Ecological house project

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Melusine
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ecological house project

by Melusine » 22/04/09, 15:26

Hello everybody

I am new to the site, and I was wondering about building a house. With my husband we decided to build a passive house in Rhone-Alpes. We want to combine wood and stone and create a whole renewable energy strategy. Is it true that we can do without heating altogether? (cf: sweden)
Could you give us some information about materials, especially wood (is this true for termites?). Do you know any agencies?

Thank you in advance
0 x
vision eco habitats
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

passive house

by vision eco habitats » 28/04/09, 17:45

Hello,
We are a passive house construction company (Passivhaus certified) in France. We use several materials such as cellular concrete (thermopierre), shuttering concrete with insulating formwork, single-wall brick or wood. Passive (and only passive!) Wooden construction is the best in ecological housing, but there are some constraints:

Starting with thermites (especially in the south of France) this requires special treatment.
Maintenance is an expensive element to take into account.
The cost, higher than other materials (including installation)
Finally, waterproofing, which requires great rigor during installation, is called into question in the long term.

In your project, the advantage is to combine the wood with the stone, which makes it possible to recover the inertia of the stone very favorable to the passive habitat, which there is not with the wood.
It must be taken into account that the materials are only a manufacturing process, the aim is to obtain a passive habitat which will not consume any energy during use, and will therefore not emit any greenhouse gases.
The Mediterranean region is all the more conducive to the passive house due to its large temperature range. You can completely do without heating and air conditioning by controlling the passive contributions of energy.
So much for the info ...
Do not hesitate to contact us or consult our website http://www.visionhabitats.fr
0 x
"We do not inherit the land from our parents, we borrow that of our children" (St Exupery)