Okofen and Pellaqua, insufficient heating problem?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Neek-O
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Okofen and Pellaqua, insufficient heating problem?

by Neek-O » 29/11/10, 17:37

First of all, hello to all! I'm new to this forum...
I allow myself to appeal to your lights, having a heating concern currently (15-17 ° C in the house, with 2 infants).

At the beginning of October, we moved into an old "farmhouse" type house, thick and somewhat re-insulated stone walls, and above all an old fuel / wood-log boiler with a fairly impressive cast iron radiators system (in terms of number and size. radiators size). Before winter, we had the boiler changed directly by an Okofen Pellematic and a Pellaqua balloon (but without solar for the moment). hantier longer than expected, I'll pass you the details ... October 20 start-up, it seems to work (in mild outside temperatures). The temperature of the radiators is not very high, but that seems largely sufficient. On the other hand, since the fall of t ° (4-5 days), things start to get really cold IN the house! And the temperature of the radiators does not rise ... However on the display (white regulator), all the setpoint temperatures have reacted well (increase), but the boiler does not seem to be able to "do its job" ...

Last night's parameters (after more than 24 hours of continuous operation, in "forced" comfort mode):

Heating 1 mes: 45.3 ° C
Heating 1 cons: 79.0 ° C

Amb 1 my: 14.8 ° C
Amb 1 Cons: 20.5 ° C

ECS 1 my: 39.0 ° C
ECS 1 cons: 60.0 ° C

BT1 Hrs: 51.9 ° C
BT1 H cons: 84.0 ° C

BT1 My notes: 38.8 ° C
BT1 M cons: 84.0 ° C

Hot mes: 59.0 ° C

How to explain such differences between the setpoint and the result, knowing that this request (comfort) has been active for more than 24 hours? The boiler, with almost all the bars lit (the last one is not complete) does not seem to want / be able to exceed 61 ° C! The temperature measured at the start of the heating circuit stagnates at around 40.0 ° C (which I find "lukewarm"), and with the number of cast iron radiators, which have perhaps never been "sludged" (the high heater - finally, lukewarm - but the bottom remains cold), it does not heat the house very much ...........

If anyone can help me, thanks in advance ... ^ - ^
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/10, 18:00

Good for the creation of the subject.
I have corrected your original message with a link since: https://www.econologie.com/forums/suivi-du-t ... -1130.html

To begin: what is the power of your boiler?
And do you have an idea of ​​your daily consumption of pellets?

It is not at all normal, except technical problem, bad sizing or installation, that when your boiler turns 24 / 24, it can not heat the house ...
0 x
Neek-O
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Neek-O » 29/11/10, 18:30

I believe (I will check this evening) that it is PES25 (18-25 KW), from memory ... With a Pellaqua 800l. The house is approximately 220-240m² to heat. Admittedly old house, insulation not at the top, but my question / concern comes from the fact that the heat does not leak, it is definitely not produced (!) Yet the regulation seems to "think" well, since the changes at the foot of the curve, slope, changes in the desired t ° have an effect on the instructions ... But the boiler does not seem to "follow". Yet it is already a big power from what I can read. There is ash that accumulates a little around the fireplace, and around the ashtray (not just inside), is this normal, and can it have an impact? The flame seems however strong enough, already (but "pellet control" remains around 60.0 ° C) ...
I am really puzzled ....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/10, 18:38

I do not think that ashes are a problem.

Does your worm screw turn "normally"? (partial jam?)

On which power is the boiler regulated?

What was the power of the oil boiler that was there before?

I do not have a pellet boiler and I think the users of the forum (did67, dirk pitt ...) can better guide you ... but here are some ways to dig ...

About the stuffing of a screw of a pellet boiler: https://www.econologie.com/forums/blocage-vi ... t8392.html
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 29/11/10, 18:49

It just seems to be a power problem.

To know the fat ladle the losses of a home:

D (W) = V (m3) * 40

* D = 220 2.5 40 * = 22kW

But as the house does not seem to be isolated, it's going to be more than 40 as a coefficient.

What is the insulation of walls, roof, and low floor?
Which geographical area?
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
Did67

by Did67 » 29/11/10, 19:31

Ouhlà!

Let's start at the beginning: Do you confirm that the boiler is running All the time to block or almost (most of the bars of the "pellet control" lit), without stopping ???

If so, the boiler is doing what it can, but the house is a serious heat strainer and the boiler can pump well, it leaks even faster! Not all settings in the world will change anything.

And we are bad!

