Power reduction okofen = poorly burned granule ...

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Bedouin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Power reduction okofen = poorly burned granule ...

by Bedouin » 23/12/10, 21:56

Good evening everyone,

This year I passed my condensation okofen from 15 to 12 KW and even in cold weather it is enough (220m2 in the Alps).

On the other hand, the granule burns badly. Creation of a belt of machefer.
I had it once in the beginning with the wrong pellet.
The pellet I got is supposed to be DIN quality.
My silo is masonry and in the basement and the previous years (4) no worries of humidity or other.

Filling the silo late spring.
There was the technician who went for the annual interview in May and that's it.

I called Okofen and according to them is either the granule is of poor quality, or it can come from the boiler, bad settings or reassembly poorly done by the technician.

On the other hand a thing that seemed to me bizzare while checking the parameters is that my P270 was at 1 while the defect is 0.

An idea ?

Happy Holidays.

PS: I will tell you later about my cycle times following this power reduction.

Bedouin
0 x
The Caravan passes ...
Did67

by Did67 » 23/12/10, 22:12

1) P 270 on 1 is probably normal: it is the activation of the "flame" temperature probe. It is not automatically applied to all boilers, so the default (factory) setting is zero.

But if you have a probe that "dangles" in the middle of the fireplace, it is normal that you have 1.

2) Even with Dinplus (are they certified Dinplus or simply Din +? if certified, is there mention of the Certco certification number? or producer in the following list: http://www.dincertco.de/en/certificate_ ... llets.html)

So even if certified, "failures" are possible; everything is not controlled all the time; I remember having read on the German net a dispute between users and "German Pellets", one of the biggest German producers, certified.
0 x
Bedouin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bedouin » 23/12/10, 22:30

Thanks did67,

False track then because actually I have a temperature probe.

Following the change of power.
The technician removed 2 springs diagonally and then positioned plugs.

The only parameter changed is the power of the boiler 15-> 12.

I think I have a lot of pellets on the plate.
I also noticed that on the power indicator of the boiler, the famous 17 bars I believe. Before the reduction to 12Kw, at full power, all bars were lit. Now even when she is at donfe, the last bars are off.

I imagine there are no other parameters to change after the power reduction, otherwise Okofen would have told us.

So I'm going to test according to their recommendation, I'm going to go buy 2 granule bags and put them by hand in the plastic tube of granule and then see if it burns normally.

If this is the case, I have the silo granule analyzed and will advise the supplier. I'm not sure it's din + I'll check the bill.

A+

please
0 x
The Caravan passes ...
Did67

by Did67 » 23/12/10, 22:45

There, I dry: normally, the P265 was switched to 12.

But I do not know if this changes the number of modulation levels (P162).

Normally, for the same need, it should work at a higher modulation level!

If you need 12 kW, it is now 100%, so 17 level whereas before it was only 12 / 15 and probably a level 14 + -1

So weird ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/12/10, 22:49

bedouin wrote:I'm not sure it's din + I'll check the bill.

please

If it is a producer, check the list published by CERTCO.

If it's a reseller, anyway, he'll be able to show you he's sourcing from a certified vendor while TA's delivery came from somewhere else. This is the big flaw of the Dinplus label, there is no complete traceability. This should be the case with the new label: in Germany, dealers will now also be controlled ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/12/10, 02:09

the machefer, or melted ash is not a sign of poor quality of the fuel ... with the burner wood chip that I'm doing, entirely in brick, I get systematically the fusion of ash and formation of machefer: the evacuation system must evacuate this melted thing before solidification

of course with the current burner that evacuate the ash by making it fly, it should not be melted ... but it is contradictory ... the high temperature is a pledge of complete combustion
0 x
Bedouin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bedouin » 24/12/10, 09:42

Hello

No. on this kind of gear it is not normal. We burn compacted wood from sawdust and so the result must be a fine ulta powder, which I had the other years.

Platelets and logs it's more nagging it burns very well, it's less well regulated.

These are two interesting but different systems.

Bedouin
0 x
The Caravan passes ...
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 24/12/10, 10:14

I have a pellet stove (not a boiler) and I also have problems with poorly burned pellets, clinker in the bowl ...

Yet I have DIN + granulated. But for the same product, we have qualities that fluctuate in good or bad ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/10, 11:25

chatelot16 wrote:
of course with the current burner that evacuate the ash by making it fly, it should not be melted ... but it is contradictory ... the high temperature is a pledge of complete combustion

To complete Bedouin: you're not there at all.

A pellet feeder burns the wood even better; Normally, only the minerals contained in the wood remain, a fluid ash and gray / brown.

Since pellets are very dry, the combustion temperature is between wood (or chips / sawdust) and fuel oil. We are close to the blue flame.

The clinker is not "carbon" (there, it would be bistre): it is the silica (component of the sand) which melts and hardens, taking up in mass the ashes which otherwise would be fluid.

This is usually the result of too much bark ... or a backhoe load in the soil when handling sawdust or both: bark that has dragged into the ground and finished in pellets. ..
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/12/10, 11:59

even with pure wood it makes machefer if the temperature is too high!

with my wafer I sometimes pick up dirt by shoveling: I find in the ashes pieces of porous terracotta like pouzolane!

so for the formation of machefer in your boiler it is not a proof of bad fuel: it is rather a proof of high temperarure: too localized lights in the center of the burner, and layer of insulating ash around: it would be necessary to increase the flow primary air

at home I do not increase the flow of primary air because I do not want to fly ash: I'm glad that it melts ... it will allow me to burn any pigs without polluting
0 x