After the heated walls, the heating window!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

After the heated walls, the heating window!

by Christophe » 04/12/10, 17:47

Good it remains electric heating but it is interesting for innovation!

After double and triple glazing, here comes the heated double glazing in France.

We know it, to avoid the cooling of his house, we avoid the large openings on the north side, we say goodbye to its simple glazing, we check the condition of its joinery to avoid thermal bridges as much as possible.

But even if the large openings facing due south with double or triple glazing are wonderful for bringing in the light and thereby lowering the electricity bill, in the middle of winter and in gray weather, if the light remains off, the interior temperature near the openings, it tends to decrease due to the cold slowly captured by our glazing.

It is therefore in this case that the idea of ​​the heated window takes on its full meaning.

Brief history of the heated window

Heated windows were developed just over 20 years ago in North America, in very cold areas. Designed from the outset to thermally protect the large glass facades of shopping centers, ocean liners and other industrial buildings, heated windows are in fact the basis of heated glass panels. By that, you mean that at the time, this technology could only be applied to stationary glazing and not to domestic opening windows. It was not until recently that this technology was made available, in the form of casement or sash windows for collective and individual dwellings.

Functioning

The heated window works like a convector type radiator.

It intelligently combines two functions:

1. It warms the house with heat radiation
2. It also serves as thermal insulation in the envelope of the house.

The window consists of two tempered and sealed glass plates, between which a gas is injected. A weak electric current is propelled inside this double glazing which allows to heat the enclosed gas and the interior glazing at the same time.

A monitor is installed near the glazing to control the desired temperature.

Advantages of the system

Energy savings

The heated window, when it completes a high energy performance type BBC construction, can completely replace the usual backup heating and allows energy savings. According to the installers of the system, the energy required to heat the glazing is less than that required by any other auxiliary heating.

Hygiene

The heat induced on the double glazing prevents the formation of condensation responsible for the molds that are too often seen in the window jambs. Exit therefore the problems of allergies, of unhealthy humidity at the level of the window joinery causing detachment of paints, air and water leaks, the problems of thermal bridge etc.

Aesthetic

According to our research, the difference between conventional double glazing and heated double glazing is hardly noticeable. Especially since the heated windows can be delivered in wooden joinery (across the Atlantic). The power cables are completely concealed in the window frame and in the walls. Visually, the heating glass can be quite confused with a conventional low-e glass. Only the electrode installed between the two panes makes it possible to distinguish the two systems.

Safety

The glass sheets of the heated window are tempered, for perfect resistance to possible impacts and thermal shocks. The conductive layer is sealed inside the double glazing, which avoids short circuits in the event of water or foreign matter infiltration. This system protects users from any electric shock.
New in France

In North America and the Nordic countries, the system has already proven itself and has gained a lot of support. Particularly because the system is discreet, has a certain ecological interest and a wood version is available.

On October 12, we read on Batiweb.com that the company RP Technik (KDI group) will present at the Metal Expo 2010 show (Paris Porte de Versailles from November 16 to 19) the “Steel Climate Line with thermal barrier” range , range with the IQ Glass heated glazing system.

Heated windows should therefore soon be available in France for collective and individual dwellings in steel version, but when will the wood version?

Source: http://www.vertissimmo.com/blog/les-fen ... rance-1044
Last edited by Christophe the 19 / 06 / 15, 20: 37, 1 edited once.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 04/12/10, 21:24

Christophe

Yes It comes from Canada and they force a little bit by saying that it is ecological because I really do not see where the ecological is in a heated window except that more energy will be spent compared to the triple window with insulating film which is in my opinion the best on the market today.
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 05/12/10, 02:58

This is the first time I have heard of a heated window. However, apparently it's popular here ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/12/10, 15:25

it seems to me anyway a funny idea! the purpose of an electric radiator is to heat the interior! heat it quickly, there will necessarily be some heat that will go outside ...

it can be a good solution to avoid the cold in front of large windows, but it certainly makes more loss than any other electric heater

to avoid the cold in front of a large window it seems to me simpler to put infrared projector, above or next to the window
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/12/10, 17:47

The window consists of two tempered and sealed glass plates, between which a gas is injected. A weak electric current is propelled inside this double glazing which allows to heat the enclosed gas and the interior glazing at the same time.

Not very explicit the thing .... the principle to heat, what is it?

Your link does not work !?

https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager2/1291...8FLbTxU.gif[/img]
Last edited by Flytox the 05 / 12 / 10, 18: 22, 1 edited once.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/12/10, 17:51

chatelot16 wrote:it seems to me anyway a funny idea! the purpose of an electric radiator is to heat the interior! heat it quickly, there will necessarily be some heat that will go outside ...

it can be a good solution to avoid the cold in front of large windows, but it certainly makes more loss than any other electric heater

Absolutely. I don't really believe it either, except for comfort.

But maybe not even need infrared, since the air in the room is not very "conductive" (I speak in the case of PVC double-window, of course) ..
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 05/12/10, 23:20

Radiant heating like any other. But if it is the gas which heats between the 2 panes the outside pane must also be hot ...

In the case of triple glazing with gas between the 2 interior windows why not?

I think it should be good for villas with lots of bay windows ... But hey I'm not convinced ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 06/12/10, 17:02

Well, it's so popular here, that I had to call 3 big electrical supply companies before I could speak to a salesperson who had only heard of this product.
So, just a "I heard of a guy who had a lot of money, who had this installed in his house".
Try to pass you one.
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

efficiency

by zorglub » 06/12/10, 17:33

is it effective against burglars?
a good shot of 220 v when we break the glass! ..........
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......