An econological "laboratory": what is it?

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
Christophe

An econological "laboratory": what is it?

by Christophe » 23/11/06, 10:06

In view of the apparent disinterest of consumer protection associations for econology (and tired of testing, a little rough in the kitchen or bathroom, we decided to use part of the store's income to set up a small "laboratory" for testing.

For a first specification (and given our means) I think it would be interesting to limit testing of small electronic equipment including:

- bulbs (led, fluos ...): conso, efficiency, warming ...
- batteries (all kind ...): capacity, held at charge / discharge cycles ...
- solar panels: power, efficiency ...
- any other electrical tests possible (precise calibration style of the PM230 ...)

For the moment I thought about the following tools:
- current / voltage generator (with integrated wattmeter if possible) and GBF
- Oscilloscope
- Luxmeter / Wattmeter / Thermometer ...
- A "capacitance meter" (simulation of charge / discharge of a battery voltage ranging from 1,5 to 48V for example), I do not know if it exists, it will probably be necessary to manufacture it yourself 8)

This is where your advice would be welcome:
1) Ideas of supplier of quality measuring equipment at the best cost?
2) What do you think of this idea?
3) Do you see any other type of useful material? (do not forget that I am not an electronics engineer ...: Shock: )

Obviously the goal is to present all the results of the tests on the site and the forum ! The test campaigns or test material would be conducted in collaboration with those who want on the forum :).
Last edited by Christophe the 06 / 12 / 06, 17: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
bolton069
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Long live the EcoNoLabo

by bolton069 » 23/11/06, 10:43

Hi Christopher,

My intervention may seem cavalier, because I post little, but I find the idea very interesting.

At least for recurrent tests, for more specific and punctual tests, it would be necessary to find among acquaintances, or even in schools (I am in Belgium and I have quite a few engineering buddies, would have to ask them if some not kept good contacts with teachers who could allow access to labs during holidays: track to dig perhaps). 8)

Otherwise, I want to lend a helping hand from time to time if you need little hands to put your fingers in the holds for your experiments. : Idea: Finally not too often qd even the fingers in the socket. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/11/06, 13:24

Uh ... I may not have been clear but the idea is to set up a "personal" lab in other words: at home ... I do not intend to squat in external labs (public or private ) ... I have worked like this before and I know how it goes: more difficulties than anything else ...

Of course the project is not ambitious (to begin at least) ... but later investments could be made later ...
0 x
belze1
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: An ecological "laboratory"

by belze1 » 23/11/06, 15:53

Christophe wrote:- any other electrical tests possible (precise calibration style of the PM230 ...)

What is the calibration of the PM230? and to what extent?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/11/06, 15:56

In fact it was not a very good example ...

But it would be to see if it is as accurate as a laboratory wattmetre ... It has already been more or less calibrated but that on different fixed point and not by varying the load (see the posts on fluorescent bulbs / led). The results were good but a more accurate calibration would not hurt!
0 x
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 23/11/06, 16:57

Unfortunately, I can not help you because I do not know much but it is a very good initiative.
Since no one is interested in us, we must self-finance.
0 x
Together we can change the
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/06, 12:49

New gear needed: timer for extended tests on / off ...

Hold a mechanical timer might be fine but limited to 15 min cycles (including max 48 cycles per day) ...

But what am I stupid here is the ideal tool for this:
electricity savings

It's programmable to the minute!

So I could run a test on a Sirius and simultaneously a neon bulb!

Instinctively, I look for a minimum cycle of 3 min ON and 1 2 min OFF ... 288 360 cycles per day .... at least 8640 per month! What to slam the fluocompact several times after a few months! The neighbors will wonder pkoi it blinks at home! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 14: 01, 2 edited once.
0 x
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 25/11/06, 12:55

How not to have thought before ?!
As for the neighbors, they will certainly worry!
0 x
Together we can change the
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/06, 12:56

We can not think of everything alone ...

That's the strength of a forum no? One idea brings another ... That's how we progress ... :)

ps: so much to do I will not limit myself to a fluocompact but 2 or 3! (new brand different)
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 25/11/06, 13:11

That's good, you'll do a programmer test at the same time : Mrgreen: For him too it's probably the on / off repetition that tires him. It could be that in front of Syrus, he loses :P
0 x

Back to "econological Laboratory: different experiences for econologic"