3477.html

Otherwise in ITE, the urban planning code does not do what you want ... from an aesthetic point of view! So check before what he is permitted to do ...
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 13/04/11, 08:40

Christophe wrote:this is not a real insulation in the strict sense, in the best case a lambda is therefore 0.16 4 times worse than a conventional insulator (0.04) must therefore 4 times thicker than conventional insulating!

No. In this case, it is the product "Multipor" from Xella (or its German equivalent) and the lambda is very close to conventional insulators.
0 x
To argue.
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/11, 09:57

Indeed the Multipor a lambda 0.045, I did not know!
http://www.xella.be/html/bel/fr/multipo ... rmique.php

According .pdf ca date of one year, produced very recent so (on the scale of the field of the building!)

http://www.xella.be/html/bel/fr/multipo ... ements.php

Which here 3 .pdf:

Overview on Multipor

Application and installation advice for YtongMultipor Inner insulation

Application and installation advice for YtongMultipor in external insulation

On the other hand, these blocks are not "carriers" if I understand correctly. It is therefore a traditional insulator and no longer a "hybrid" material (load-bearing construction + insulation).

Crazy we can even stick them to the ceiling in interior insulation! And I have interior ceiling insulation to do: I've been looking for a "mineral" and breathable insulating material for a long time (I have a humid cellar where I would like to improve the insulation). I think that's the solution to use!

Thank you I will inquire about the prices! (Oh that's the magic of forums)

As if I had an exterior insulation to make this material because of its durability (not wet evil among us) would interest me much ..

ps: but uh you know how ca Aumicron is the future site of User ... : Mrgreen:

User I splite the subject.
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 04 / 11, 18: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/11, 10:09

I think about it: one of the main drawbacks of interior insulation (with the lack of inertia) is the non "breathability" of insulating materials (waterproof polystyrenes, vapor for mineral wool ...) ...

The Multipor, breathing, it leaves still spend steam as Ytong (3 4 against for the lightest of Ytong), so résoue this problem (provided front and back, of course, the coatings are not waterproof. ..)!

Here are its physical characteristics: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... RBe2el.pdf

I like it a lot this Multipor and I'll ask for quotes (for self-installation)! : Idea:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/04/11, 02:25

Price:
materiaux-naturels.fr/fiche-488/multipor-ytong.html

29 48 to € € / m2 in 8 and 12cm thick!

Not free to air bubbles !!
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: external insulation Ytong Multipor or Siporex (in 06)

by hic » 14/04/11, 09:36

EcoWatt_User wrote:Bonjour à tous

I own a house brick 1973, the Maritime Alps. Summer rather warm, but winter pretty cool (freezing at night) and a lot of humidity, since I have a stream along the ground

For a short time I got the idea to remake the exterior insulation, rather than plasterboard + glass wool as 90% renovations here. Mainly to avoid losing the place inside and avoid thermal bridges and mold bottom of plasterboard plates.

That said, I am forced to be on a ground very steep, so on one of the sections of wall, everything will be done to scale. And I do not have the road leading to my house, so the gear should be easily transportable and lightweight rather to ask

Knowing that I don't have any bigger reserves of money, I planned to do it "by section", that is to say a section of wall from time to time

A friend who does not know much kindly suggested the external dubbing ciporex. I think it is better that I continue to inform me me ^^

By finding this, I realize that depending on the construction, the region, the choices change. So I was wondering if some of you want to give me their opinions and ideas about different solutions that could be applied to my case

hi EcoWatt_User

Lightweight and no thermal bridge

Paste blocks of polystyrene on bricks 20cm
add an external plastered coating

assembly is done with ZERO thermal bridge on surfaces
continuous
(Nothing traverses / pierces nor supports the insulation,
the insulation is self-supporting)

this is the method which gives better performace

poses with a wooden between fathoms (or entse rafters)
lowers insulation,
the wood is not an insulator !! (Compare polystyrene 20cm)
with risk of thermal shock and condensation
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/04/11, 11:38

dedeleco wrote:29 48 to € € / m2 in 8 and 12cm thick!

Not free to air bubbles !!

Yes, I found a fork slightly lower but similar ... must add the glue mortar (3 kg / m²).

Today you have to compare that price to another solution of insulation similar level of finish: Can be coated (plaster) directly Multipor directly or ask a wallpaper, not worth lathing preparation, not against lathing finish, no vapor barrier, no risk of moisture taking advantage ... are multiple (non Ytong not pay me to say that!).

Imagine winning work for a ceiling!

In short, big time saving and comfort once finished must be much better than a "waterproof chemical" solution, durability too !!

All this put end to end, not sure that it is so expensive ... especially in the long term !! The question of health remains to be answered: some claim that aerated concrete would release "vapors" of aluminum oxides that are harmful in the long term to the nervous system ... I have just made a subject of it: https://www.econologie.com/forums/beton-cell ... 10694.html

I'll call the material dealers (Gédimat, big mat ...) ... today there are often interesting wholesale price (per pallet)

ps: about moisture and thermoregulation celluaire concrete, a concrete example. In our garage where ytong block are left raw, humidity often drops to less than 35%, even when it rains and winter (very rarely exceeds 50-55% ...). To dry the wood is ideal!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/04/11, 15:25

Here I asked telephone quote for Multipor, the best price I had was at Bigmat, price HT undelivered (count between € 50 70 and delivery):

60 mm: 11.31 € / m²
80 mm: 15.08 € / m²
100 mm: 18.85 € / m²
120 mm: 22.62 € / m²

constant prices € 1.885 /m².cm

It's still not cheap but its benefits should offset these price (see my previous post)

We are still "far" from what was given on the site given by dééleco and on the other sites that I had seen ... which were at 30 € / m² for 100 mm ...
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 04 / 11, 18: 09, 1 edited once.
0 x