No half-hearted possible: in the short term, reduce the number of used parts and ... tackle the insulation. There is a phenomenal margin!
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 29/11/10, 20:40

I also have a buffer tank .... not the same brand ..
Well here's what I think, having also had a very small problem at the beginning..consigne balloon too high: 72 ° ..
The boiler stops at 76 °, so it can not provide hot water.
So it can not heat your balloon to 84 ° nor send water to 79 ° in your radiators. She must try but ...
In my house, the tank instruction is max 67 °, mini 62 °, in this way the boiler does not arrive at 76 ° limit.
My starting max T ° is 60 °, normal with a ball at 67 °.
Try and tell me.
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Did67

by Did67 » 29/11/10, 21:07

Just a downside to my "then we are wrong": if it turns out that the PES25 is too low, know that it is the same construction as the PES32!
0 x
Neek-O
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Neek-O » 29/11/10, 22:41

@ christophe and aerialcastor:
no error message, no sign of a jam in the "boiler" screw (the supply from the silo being by suction). As said above, power 25 KW, but I cannot go and see if it is restricted or not because "level 2 = parameter protected by password". The old one I don't really know ... But the heating engineer had calculated the loss, and we then compared it to the old boiler and there was supposed to be some margin (old building, thick walls, but the roof was red. -insulated correctly, walls re-insulated slightly, on the other hand not soil). On the other hand, I do not understand that it is only between 58.0 and 61.9 ° C max when all the pellet control bars are on ...
NB: Location = South 77 (Seine and Marne, Ile de France)

@Did67:
I don't know if it's running ALL THE TIME at full speed ... I'm going to ask my wife to watch every hour tomorrow to see this ... But even if the house was a "colander", I don't understand why the boiler does not manage to increase the heating water flow t ° ??? I would like, as I no longer know where I read it on this forum, a t ° at 70.0 ° C in heating departure (the dream !!! - maybe excessive you say, but now I'm a little cold).

@manet42:
The BT settings were at T max 40.0 ° C and Tmin 10.0 ° C. Amazing (I just discovered it). Could this be the cause of the pb ??? In the manual it is said that if the heating or DHW demand exceeds these instructions, it is this demand that will take precedence? When in doubt, I changed this tonight to Tmin 40.0 ° C and Tmax 65.0 ° C ... What do you mean by "my starting T max is 60.0 ° C? That of the heating? That would explain why my departure heating did not take off higher than 40.0 (and now that I think about it, the measured DHW either ... However the BT H sensor still indicates 51-52 ° C ... I do not understand anything anymore) .

Thank you all for helping me anyway!

NB:
heating settings currently:
1.6 water law
Fixed Pt 38.0 ° C
19.5 Comfort Lim
20.5 Comfort Setpoint
Lim reduces 16.0
Reduced 19.0 setpoint
Anticipation 180 mins
Compensation: 4
Hyst set point 1.0 ° C

NB2: is it easy to use the "test outputs"? It allows to see if concern V3V or circulator (I am not super savvy in the field).

NB3: I have noted all the Parameters of "series 1". Unable to display level 2 parameters because requires a password (I know the regulator's password, but I don't know if it's the same in this case). It would be interesting to see the number of KW.

P105: Boiler temperature: 59.0 ° C
107: T smoke / flame 527 ° C
109: T card 26 ° C
110: word cap inter: 1
111: cap word extr: 0
112: nb starts: 256x
113: running time tot: 667h
114: average cycle times: 156m (thanks to Pellaqua)
115: time since stop: 2m
116: tps funct vis 62 zs
117: screw break time 80zs
118: lives wind comb: 33% (quezaco?)
119: lives smoke wind: 99-100%
120: time on act: 0s (?)
124: Consecutive temperature: 782 ° C
125: depression: 57-58 PE
126: 2 analog input: 75 ° C
150-151 (language, contrast)
152: engines - enter (I have not dared to go further)
160: modify live screw: step: 00
162: modul level: 17 (interressing parameter ???)
163: smoke test mode: 0
180: UW Function Mode: 2
181:% lives UW: 0%
183: AV pl over time: 6h
184: live screw cendr: 0U / m
185: proch asp: 240m
186: total time aspi: 7h
187: working time asp screw: 60s
188: Vacuum screw break time: 0s
189: h clean.1: -1h
190: h clean.2: 20h
191: tps before proch nett: 12h
192: clean time: 120s
193: tps before rinsing: 6h (which rinsing?)
194: rinsing time: 45s

Then ... Level 2: password required .........
0 x
Neek-O
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Neek-O » 29/11/10, 22:51

Do not hesitate if you need other info ... I have not touched the parameters Heating ++, T lim pump, etc ... pcq I do not know anything. Likewise, I don't think I can tell if the V3V or the circulator are working correctly ... Can the "output test" be useful, and how?

Thank you again.
0 x